The Orchestration of High School Teams

Narco

7 hours ago, team69 said:

So you label a whole community over a couple of guys posting on a message bd.  I'd be willing to bet just about every team in the State could care less what's said on here by Daddys, hasbeens, and wannabe gurus.

No sir not a whole community just a couple lol. 

8 hours ago, Indian said:

So what did Whitwell do?

Old Pirate’s biggest beef has been with the TSSAA fer years. The Whitwell violation was well documented and Berne did nothing. Not one single Whitwell supporter has gotten on coacht & even attempted to defend the talk of violations!  Whitwell had a great group of kids and OP had great respect fer them. Heck OP even cheered them on in beating them GB fellers. The TSSAA failure to demand accountability from officials to supporters to administrations is laughable. Figure a feller could compare it to the FBI waiting fer fellers to turn themselves in fer their crimes. All should want the rules to be upheld and accountability by all. That simply is not being done. It is obviously public knowledge of impropriety when newspaper articles are written about a particular subject. The transfer matter needs fixin, plan & simple. A one year sit out would go a long way. The only, exception could be when a family moves into an area from afar. The mid season transfers and neighboring programs need fixin. Yes, it will hurt the kids but accountability will build lifelong character. Short cuts to success encourage the trampling of rules and guidelines while promoting wrong doings. 

10 hours ago, Indian said:

So what did Whitwell do?

One of their players was invited to and played in an all star game the summer before his senior year. It was a padded camp, and I’m not sure if being in full pads at that time was the violation or if the all star game itself was the violation, either way it seemed like kind of a silly rule to me. 

49 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate’s biggest beef has been with the TSSAA fer years. The Whitwell violation was well documented and Berne did nothing. Not one single Whitwell supporter has gotten on coacht & even attempted to defend the talk of violations!  Whitwell had a great group of kids and OP had great respect fer them. Heck OP even cheered them on in beating them GB fellers. The TSSAA failure to demand accountability from officials to supporters to administrations is laughable. Figure a feller could compare it to the FBI waiting fer fellers to turn themselves in fer their crimes. All should want the rules to be upheld and accountability by all. That simply is not being done. It is obviously public knowledge of impropriety when newspaper articles are written about a particular subject. The transfer matter needs fixin, plan & simple. A one year sit out would go a long way. The only, exception could be when a family moves into an area from afar. The mid season transfers and neighboring programs need fixin. Yes, it will hurt the kids but accountability will build lifelong character. Short cuts to success encourage the trampling of rules and guidelines while promoting wrong doings. 

You have parents who die, get transferred, divorce, new jobs, get on drugs then they end up moving in with  another family member or the parent. There are all kinds of reasons kids transfer. The sitting out a year wouldn’t be fair to the children.  The transferring is happening all over the country in states where football is the main sport. I read an article last year about kids transferring in florida for football. One coach was leaving Florida and going to Texas I believe because of it. 

I think it something we are just going to have to live with. 

Now I don’t believe parents going out and talking to kids or coaches doing the same is right but that is against the rules it’s just hard to prove.  There isn’t much tssaa can do about it.  Alcoa gets kids all the time why isn’t there constant talk about them ? 

7 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

One of their players was invited to and played in an all star game the summer before his senior year. It was a padded camp, and I’m not sure if being in full pads at that time was the violation or if the all star game itself was the violation, either way it seemed like kind of a silly rule to me. 

I only heard one or two people complain about that also but it happened to be the same two people.Against a team they had to deal with during the season and during the playoffs.Thats the wierd part--same "2" people.

3 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

You have parents who die, get transferred, divorce, new jobs, get on drugs then they end up moving in with  another family member or the parent. There are all kinds of reasons kids transfer. The sitting out a year wouldn’t be fair to the children.  The transferring is happening all over the country in states where football is the main sport. I read an article last year about kids transferring in florida for football. One coach was leaving Florida and going to Texas I believe because of it. 

I think it something we are just going to have to live with. 

Now I don’t believe parents going out and talking to kids or coaches doing the same is right but that is against the rules it’s just hard to prove.  There isn’t much tssaa can do about it.  Alcoa gets kids all the time why isn’t there constant talk about them ? 

Alcoa is where all aspire to be. Alcoa is in a class all to themselves, the extraordinary success brings attention to  some athletes looking to reach the top while also discourages those simply wanting to get the chance to play and prove what they can do on a more equal playing field. The active pursuit of players to short cut to success is wrong. There have been examples of this, far too many programs get away with it. Swift and harsh punishment would hurt those caught up in innocence but for the betterment of the masses. The TSSAA can do far more, plan & simple for the overall betterment of fair play. 

11 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I only heard one or two people complain about that also but it happened to be the same two people.Against a team they had to deal with during the season and during the playoffs.Thats the wierd part--same "2" people.

Obviously you think all rules are not to be followed. Why have any rules if all are not followed?  Perhaps it has personal implications? 

28 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

The all star game for seniors for college exposure. 1 junior participated in a full pad game. Silly or not, it is a TSSAA violation. There are plenty of rules some feel unfair or silly but that doesn’t mean squat. OP feels the targeting rule by a defender is silly but it is what it is, A Rule That now part of the game. 

32 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

The kid went to a camp which by the rules is fine.  However when he played in their invite only all star game in Louisiana which isn’t allowed by TSSAA rules he should have been ineligible the entire season. He was the only Underclassman in Tennessee that played in it because most know it’s not allowed.  The game was streamed through one of the ESPN affiliates. Yes, it was a clear rules violation. However, for reasons unknown the TSSAA did nothing and let it fly.  Basically he got to play all season for them and he shouldn’t have accordingly to their rules. They got by with It which further showed that it truly was a season of destiny up there for them. Most of us that saw them play no they would not have been the same animal without him. He was a very special player. 

14 minutes ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

The kid went to a camp which by the rules is fine.  However when he played in their invite only all star game in Louisiana which isn’t allowed by TSSAA rules he should have been ineligible the entire season. He was the only Underclassman in Tennessee that played in it because most know it’s not allowed.  The game was streamed through one of the ESPN affiliates. Yes, it was a clear rules violation. However, for reasons unknown the TSSAA did nothing and let it fly.  Basically he got to play all season for them and he shouldn’t have accordingly to their rules. They got by with It which further showed that it truly was a season of destiny up there for them. Most of us that saw them play no they would not have been the same animal without him. He was a very special player. 

Another example of adults jeopardizing an innocent kid and the TSSAA lack of monitoring & upholding their rules. The TSSAA is a garbage governing body. How many support an ineligible star player playing for any rules violation? Should there be an exception to the rules? Why?

Edited by OLD PIRATE

6 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Another example of adults jeopardizing an innocent kid and the TSSAA lack of monitoring & upholding their rules. The TSSAA is a garbage governing body. How many support an ineligible star player playing for any rules violation? Should there be an exception to the rules? Why?

You are right if he did actually play in the game,he should have been ruled ineligible.Cannot play in those type games until all high school eligibility is fulfilled.I never heard the whole story.

2 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

You are right if he did actually play in the game,he should have been ruled ineligible.Cannot play in those type games until all high school eligibility is fulfilled.I never heard the whole story.

O&B, Old Pirate’s beef is and has been fer a long Time is the TSSAA. Surely you have some resentment for GB losing a close game to a team with an ineligible star player? Cost GB Gold