Fayetteville to forfeit 6 wins

MidTennFootball

32 minutes ago, 93grad said:

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

BULLETIN: Fayetteville will not attend TSSAA BOC Meeting: FHS Gets Restraining Order
CoachT
Reportedly, Fayetteville has gotten a temporary restraining order and injunction against the TSSAA which means that Fayetteville can participate in the playoffs until the judge rules. FHS will not be appearing at the specially called Board of Control meeting today. However,tThe meeting WILL be held at 1PM today. More details ASAP.

Thanks for the response, Mr. McCormick.   Hope all of this gets resolved ASAP.   I'm very interested to see what comes out of the meeting today.  

In the meantime, if the TSSAA bows up and does not overturn the ruling where on Earth does that leave the 4th place team in region 6?   Did they flip a coin (Heads we go to Fayetteville- Tails we go to Huntland or whoever wins region 5 according to TSSAA).   Gonna be interesting, no doubt.

13 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

So can the team that was just bumped out of the playoffs by this injunction file a lawsuit to stop the 1st lawsuit?

It will be very interesting if two different teams show up at Huntingdon in the 1st round expecting to play.... Might be a huge gate for the Mustangs in round one.. :rolleyes:

Edited by FridayMainEvent

Without giving too much personal information (I hope this hasn't been covered yet) I know the player moved to an address in Lincoln County that was outside of Fayetteville city limits (bus zone/whatever). How far did he move. Did he play at a TSSAA school last year or did he move in from out of state. Just trying to understand all the details.

Just now, Red Rebels said:

Without giving too much personal information (I hope this hasn't been covered yet) I know the player moved to an address in Lincoln County that was outside of Fayetteville city limits (bus zone/whatever). How far did he move. Did he play at a TSSAA school last year or did he move in from out of state. Just trying to understand all the details.

I ask the same question.I was told he came from Alabama and moved into the area where he could attend FHS.Thats why i am confused as long as he moved there it really shouldn't matter if the accept city and county students.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Moved in out of state last December or January.