Meigs at South Pitt

Meeru

Last thoughts as I sit in Waffle House. Fun night except we lost...  but if we had won what except for bragging rights do we have. SP tremendous team and show. Wish we did a little more and loved how PA played loud music when it was 3rd. We can learn from them. 2 great traditional teams TC and SP in 2 years... got to get their Mojo when we get back home.  Now..  adults get off of #51- I appreciate not using his name— what is dirty for some in aggressive for others... plays hard maybe needs to ease up but I like his attitude.  We did get whipped too much up front but it was by good whippers. Too many drops by receivers (4-5) and those were on down field shots. I’m looking forward to how we respond. I’ll be at Oneida, I challenge EVERY MC fan and ALL Tiger Nation to be there. This group of seniors now has lost 2 games total both in Marion County— bad JuJu

Old Pirate wants to congratulate the Pirates on successfully defending The Speedway Pit! Also congrats to the other Orange & black team, Meigs County Tigers. Meigs is a very good team that plays a tough in your face style of football. Swafford was the best player on the field & the only marked man playing. That said, Swafford showed & proved why he is moving on to the next level upon graduation. The Navel Academy should have picked up several new fans last night. The Pirates however showed great improvement and displayed their ability to answer the bell & force feed a larger physical opponent on long scoring drives. All this praise does not indicate or suggest the Pirates have come close to reaching their full potential. Enjoy the great win, then work to fine tune & strengthen both weaknesses & strengths. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate wants to congratulate the Pirates on successfully defending The Speedway Pit! Also congrats to the other Orange & black team, Meigs County Tigers. Meigs is a very good team that plays a tough in your face style of football. Swafford was the best player on the field & the only marked man playing. That said, Swafford showed & proved why he is moving on to the next level upon graduation. The Navel Academy should have picked up several new fans last night. The Pirates however showed great improvement and displayed their ability to answer the bell & force feed a larger physical opponent on long scoring drives. All this praise does not indicate or suggest the Pirates have come close to reaching their full potential. Enjoy the great win, then work to fine tune & strengthen both weaknesses & strengths. 

Disagree OP, last night Ronto was the best player on the field.

1 minute ago, team69 said:

Disagree OP, last night Ronto was the best player on the field.

That’s fair, but Ronto didn’t have the whole team gunning fer him! Swafford’s strength, speed & escapability was a thing of beauty. Swafford ran down every single SP RB when in his area. The kid is the best from an opposing team in OP’s skillet head memory in a long time. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TigerGoat said:

SP had so many backs that could play ball. They were all GOOD. But I don’t even know which one Tipton was. That is NOT a slight to him, it’s just I thought they all were really good

Ronto is # 7 who caught the long pass. Great team leader & tremendous ability to make big plays. 

9 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Congrats to both teams. SP was the better team last night but Meigs hung in there and hit back twice despite being down 2 scores. There's a million details that decide the game but I was impressed by Meigs not throwing in the towel down 13-0 or 21-8.

Both teams will go deep and SP might be unbeatable in 1A. 

SP had a chance to go up 21-0 but a questionable fumble stopped what surely was a SP roll. The refs continue to weekly prove jest how terrible officiating is. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE