Meigs at South Pitt

Meeru

1 hour ago, Waker said:

S Pitt just may be the team to beat but don’t be on here spouting off mess just because you’ve seen a few games in the East. 

So just because you don’t agree with me I’m spouting? Come on Waker! Why are you even worried about SP better yet why are you worried about my opinion. Because it might be the truth? You have had your feather ruffled every since I said something about y’all and Covington. It’s all good bud!!

19 minutes ago, Spfan2011 said:

Who was the mysterious player meigs got back this week?

I don’t think it was a player, I think they were talking about a young man that has supported the tigers for years but moved away. A special needs young man that loved to be on the sidelines. I think 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Swafford had 114 yards rushing 

Game stats total yards 325-285. Stats from Hargis at the Free Press.

I’d say almost half of that came on that 4th down play we had him stopped in the backfield then all of a sudden he was running 40-50 yards down the middle before being caught from behind.  Good kid and we knew he would get his, but I assure you he hadn’t been hit that much all year.  #51 came alive later in the game for Meigs after getting beat the whole first half, but he came alive in the wrong way.  100% of the time if it was us still blocking 30 yards behind the play and rolling the guy on the ground or still blocking the guy out of bounds, I guarantee you we would have been flagged 15 yards.  Also, I didn’t understand the dead ball foul that still gave Meigs the first down late.  Regardless if the penalties offset And it was still a dead ball then shouldn’t they have to replay the down from original spot, instead of keeping the first down?  Maybe I’m wrong.  

1 hour ago, TonyHorton91281 said:

Meigs is a great 2A school that is twice the size of SP with a STUD at QB.. Huge difference in depth typically and even with SP having abnormal depth we were down to our 4th & 5th defensive tackles because our guys couldn’t stop cramping. Meigs dwarfed us up front and still got out hit all night by a much smaller team. Even with houdini at QB Meigs couldn’t get it going because our defense was swarming all over him. Their big offensive line was holding so bad our defensive end #24 had to switch jerseys because it was ripped off of him. Both scoring drives Meigs had SP gift wraps them 2-15 yard unsportsmanlike penalties on them.  Last drive we just played power football and crammed it down their mouth. SP was clearly the better team and “should” be the team to beat in the east in 1A. Is that better???

I’m pretty sure y’all have more players than Meigs but that’s just me doing the eyeball test

2 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I’d say almost half of that came on that 4th down play we had him stopped in the backfield then all of a sudden he was running 40-50 yards down the middle before being caught from behind.  Good kid and we knew he would get his, but I assure you he hadn’t been hit that much all year.  #51 came alive later in the game for Meigs after getting beat the whole first half, but he came alive in the wrong way.  100% of the time if it was us still blocking 30 yards behind the play and rolling the guy on the ground or still blocking the guy out of bounds, I guarantee you we would have been flagged 15 yards.  Also, I didn’t understand the dead ball foul that still gave Meigs the first down late.  Regardless if the penalties offset And it was still a dead ball then shouldn’t they have to replay the down from original spot, instead of keeping the first down?  Maybe I’m wrong.  

You don’t replay a down if fouls occurred after the play. 

2 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

It was a dead ball penalty , so it was after the play. The play stands and the penalty (if one had been accepted) would have been spotted from the end of the play. Had the play gone for 2 yards instead then it would have just rolled to the next down . 

6 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

You don’t replay a down if fouls occurred after the play. 

1 minute ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

It was a dead ball penalty , so it was after the play. The play stands and the penalty (if one had been accepted) would have been spotted from the end of the play. Had the play gone for 2 yards instead then it would have just rolled to the next down . 

After I typed it, it made sense to me hence the “dead ball” being after the play.