3. Marion Co  91.47    [2-6]

4. Oneida   91.46.      [6-3]

5. Trousdale Co   90.64  [7-1]

6. Meigs Co    91.47.        [7-1]

7. Union City 90.17   [5-4]

8. Watertown   89.28  [7-1]

9. Westmoreland   89.20  [4-4]

10. Community    88.94    [1-7]

Thanks man. Seeing how the ones fair in the playoffs also will be a good example really if tough schedule is worth it or not. Curious what others may think.

Edited by Imthayeti

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

Thanks man. Seeing how the ones fair in the playoffs also will be a good example really if tough schedule is worth it or not.

Two different trains of thought. Some like the easy route and hope they don't have a  playoff letdown. Others want to toughen themselves up for the playoffs. Your coach has the right idea in my opinion - tough early and midseason challenges with playoff feels to keep the kids challenged and then an easy end of the season run to heal up. 

2 minutes ago, Salem said:

Two different trains of thought. Some like the easy route and hope they don't have a  playoff letdown. Others want to toughen themselves up for the playoffs. Your coach has the right idea in my opinion - tough early and midseason challenges with playoff feels to keep the kids challenged and then an easy end of the season run to heal up. 

I like our route this year, although I'll be honest not sure it hurt is last year. It's been helpful as far as seeing things you wouldn't normally see until high end playoffs. Team speed, dominant passing, dominant rushing, or smothering defenses etc. I think realistically it helps on how you can adjust and how quick you can adjust to something as a coach. I'm not a coach so I'm just speculating though.

2 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I like our route this year, although I'll be honest not sure it hurt is last year. It's been helpful as far as seeing things you wouldn't normally see until high end playoffs. Team speed, dominant passing, dominant rushing, or smothering defenses etc. I think realistically it helps on how you can adjust and how quick you can adjust to something as a coach. I'm not a coach so I'm just speculating though.

Benefit isn't just for the players. Coaches no matter how long they've done it or how successful they've been need to make calls under high pressure situations during the season with screaming "fans" in their ear to stay sharp. It's better to find out you need to tweak your pass protection after playing a good team in October rather than in the 2nd quarter of the quarterfinal playoff game. 

13 minutes ago, Salem said:

SONNIE MOORE TOP TEN -  STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE 

1. Tyner   93.84.       [5-3]

2. McKenzie 92.83     [4-4]

3. Marion Co  91.47    [2-6]

4. Oneida   91.46.      [6-3]

5. Trousdale Co   90.64  [7-1]

6. Meigs Co    91.47.        [7-1]

7. Union City 90.17   [5-4]

8. Watertown   89.28  [7-1]

9. Westmoreland   89.20  [4-4]

10. Community    88.94    [1-7]

Changed our record to 5-3. Good post Salem!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Thanks man. Seeing how the ones fair in the playoffs also will be a good example really if tough schedule is worth it or not. Curious what others may think.

Tyner loss 3 in 2017, and 2 games last year. This year by far has been the toughest regular season run. Time will tell if it helps! Outside of Batiste, the rest of the team were reserves in 2017 (if they are seniors this year). 

8 hours ago, Southtowner said:

The last few weeks Sonny has been running his numbers through 2 models instead of just the one for better accuracy.  Apparently the newer model still has teams placed in the wrong classifications.  But it doesn't change the power ratings. 

I sent him a list of the teams that were reclassified this last mid classification period.  If yall wanna blame someone for the teams out of place then blame me for I could have confused him and for that I have apologized. 

Sonny also stated @CoachT has a great website and it's where he gets his score reports.   

Sonny Moore at the very least needs to post an email address on his website so that he may be contacted. I searched all over and could not find a way to contact him. Sadly both TCA and Columbia Academy have now been placed into different incorrect classifications over the last few weeks. It may not actually change the ratings but sure doesn't look good

Sonny Moore's Top 10 teams (including their computer power ratings) for class 2A 

Another way to look at strength of schedule. The 2A Top 10 with their SOS rank vs other 2A's. 48 Teams total.

CLASS 2A

01 TROUSDALE COUNTY       116.61        5th
02 PEABODY                            113.26       26th
03 MEIGS COUNTY                 112.26        6th
04 TYNER                                 106.30         1st
05 HAMPTON                          102.85        27th
06 WATERTOWN                     102.79         8th
07 FORREST                             100.32        33th
08 FAIRLEY                                 98.09        37th
09 ONEIDA                                 96.72         4th
10 LEWIS COUNTY                    95.94         35th

1 hour ago, Salem said:

Sonny Moore's Top 10 teams (including their computer power ratings) for class 2A 

Another way to look at strength of schedule. The 2A Top 10 with their SOS rank vs other 2A's. 48 Teams total.

CLASS 2A

01 TROUSDALE COUNTY       116.61        5th
02 PEABODY                            113.26       26th
03 MEIGS COUNTY                 112.26        6th
04 TYNER                                 106.30         1st
05 HAMPTON                          102.85        27th
06 WATERTOWN                     102.79         8th
07 FORREST                             100.32        33th
08 FAIRLEY                                 98.09        37th
09 ONEIDA                                 96.72         4th
10 LEWIS COUNTY                    95.94         35th

Another TC faithful member here and I'm really confused on Sonny's SOS.  Solely comparing TC and Watertown schedules and Non Region Opponents. Both play Gordonsville, even there. Then Trousdale plays Friendship DII-1A(6-2), Macon Co. 4A (4-4), and Portland 4A (4-5). Watertown plays Nolensville 4A (8-0), Dekalb Co. 4A (5-4), White House 4A (3-5), Upperman 3A (7-1). 

Macon Co lost to DeKalb Co. by 13,

White House lost to Portland by 12. 

So even on both of those. The remaining games TC vs Friendship and Watertown vs Nolensville/Upperman i have to give the edge to Watertown. 

Results are what matter and Watertown beat TC. Watertown should be ahead of TC in any ranking.

unapproved website also has TC ahead of Watertown. Actually unapproved website goes:

1) Peabody

2) Trousdale Co.

3) Meigs Co.

4) Watertown

5) Forrest

6) Fairley

7) Lewis Co.

8) Hampton

9) Oneida

10) Tyner  <-----no way they are that low

AP Poll has the TC Watertown thing figured out but totally hosed Hampton. South Greene is sitting at 8 and Hampton @ 9 and Hampton beat them by what, 30??? Statement win there. I mean I understand the TC watertown debate as TC had 5 turnovers and lost by 3 in OT but when a team is beat by 30?