Fayetteville to forfeit 6 wins

MidTennFootball

14 minutes ago, FootballFan75 said:

Ross coached my nephews freshman year. Do I wish he would have stuck around to coach my nephew all 4 years yes I do. Did I ever buy any purple No sir I did not!!! Go back to bed Roy

I garuntee Wendy woke me up and ive been reading my Murphy Fair book and looking at Murphys pole.  I garuntee you is full of mess about wearing that purple mess.  You think im joking but im not. 

9 hours ago, PullinGuard said:

Who is the official who told you about this a month before it occurred?

And this 100% applies to Huntland, FCHS, and LCHS.  I’m sure dozens of others.  It is certain Huntland and LCHS are in violation. I’m not sure about FCHS. The TSSAA admits that many other schools are in violation  

Also, there is no mention of tuition and no results when ‘tuition’ is searched on Moore County’s website. The TSSAA.ruling in Fayetteville was stated to be based on a website review.  I will 100% confirm or deny whether the baseball player in question paid tuition tomorrow and will reply here. 

Yes it does mention tuition on their website. Tuition in Moore co is a policy set by the school board for non-resident students. Take a look at the school board policy which I found easily on their website. I have attached. 

https://tsbanet-my.sharepoint.com/personal/policy_tsba_net/_layouts/15/onedrive.aspx?id=%2Fpersonal%2Fpolicy_tsba_net%2FDocuments%2FMoore County%2FMobile%2F6 Students%2F6204.pdf&parent=%2Fpersonal%2Fpolicy_tsba_net%2FDocuments%2FMoore County%2FMobile%2F6 Students&originalPath=aHR0cHM6Ly90c2JhbmV0LW15LnNoYXJlcG9pbnQuY29tLzpiOi9nL3BlcnNvbmFsL3BvbGljeV90c2JhX25ldC9FUmtSR1I2V1AxMUhvdGh6MzNGT1Z5Z0JKRGhzMjdlZWh5T3U1M3hBQ2xCVktBP3J0aW1lPXlHUXZfbHRjMTBn

8 hours ago, PullinGuard said:

Thank you. Have no issue with MC, was just making the point that this is clearly selective enforcement.  It’s a 100% certainty that kids at Huntland don’t pay tuition and live where FCHS buses run.  Headed to the playoffs  

I have no problem with them, either - let the kids play. 

But I suspect this is a buddy doing a buddy a favor to knock a team out of the playoffs. 

Some Huntland students do pay tuition. They are a Franklin Co. school. If you don’t quick search of the Franklin Co website and look at their school policies it is clear. Any student that lives outside the school will be required to pay tuition. I have included the policy for you. 

https://tsbanet-my.sharepoint.com/personal/policy_tsba_net/_layouts/15/onedrive.aspx?id=%2Fpersonal%2Fpolicy_tsba_net%2FDocuments%2FFranklin County%2FMobile%2F6 Students%2F6204.pdf&parent=%2Fpersonal%2Fpolicy_tsba_net%2FDocuments%2FFranklin County%2FMobile%2F6 Students&originalPath=aHR0cHM6Ly90c2JhbmV0LW15LnNoYXJlcG9pbnQuY29tLzpiOi9nL3BlcnNvbmFsL3BvbGljeV90c2JhX25ldC9FUVRtbG4yZ1N2cEdpLVQ0OFdWcE1uOEJ5UkNJSFJ2WHNNMXVJU2hFTGdIRkRRP3J0aW1lPWlOMGZzMTFjMTBn

25 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Alot of schools thru the state do this.Maryville,Alcoa,Loudon county tried but board denied it at this moment to be brought up in future.

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

That does not apply inside Franklin County. Those kids inside the county are the ones in question. 

There are kids in Winchester who do not have a Huntland bus attending Huntland and plying sports and not paying tuition.  There is nothing wrong with this - it’s always been that way. 

But it’s perfectly analogous to a kid outside Fayetteville, inside Lincoln County, who doesn’t pay tuition, and doesn’t have a bus. 

If this ruling were applied to Huntland, they would be out of the playoffs too.  That would be just as ridiculous as the Fayetteville ruling. 

For 40+ years kids outside Huntland bus routes have played at Huntland. Same is true in Fayetteville. This was a selective attack on Fayetteville for a buddy. 

Edited by PullinGuard
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, thegreatwhite1 said:

I get what you're saying and agree.  Fayetteville being its own school system is the problem though.

I don't see how that has any bearing or connotes any distinction compared to the Huntland situation.  The local school board has full authority to decide what their geographic boundaries are acc'd to the TSSAA and Fayetteville's have been the entirety of Lincoln County for 40+ years.  That is undeniable and hasn't been contested by anyone.  The kid was ruled ineligible because, in spite of him clearly being within the well-established geographic boundaries, and despite the Director ruling him eligible, a bus doesn't run by his house.  There are kids on every athletic team in Huntland in exactly the same situation (geographic area is all of FC, and there is no Huntland bus in their area), and probably have been for 40 years as well.  Nothing wrong with either situation, and they are perfectly comparable.

We ought to hear which direction this appeal ruling is going any time now.   

Edited by PullinGuard

Huntland is not its own school system, that is why. Out of zone and out of district are different. Fayetteville must have fudged something on the eligibility report or the TSSAA would not have deemed him eligible to begin with.  There's more to this that that admin would leave you to believe. IMO this falls on the the AD or principal being that they are the ones who submit eligibility, not the coaches anymore.

i personally do not have a dog in this fight, but the thread caught my attention and i actually took the time to read all 21 pages.   

The thing that i think a lot of people are missing is that a student entering 9th grade can go to any school that will admit him and be immediately eligible.  But if he enters a school in any grade other than 9th, he will be considered a transfer student and must follow all the rules that apply for that.   

a lot of posters are saying that all of these open zone schools have ineligible players based on the "Bus route" rule.  The "bus route" rule only applies to transfers.  So if a student entered the open zoned school as a 9th grader the rule doesn't apply.   

Also once a student has been at a school for 12 months, he is no longer considered a transfer student and the bus route rule would no longer apply,  so basically he would be ineligible for  12 months then he could play.  

• Upvote 3

We apologize for the short notice, but we learned this morning that a temporary restraining order has been issued restraining the TSSAA from conducting the hearing scheduled for this afternoon regarding the ongoing issue surrounding their ruling delivered last week.
As a result of this step, we will not be appearing for an appeal hearing with TSSAA Board of Control at this point, but we will however present our case in front of a court of law to be conducted at a later date....
The decision to seek relief in court was not made in haste. We feel that this course of action is the most appropriate step to address this situation for the benefit of our players and coaches.

Sincerely,
Adam McCormick, Principal
Fayetteville High School

• Like 2