The Orchestration of High School Teams

Narco

16 minutes ago, muskox said:

So your saying Alcoa is where all kids aspire to be. Last time I checked they are in the public division as well. yes I know Alcoa would beat greenback  in a game but we have a kid who signed with north Carolina a few years back. This year we have a kid with 35+ d1 offers and another one that has several d1 offers with many more to come. So maybe kids are taking notice of the talent we are putting out right now and want a slice of the pie. If families are willing to move into loudon county and do it the correct way then what is the problem. Alcoa and Maryville have been doing it for a long time. Why cant other teams do it

GB graduated the best group in school history per all Old Pirate has read. That said, that does not mean mining gold and a view nuggets are found there is a major vain there. This year was not thought to be anything more than 5-6 win season, Until............GB ain’t Alcoa, neither is SP. 

2 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

GB graduated the best group in school history per all Old Pirate has read. That said, that does not mean mining gold and a view nuggets are found there is a major vain there. This year was not thought to be anything more than 5-6 win season, Until............GB ain’t Alcoa, neither is SP. 

Never said either was Alcoa...but maryville and alcoa have been winning gold balls almost every year for 15 years. They dont have to recruit because kids are knocking the doors down to play there. So what's wrong with kids taking notice to what has happened at greenback the past 4 years and wanna come there to play. We have always had out of county kids come to greenback. Just the way it is living close to the blount county line. Teams I played on back in early 2000s was full of kids from that was supposed to attend William blount.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, muskox said:

Never said either was Alcoa...but maryville and alcoa have been winning gold balls almost every year for 15 years. They dont have to recruit because kids are knocking the doors down to play there. So what's wrong with kids taking notice to what has happened at greenback the past 4 years and wanna come there to play. We have always had out of county kids come to greenback. Just the way it is living close to the blount county line. Teams I played on back in early 2000s was full of kids from that was supposed to attend William blount.

Nothing is wrong with it unless its done illegal! I'm talking about every school in the State. The elephant in the room is the TSSAA. Schools have transfers all over the State and is it fair to a school that's located out in rural areas where the population is limited. This to me is why you have the same schools year in and year out competing for Cookville. Football is won by the teams with the best players in High School, College, and the NfL. A 1A team that can draw players from 10,000 rather than 2000 usually winds up with the best players. To me it would be near impossible for the TSSAA to monitor the whole state that's why the only solution would to be for a player to set for a year. It ain't going to happen so it will continue and the same schools will be  playing  basketball while the fortunate ones will play into late November.

3 hours ago, muskox said:

So your saying Alcoa is where all kids aspire to be. Last time I checked they are in the public division as well. yes I know Alcoa would beat greenback  in a game but we have a kid who signed with north Carolina a few years back. This year we have a kid with 35+ d1 offers and another one that has several d1 offers with many more to come. So maybe kids are taking notice of the talent we are putting out right now and want a slice of the pie. If families are willing to move into loudon county and do it the correct way then what is the problem. Alcoa and Maryville have been doing it for a long time. Why cant other teams do it

LRDAO, muskox man didnt that Roberts boy that signed with North Carolina transfer from seqouyah? Old pirate I garuntee you best be careful posting that video of them Whitwell fellars last year.  Dont post the wrong one and accidentally put one of them studding videos on here for these GB fellars.  You think im joking but im not. 

10 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

LRDAO, muskox man didnt that Roberts boy that signed with North Carolina transfer from seqouyah? Old pirate I garuntee you best be careful posting that video of them Whitwell fellars last year.  Dont post the wrong one and accidentally put one of them studding videos on here for these GB fellars.  You think im joking but im not. 

He sure did and I bet he did it to play on a better team and possibly get more looks from colleges...sequoyah wins about 3 games a year and in sure his talent would have really shined running for his life behind the line of scrimmage every snap

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, muskox said:

He sure did and I bet he did it to play on a better team and possibly get more looks from colleges...sequoyah wins about 3 games a year and in sure his talent would have really shined running for his life behind the line of scrimmage every snap

College coaches are a little better than most scouts on here. They know a player regardless where they play. I see where this kid is starting at LB for UTC he was a very good player.

1 hour ago, ReitzFan said:

But I thought getting all the private schools moved to Division II was going to solve everybody's problems.

(Typed with sarcasm dripping onto my keyboard.)

You can please some of the people some of the time...

You know the old adage Reitz, and you know that some won't be happy with their own circumstances unless they always have the upper hand. In my mind, the current rules are as good as you're going to get without punishing the innocent, and I'd much rather let a clever cheater slip through the cracks than punish someone who has done no wrong. There's an obvious fly in the ointment, and that's the TSSAA themselves. Bunch of lazy hypocrites who preach fairness, principles, and transparency, yet practice greed, secrecy, and aloofness. 

On 10/6/2019 at 9:20 AM, OLD PIRATE said:

Where can a feller see that game now?

There was a thread posted last year about the time of quarterfinals. The official story changed 2-3-4 times over the course of the thread. Originally said he only "practiced" with the other players. Some CoachT sleuthing found out there was a game. Next story was that it was simply an informal "scrimmage". More sleuthing provided a youtube link to a full fledged, fancy GAME where they kept score, had announcers, yard markers, and officials. Nothing was done. No explanation given and it was completely swept under the rug and then they wound up winning the whole thing.

25 minutes ago, Salem said:

There was a thread posted last year about the time of quarterfinals. The official story changed 2-3-4 times over the course of the thread. Originally said he only "practiced" with the other players. Some CoachT sleuthing found out there was a game. Next story was that it was simply an informal "scrimmage". More sleuthing provided a youtube link to a full fledged, fancy GAME where they kept score, had announcers, yard markers, and officials. Nothing was done. No explanation given and it was completely swept under the rug and then they wound up winning the whole thing.

There was a video clip Old Pirate seen with play by play announcer. It’s still out there somewhere. Who has it?