Fayetteville to forfeit 6 wins

MidTennFootball

I can see withholding info to put the screws to a rival school.  I don't know who brought this up to the TSSAA this last time, but I do know there is a ton of bad blood in when it comes to football between  Fayetteville and LC.  There will never be a return to the "good ole days" of Lincoln County football as long as Fayetteville is rocking and rolling, or even in existence.

3 minutes ago, LetMeHearYA said:

If Fayetteville would have went through with the appeals process, would the TSSAA had to state the reason and why they determined the player to be ineligible during the board meeting?

Looks to me as though Fayetteville knew if they initiated a restraining order that they would be eligible to play in the playoffs so they avoided the meeting altogether!

10 minutes ago, thegreatwhite1 said:

I can see withholding info to put the screws to a rival school.  I don't know who brought this up to the TSSAA this last time, but I do know there is a ton of bad blood in when it comes to football between  Fayetteville and LC.  There will never be a return to the "good ole days" of Lincoln County football as long as Fayetteville is rocking and rolling, or even in existence.

Dirty, yet if legal would be a non issue.

5 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Looks to me as though Fayetteville knew if they initiated a restraining order that they would be eligible to play in the playoffs so they avoided the meeting altogether!

Or knew they were busted and only way to get in. Works both ways.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Dirty, yet if legal would be a non issue.

Or knew they were busted and only way to get in. Works both ways.

You are correct in that assumption! It definitely goes both ways! 
 I’m missing to much information to know anything! I’ve read what some are saying is truth then reading were it’s wrong. Just know the whole situation sucks for someone..that being Fayetteville or a team that gets knocked out of the playoffs because of it!

Like others I’m just waiting on a judgement and explanation.

34 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

That's what I believe as well. If this goes through the courts and the end result is against Fayetteville, they should kick them out of the TSSAA or suspend them for a length of time. I can't stand the TSSAA but to not go through proper process and straight to the courts is ridiculous. If they appealed and was ruled against, then take it to court, I would have had no problem with it. If they would have appealed and a decision wasn't made yet on Friday and they went to the court. I wouldn't had a problem with it.

To be honest, I'm not a law scholar and the judge may had to make a decision, but I'm not real happy the judge gave the injunction without them at least going through the appeal process. You agreed to this process when you became a member of the TSSAA. To me, going in front of the BOC is going in front of your peers or say jury. Present your case and let them make the decision and if you don't like it, then appeal to the courts. The BOC has to consider the decisions they make because that ruling could be brought up in a case against their school or a school in their region down the line. That's just the way I see it though.

Edited by LetMeHearYA

1 minute ago, LetMeHearYA said:

That's what I believe as well. If this goes through the courts and the end result is against Fayetteville, they should kick them out of the TSSAA or suspend them for a length of time. I can't stand the TSSAA but to not go through proper process and straight to the courts is ridiculous. If they appealed and was ruled against, then they took it to court, I would have had no problem with it. If they would have appealed and a decision wasn't made yet on Friday and they went to the court. I wouldn't had a problem with it.

To be honest with you, I'm not a law scholar, but I'm not real happy the judge gave the injunction without them at least going through the appeal process. You agreed to this process when you became a member of the TSSAA. To me, going in front of the BOC is going in front of your peers or say jury. Present your case and let them make the decision and if you don't like it, then appeal to the courts. The BOC has to consider the decisions they make because that ruling could be brought up in a case against their school or a school in their region down the line. That's just the way I see it though.

I believe everyone has their own view of this situation. Yours is just as valid as anyone else’s. 
 I’m definitely not a fan of the TSSAA but I have my own reasons for that! I just see them picking and choosing which rules to enforce and which ones to ignore! That inconsistency is why things need to be addressed and changed! A violation of a rule is a violation...they must enforce the consequences not just whip there hands of it! 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Oleskooly said:

And am I reading it right where it says no Region 5 teams will be put in playoffs until this is complete? I thought I saw the court date is the 13th of November. 

Where are you seeing the playoff info?  I've seen the Nov 13 date, but not so sure that's accurate.  It could be, but that is also the very last day it could be held, I think (15 days after yesterday).  So, I wonder if that's for sure the date or just the outer limit.

Edited by PullinGuard