SONNY MOORE RANKINGS

OldYellowJacket

Just now, Southtowner said:

Yeah.  Understandable.   But doing away with the lineman award wasn't too bright in my opinion. 

Yep, that was a mistake. No chance a lineman ever win's Mr. Football outright, even though they are every bit as important to winning as anyone on the team. A great line will make an average kid look very good running the ball, and an outstanding back will look very average with a poor one. 

Just now, tradertwo said:

Yep, that was a mistake. No chance a lineman ever win's Mr. Football outright, even though they are every bit as important to winning as anyone on the team. A great line will make an average kid look very good running the ball, and an outstanding back will look very average with a poor one. 

+1

1 minute ago, tradertwo said:

Yeah,  I agree.  I do wish they'd reconsider bringing that award back.  

Just now, Southtowner said:

Yeah,  I agree.  I do wish they'd reconsider bringing that award back.  

Those kids don't get the ink they deserve (shows my age) anyway... pick up the local paper and not one mention of a lineman in 99% of the print. That was their one shot at recognition, and now (in my best Archie Campbell voice) phhhtttt, it's gone.

• Like 1