Gallatin (5-0) @ Wilson Central (4-1)

Gtowner

12 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

<<<<<<Check out this picture to the left. They don't look chiseled to me....Looking forward to earning # 4 Gold. A 3rd Silver wouldn't upset me too bad though..

At this point, Gallatin is 5-0 and I don’t really care what anybody thinks.  I know what I know and see what I have been seeing. Win or lose, Gallatin is going in the right direction!  There is a lot of football between here and a possible playoff game with Henry Co.  There are a lot of schools that do not want that to happen and I am not going to get caught up in what the Henry Co and Beech fans were doing a few weeks back.  My attention is on Wilson Central and trying to get better.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

At this point, Gallatin is 5-0 and I don’t really care what anybody thinks.  I know what I know and see what I have been seeing. Win or lose, Gallatin is going in the right direction!  There is a lot of football between here and a possible playoff game with Henry Co.  There are a lot of schools that do not want that to happen and I am not going to get caught up in what the Henry Co and Beech fans were doing a few weeks back.  My attention is on Wilson Central and trying to get better.  

The only thing that needs to improve, versus top competition, seems to be the one dimensional offense. Get that passing game going and it will open up Briggs even more. You can’t expect Your rb to remain healthy handing him 34 carries a game.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

I'm with you GWave1.  I'm sure Henry County is very good, and I'm sure Beech is very good, but there are other very good teams out there, and I know Gallatin is one of them, because I have seen them, up close and in person.  They have beaten 3 good teams in Lebanon, Mt Juliet and Hillsboro, and the other 2 wins over not so good.  Every team good bad or ugly plays some good teams, and some bad teams, that's the nature of high school football.  Our next game is a 4-1 Wilson Central team who appears to be good also, we just need to keep winning and the rest will take care of itself.  Just because my team is good and I want to toot my horn a little doesn't give me any reason to hate on another team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GREENWAVE84EG said:

I'm with you GWave1.  I'm sure Henry County is very good, and I'm sure Beech is very good, but there are other very good teams out there, and I know Gallatin is one of them, because I have seen them, up close and in person.  They have beaten 3 good teams in Lebanon, Mt Juliet and Hillsboro, and the other 2 wins over not so good.  Every team good bad or ugly plays some good teams, and some bad teams, that's the nature of high school football.  Our next game is a 4-1 Wilson Central team who appears to be good also, we just need to keep winning and the rest will take care of itself.  Just because my team is good and I want to toot my horn a little doesn't give me any reason to hate on another team.

Need to see how Hillsboro does against Beech to clarify if they’re “good”.

38 minutes ago, GREENWAVE84EG said:

Exactly.  Wilson Central has the ability to score some points so I am anxious to see them against the defense.  In years past they have done a lot of motion to confuse you and that means you have to stay at home and know your reads.  Offensively, it starts with the O line and they have looked sharp so far this year.  Briggs has been getting big yardage and the passing game looked great last week.  Still have to get the penalty yardage under control but overall the offense has done a lot better than I would have thought at this point.  

8 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

The burros lose their next 3 games: PC, Cane Ridge, and Beech....double digit loses!

Yeah I don’t think Hillsboro is very good this year, depth, sloppy big Oline, not as many playmakers on O as they are use to...are just a few of their problems.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

I will say the best team Beech has played is HC. I haven’t watched Gallatin in person, but have seen a little film. I do believe they are pretty good, but I believe HC is a better and more physical team than both Gallatin and MJ.   I’m not sure they’re not the best 5A team in the state right now.  

12 minutes ago, eers said:

I will say the best team Beech has played is HC. I haven’t watched Gallatin in person, but have seen a little film. I do believe they are pretty good, but I believe HC is a better and more physical team than both Gallatin and MJ.   I’m not sure they’re not the best 5A team in the state right now.  

So could Haywood beat Beech? Haywood is not that good.

Just now, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

So could Haywood beat Beech? Haywood is not that good.

Not sure on that one. Sometimes it’s about matchups. 

Not real sure why you say Haywood is not that good. I understand they lost to Olive Branch big, but without being there or seeing any of the game it’s hard to know what happened. The post I made though is not in reference to Haywood v. Beech, as I haven’t seen them play either. 

What I do know is that Beech has some things to up tighten up. With that said, I still believe Beech is favored in every remaining game. Not saying the will win them all, but I believe they will be favored. 

14 minutes ago, eers said:

Not sure on that one. Sometimes it’s about matchups. 

Not real sure why you say Haywood is not that good. I understand they lost to Olive Branch big, but without being there or seeing any of the game it’s hard to know what happened. The post I made though is not in reference to Haywood v. Beech, as I haven’t seen them play either. 

What I do know is that Beech has some things to up tighten up. With that said, I still believe Beech is favored in every remaining game. Not saying the will win them all, but I believe they will be favored. 

To this point I have Gallatin as a two touchdown favorite. Just my opinion though. I’ve been right a lot so far this season just saying.