Meigs at South Pitt

Meeru

3 hours ago, TCRadio said:

13 pages of a “general” from Chapel Hill, whose team couldn’t hold the jock of the top 5 1A or 2A teams, he’s just too excited his team will make the playoffs and win a couple rounds, fact is he knows Peabody will have him waving his white flag at the end of the 1st quarter. It’s a shame he trolls what is probably the biggest small school game of the year.

TC. Another program living on it's past accomplishments. Probably better than Meigs tho 

14 hours ago, RTD said:

Ok idiot I have seen Meigs QB I know how good he is. Why don’t you worry about your team and leave the big boys alone. Forrest is still a pretender until they actually beat a good team or even a team that is rank in top 5 of its classification.

ill chalk this up to a few too many shots of old granddad. i think u struggled to read. i was commenting on portlands QB, not meigs. 

since we wouldnt play meigs or trousdale or watertown until cookeville, and peabody most likely in the semis, we would have to beat ourselves currently to beat a top 5 team. if its that important to you i will try to set it up. what times work best

South Pitt's opponents have combined for a total of 9 wins, while Meigs' opponents have combined for a total of 13 wins. According to CoachT, they both have similar SOS (which is low because most 1A opponents are way below par). The South Pitt offense averages 52.2 points per game compared to 37.2 points for Meigs (played 1 more game than SP). However, the defensive numbers are pretty similar. SP gives up 5.4 points per game while Meigs gives up 5.2. 

Obviously there have been multiple games for both teams where starters were pulled early, but I like to compare the numbers to see how the teams stack up against one another. If Meigs wins this game, I believe they do it with their defense. The offenses for both teams are lethal, so it will come down to SP slowing Swafford down and maintaining eye discipline, and Meigs dealing with the misdirection and speed of SP (along with their newly developed passing game).

I'm gonna go with SP at home 27-21.

1 hour ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Trousdale has played exactly 1 top 5 team in 2A this year. 

Guess what happened

I'll wait 

TC has played FC and Watertown is a region game . If Watertown was on Forrest schedule I guarantee the game wouldn’t go into overtime. Forrest isn’t not a top 5 team that’s funny. Their is Watertown, Meigs, Tyner, Peabody and TC and then the rest don’t matter. Nobody out of the West will beat Peabody and out of the East only 4 teams have a a chance at Cookville. Like I said name one team on Forrest schedule that is a top team in any classification. By the way, Forrest would get beat by Friendship Christian. No point in arguing with you when South Pitt is playing Meigs if you want to talk about TC come on Trousdale thread and then we can finish this conversation.

Yall are slacking. This thread has been going for two weeks and only 51 pages. I really figured it would be at 100 by now. There are two days left. I know you can pull it out and get to 100 by kick off Friday. If not, definitely by the end of the weekend.

You got this! All you need is to type hard, physical, and fast!

(Really don't care, just bored and wanted to help get it to 100) 

Hey guys. Meigs will be my last game for a while. I’ll be having prostrate surgery Oct. 14, and it’ll be a few weeks before I can handle the sidelines. I’m sure I’ll be good for Cookeville. Get those annual physicals so they can catch it early like they did mine. GO PIRATES!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, D60 said:

Hey guys. Meigs will be my last game for a while. I’ll be having prostrate surgery Oct. 14, and it’ll be a few weeks before I can handle the sidelines. I’m sure I’ll be good for Cookeville. Get those annual physicals so they can catch it early like they did mine. GO PIRATES!!!

Prayers for you ole buddy!! And you are right, don't be scared, go get those test done early!!  

• Like 2