Moffey-uh vs. Gunes

STARSNBARS

This was a great atmosphere and awesome crowd for both sides.  I've seen both teams several times through the years but never head to head.  I'll definitely be back next year at The Skeeter as long as it's on Thursday and doesn't conflict with our rivalry game against Jasper.

Good win Maryville. 

Edited by Southtowner
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Maryville pretty much dominated the whole game from my viewpoint. A couple of turnovers killed two of their drives.  Also had a failed 4th down attempt instead of trying a short FG.   

Alcoa scored on their first possession  but were aided by a non call on what appeared to be an illegal block by a wide receiver that kept their drive alive but Maryville held them to a FG.  3- 3 score at the half.  

Both teams are very solid on defense.  Maryville turned it up a notch in the 2nd half controlling the tempo and the clock.  

Sorry we missed ewe St........:thumb:

45 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

Hear iz momma's commint......:roflol:

Image result for eddie murphy gif

Stars I have to admit it pains me to say this that was a masterpiece gameplan, my hats off to coach hunt and the players. At 1:32 left in the 4th Alcoa had 93 total yards that was just complete domination. Murvil fans tonight is y'all night go ahead an celebrate, it's well deserved. I will eat crow tonight, lots and lots of it. I think we all just witness the 6a state champs

That was a hard faught game. Great win for Maryville. Alcoa gets 4 TOs and can only muster 3 points on the night. That itself, has to be disappointing. 

To do this with your UT bound RB sidelined with turf toe, and finding this out at the 11th hour, is even more impressive.

Good win Maryville. Good game Alcoa. Both teams have really good defenses.

Edited by kwc
  • Like 1