Meigs at South Pitt

Meeru

Just now, Roy Dillard said:

Let me ask you a question. Why did Grider wait until the fourth quarter to throw a heck marry? I had that man event man tell him to do it on the first play of the game.  You think im joking but im not. 

Roy, you are acting real dumb.  Grider don't have a play called "heck marry" and you have created a Whiwuhl at SP web site. 

Congrats to coach Peek. His defense played lights out. They were in position all night to make a play.

I won't rehash what had already been said on here. I will just say that Yeti's Tigers need to keep their heads up. Great game and though Swafford did seen tired at the end, it was because he gave his all and left it all on the field. Both teams did and should be proud of that.

That game will make both teams better in November.

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

Meigs has a very good team hats off to them. I believe they will go far. We wouldn't going to let the big QB beat us they swarmed him all night. They stuffed him once on 4th down and another time had him stopped on a 4th and 1 and how he got out of it was pure determination. He's a very good player. We probably threw the ball 7 or 8 times and completed most of them. I'm not going to. blame the refs because it's football. Overall I thought they did ok. I think when he called the PI on 51 and when the ref threw the flag 51 kicked the flag...lol it bout summed  up the frustration Meigs was feeling. After watching Meigs in th GB game I thought we could get the edge on them. It turned out we could. Hats off to our D. they hit em in the mouth all night. I thought we were definitely the more physical team and they deserve a lot of credit in this win. Like I said earlier in the week we might not have any Mr. Football's but we do have a lot of very good football players.

Great game Pirates! I spoke with several Meigs County players on the field after the game. Good bunch of kids playing the game they love. The common quote from each of them was “ we ain’t been hit like that all year”. Those of you who know me know  I only speak the truth. Swafford and Meadows were very polite  young men to name a few.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Spfan2011 said:

Who was the mysterious player meigs got back this week?

I think it was a linebacker.  Channel 9 did a good story on him the other day. 

https://newschannel9.com/sports/sports-headlines/meigs-linebacker-plays-through-injury-and-memory-of-personal-loss

Young man has been through a lot.  

3 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

One more thing on Swafford, he did get Meigs out of some holes just by sheer will. With a little more help from his receivers, he would have gotten them out of more holes. They dropped some passes that were right in their hands.

I was just about to say that, I’ve seen a lot of dropped passes this year. A lot of that is why Swafford’s numbers are down. and you can’t do that against good teams like SP. the loss of the big receiver has hurt as well. He was hard to guard at 6,3 and good speed. But other players have to step up. 

3 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

https://newschannel9.com/sports/sports-headlines/meigs-linebacker-plays-through-injury-and-memory-of-personal-loss

Ok didn't know who he was. He was open many times over the middle, just didn't have time to get him the ball 

9 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Brady Blevins has played all year. Great ball player, even better kid. 

Edited by TigerGoat