SONNY MOORE RANKINGS

OldYellowJacket

4 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Well,  honestly I wish I had the formula so I could dissect it.  Like a lot of yall i really enjoy the numbers.   I can't explain  it all but i can't knock it because i haven't anything better. 

We had a guy on here went by LaxIndex.  Was really good at his rankings.  Superb.  

I've heard the LaxIndex mentioned before, and heard he moved away and quit doing it.  I'm like you these polls are great conversation pieces and I could do it more often than not. And I'm not knockin it either just wish I understood why things like that happen. It was early in the season and not much else to go on. One team even had a bye before the other etc. So just cant wrap my head around why not at the very least THE NEXT WEEK they didnt jump them is all. Even if it was for one week. Obviously we will never know. Just glad our region sees aren't based of the same formula. Wouldn't that be something. 4-0 in region play and end up being 3rd seed somehow....

Just now, Southtowner said:

I've looked at Sonny's and Massey's ratings this week.  They only disagree on one game in the Big Ones.    That being the Knox Central @ South Doyle game.  

Sonny was within 2 points I think last year of our Trousdale game. It's very accurate laye year and Especially playoffs normally

2 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I've heard the LaxIndex mentioned before, and heard he moved away and quit doing it.  I'm like you these polls are great conversation pieces and I could do it more often than not. And I'm not knockin it either just wish I understood why things like that happen. It was early in the season and not much else to go on. One team even had a bye before the other etc. So just cant wrap my head around why not at the very least THE NEXT WEEK they didnt jump them is all. Even if it was for one week. Obviously we will never know. Just glad our region sees aren't based of the same formula. Wouldn't that be something. 4-0 in region play and end up being 3rd seed somehow....

I like all the polls and ratings and rankings.  It strikes up interesting and good conversations.  

The thing about the AP poll it brings the human aspect into fold.  As flawed as we are I think it's a good thing.  How else could a terrible team for a long time that's never been ranked make a top 10 like Red Boiling Springs did a few short years ago when they were winning their games?

Just a feel good story and something those kids can talk about for the rest of their lives. 

1 minute ago, Southtowner said:

I like all the polls and ratings and rankings.  It strikes up interesting and good conversations.  

The thing about the AP poll it brings the human aspect into fold.  As flawed as we are I think it's a good thing.  How else could a terrible team for a long time that's never been ranked make a top 10 like Red Boiling Springs did a few short years ago when they were winning their games?

Just a feel good story and something those kids can talk about for the rest of their lives. 

Ap poll is a good example of how mr football should be awarded imo. Not sure how it works exactly, but it seems some people vote on kids they haven't even seen play? Should be a little more hands on I'd think.

19 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Well,  honestly I wish I had the formula so I could dissect it.  Like a lot of yall i really enjoy the numbers.   I can't explain  it all but i can't knock it because i haven't anything better. 

We had a guy on here went by LaxIndex.  Was really good at his rankings.  Superb.  

I used to look at Earl Nall's rankings as well.

Like you,  I like looking at the numbers. 

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

Just now, Imthayeti said:

Ap poll is a good example of how mr football should be awarded imo. Not sure how it works exactly, but it seems some people vote on kids they haven't even seen play? Should be a little more hands on I'd think.

I have no idea how it works.  

I just try to congratulate the ones that win and say good job.  I try not to harbor ill will towards anyone that promotes high school student athletes.   I know its flawed.  But other than The Good Word, everything is.

3 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I have no idea how it works.  

I just try to congratulate the ones that win and say good job.  I try not to harbor ill will towards anyone that promotes high school student athletes.   I know its flawed.  But other than The Good Word, everything is.

Yeah, to make everyone happy there would have to a be a mr football awarded on every team...... and the next year there would be 2 per team lol. You get where I'm going.