DB @ Alcoa

Throwdeslant

19 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

I’ll have ya a big plate ready! :thumb:

0-A7-D96-C5-3756-429-E-950-F-C248355-FFA

Haha, that's great man!     You know, I saw DB in a pre-season scrimmage against Greeneville and they just pushed the GREENE all over the field, and I knew there must be something special about this DB team.    I have not picked against them all year and until last week they always came through with the W.    So that is why I am sticking with DB in a close one, but if it doesn't happen then that crow looks yummy!

5 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Haha, that's great man!     You know, I saw DB in a pre-season scrimmage against Greeneville and they just pushed the GREENE all over the field, and I knew there must be something special about this DB team.    I have not picked against them all year and until last week they always came through with the W.    So that is why I am sticking with DB in a close one, but if it doesn't happen then that crow looks yummy!

:thumb: :lol: No worries. If DB comes into Alcoa and pushes them all over the field they will have done an overly amazing job and will have deserved the win. We shall see. 

If the Alcoa Offense uses the same game plan as they did in the Maryville game, it will be a close game.

If the Alcoa Offense comes out with the same game plan they used in the GP game with a power running plan with #7, #17, & # 15 it will favor Alcoa. B)

If Alcoa will add a bit more short passing routes to that run game and get #4, #17 & #12 involved, the Tribe will NOT slow the F5 Tornadoes down! :thumb:

Alcoa has the players to have an offense that can strike like "lighten in a bottle".....will they uncork the bottle???:huh:

The Alcoa defense will show up, period! :thumb: DB, may score, but, I'd say 14 points TOPS!

My prediction:

Alcoa 35, DB 14

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

If the Alcoa Offense uses the same game plan as they did in the Maryville game, it will be a close game.

If the Alcoa Offense comes out with the same game plan they used in the GP game with a power running plan with #7, #17, & # 15 it will favor Alcoa. B)

If Alcoa will add a bit more short passing routes to that run game and get #4, #17 & #12 involved, the Tribe will NOT slow the F5 Tornadoes down! :thumb:

Alcoa has the players to have an offense that can strike like "lighten in a bottle".....will they uncork the bottle???:huh:

The Alcoa defense will show up, period! :thumb: DB, may score, but, I'd say 14 points TOPS!

My prediction:

Alcoa 35, DB 14

Good analysis BC. I loved the run game we used vs GP!! I like going big but spreading the formation wide with at least one flanker. #4, and#12 are a nightmare match up for teams and you got to double them. Opens the running lanes.

33 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Good analysis BC. I loved the run game we used vs GP!! I like going big but spreading the formation wide with at least one flanker. #4, and#12 are a nightmare match up for teams and you got to double them. Opens the running lanes.

YES!.......That power run game used against GP, should have been on the table from the beginning. It has been the heart and soul of countless championships. Now, the bad thing was, it was so successful the Offense only threw the ball twice. Once from Sam and once from Cam. Now, a team like DB will simply load the box with one of the biggest lines they will face. They need to have a balanced attack to keep the running lanes open like you said. Short passes to #4 and #12 would do wonders. The occasional shot down field to #4 helps a bunch also. Get all that clicking will be nice!B)

Team that Offense up with the way the Defense is playing............watch out!:thumb:

Just now, BCsportsfan said:

YES!.......That power run game used against GP, should have been on the table from the beginning. It has been the heart and soul of countless championships. Now, the bad thing was, it was so successful the Offense only threw the ball twice. Once from Sam and once from Cam. Now, a team like DB will simply load the box with one of the biggest lines they will face. They need to have a balanced attack to keep the running lanes open like you said. Short passes to #4 and #12 would do wonders. The occasional shot down field to #4 helps a bunch also. Get all that clicking will be nice!B)

Team that Offense up with the way the Defense is playing............watch out!:thumb:

Hoping for a great performance from the Tornadoes Friday night.  Looking forward to offense clicking on all cylinders!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

If DB is beat up with injuries as someone mentioned than I retract my assumption that DB could keep this game close and maybe pull off an upset.

I agree, but it seems we always hear about teams falling back due to injuries, so hard to tell what's real and what isn't.     I have no idea of DB's depth but I think the starters who have played through the first 9 games are able to play then they can hang with Alcoa.    But as you say, a couple of key kids out and that changes everything.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

DB has been very good against the run all season. Science Hill has probably the best offensive line DB has faced this year and they held the Toppers to just 11 yards rushing. Science Hills line however is just average compared to Alcoa. The big problem for DB is the only pass defense they have is the pass rush. The defensive backfield is terrible, which if you follow DB football you know that's a tradition. Science Hill beat DB by throwing short quick passes. 20 of them to be exact. Science Hill is a average team at best and they had no problem passing. I figure Alcoa is a good enough team that they'll be able to do whatever they want on offense but if the run is not there the short passes will be wide open all night long. DB can't stop the pass. Never have, never will. Alcoa 41 DB 7

• Upvote 1