SONNY MOORE RANKINGS

OldYellowJacket

3 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Sonny Moore at the very least needs to post an email address on his website so that he may be contacted. I searched all over and could not find a way to contact him. Sadly both TCA and Columbia Academy have now been placed into different incorrect classifications over the last few weeks. It may not actually change the ratings but sure doesn't look good

I sent a Sonny Moore ratings problem to webmaster@sonnymoorepowerratings.com at 5:14 PM yesterday and I received a reply at 9:55 PM informing me that the problem had been corrected and the ratings had been reposted.

1 hour ago, BCB~MVP said:

Another TC faithful member here and I'm really confused on Sonny's SOS.  Solely comparing TC and Watertown schedules and Non Region Opponents. Both play Gordonsville, even there. Then Trousdale plays Friendship DII-1A(6-2), Macon Co. 4A (4-4), and Portland 4A (4-5). Watertown plays Nolensville 4A (8-0), Dekalb Co. 4A (5-4), White House 4A (3-5), Upperman 3A (7-1). 

Macon Co lost to DeKalb Co. by 13,

White House lost to Portland by 12. 

So even on both of those. The remaining games TC vs Friendship and Watertown vs Nolensville/Upperman i have to give the edge to Watertown. 

Results are what matter and Watertown beat TC. Watertown should be ahead of TC in any ranking.

unapproved website also has TC ahead of Watertown. Actually unapproved website goes:

1) Peabody

2) Trousdale Co.

3) Meigs Co.

4) Watertown

5) Forrest

6) Fairley

7) Lewis Co.

8) Hampton

9) Oneida

10) Tyner  <-----no way they are that low

AP Poll has the TC Watertown thing figured out but totally hosed Hampton. South Greene is sitting at 8 and Hampton @ 9 and Hampton beat them by what, 30??? Statement win there. I mean I understand the TC watertown debate as TC had 5 turnovers and lost by 3 in OT but when a team is beat by 30?

Really good post. I'm with you team 1 beats team 2. No reason team 2 should be higher than 1. At least especially in a computer generated poll. Trousdale may be better idk. But what's the use if the computer doesn't recognize the win. It cant possibly take into accord turnovers surely?

Gibson County beat Peabody last year.  Does anyone really think Gibson County should have been rated above Peabody at the time? 

This is just one example.  There are too many of these examples to mention.

It's a formula.  And that's what the formula says.  No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Sonny has a very good algorithm.  Otherwise yall wouldn't be viewing his ratings every day, every week, every month and every year. 

Just now, Southtowner said:

Gibson County beat Peabody last year.  Does anyone really think Gibson County should have been rated above Peabody at the time? 

It's a formula.  And that's what the formula says.  No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Sonny has a very good algorithm.  Otherwise yall wouldn't be viewing his ratings every day, every week, every month and every year. 

Time in, lol  . Its a total body of work, one game means very little. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

See here’s the problem with the scenario you mentioned. After last year’s GC vs Peabody’s game both teams were 6-1 at that point and being in the same region they had very similar schedules. Being that Gibson Co just beat Peabody on their home field one could easily conclude that Gibson Co. was better. You asked if anyone really thought they should be rated above “at the time”. And according to facts lots of people could have made that argument. We see it didn’t turn out that way but again you said “at the time”. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

@Southtowner 

Your defense of this is the Gibson County defeat of Peabody game last year lol? I like Sonnys poll more than most others come end of year but defending the Trousdale and Watertown game with a one in a million upset is silly. If there was something to explain why that's one thing, but, these are 2 evenly matched teams one was better on the given night and immediately out ranked by the other. The following week. You should work in politics. Sounds like you were made for it when you have an argument that don't make any sense just roll with it.:roflolk:

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

@Southtowner 

Your defense of this is the Gibson County defeat of Peabody game last year lol? I like Sonnys poll more than most others come end of year but defending the Trousdale and Watertown game with a one in a million upset is silly. If there was something to explain why that's one thing, but, these are 2 evenly matched teams one was better on the given night and immediately out ranked by the other. The following week. You should work in politics. Sounds like you were made for it when you have an argument that don't make any sense just roll with it.:roflolk:

Who says I'm not in politics? 

27 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I'm sure this is why Sonny doesn't post his email address.  Just think of all the questions he'd be asked as to why 1 team is rated above the other.  

I don't know for sure but I'd think past history would factor in some as well.  

If I had something that was possibly broken for some reason I wouldn't put my contact info out there for the masses either to ask questions. I mean why would I want to explain why something I made makes sense right?