Gibson County @ Westview

GCPioneer

1 hour ago, BigEdMo said:

Oh man you know Peabody is in  store for another L to GC this year. No matter how much scouting. 

1 minute ago, SuperBowlKid1489 said:

:-o:lol: ...don't poke the bear, I'm sure they can't wait for a little payback this season!

Peabody will go undefeated. They will not be challenged until the playoffs.

1 hour ago, GCPioneer said:

It would be kind of funny if we beat Peabody 2 years in a row on their own field and send the head coach out with a loss in his final regular season game that he will coach.

I would not bet the farm on GC knocking off Peabody two years in a row. I believe Gibson County will come out of that game feeling like they were just knocked out by Young Mike Tyson.

3 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

Supposedly they have some decent skill players around him... last season he didn’t have anyone that could catch the passes. I feel like Westview is going to come into this game looking better on paper, but if we can get the run game going, I feel like we will have a chance.

He has the skills players to go with him this year. The running back is a junior and is fast as lightning. He doesn't go down easy. He also is a good receiver. They also have a senior receiver that is big in baseball but decided to play football this year that is an athlete! He had 4 catches for 119 yards and two touchdowns the other night. When you throw in a QB that can throw or run and then a running back that can run well and then a good receiver, the offensive will be hard to stop.

5 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

Is he finally going to take that principal job??

Big Ed, if that really does end up happening, you will remember that I was the first person to see the gold smoke coming out of the chimney over at Peabody a couple of years ago.

Edited by ReitzFan

15 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

He has the skills players to go with him this year. The running back is a junior and is fast as lightning. He doesn't go down easy. He also is a good receiver. They also have a senior receiver that is big in baseball but decided to play football this year that is an athlete! He had 4 catches for 119 yards and two touchdowns the other night. When you throw in a QB that can throw or run and then a running back that can run well and then a good receiver, the offensive will be hard to stop.

Good bit of info there... I knew Westview football wouldn't be down long. Too many athletes over there not to have a competitive team each year. Take it easy on us Friday!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GCPioneer said:

Good bit of info there... I knew Westview football wouldn't be down long. Too many athletes over there not to have a competitive team each year. Take it easy on us Friday!

McConnell will not let off the gas pedal that I can promise you. “If” he see a chance to make a statement putting up big numbers he will. Two years  ago we put up 60+ on one team and the following week we put up 77 in the pouring rain. That’s just how he is.