Round 2: Mt Juliet (7-4) @ Oakland (11-0)

DillonPanthers1

56 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

WHO was that stupid and do they have any money to back up their 'OPINION'.  If so please contact me so I can have a shot at some of that easy money!

My guess is that GoPats is taking a little poke at me.  My interpretation that Oakland is not perfect seems to possibly offend him.  He and I are cheering for the same team.  Oakland.  I just don't agree with him that Oakland is the perfect team.  I THINK Oakland will handle MJ quite easily this Friday but you never know.  

As you can see from my prediction above, Oakland wins bigly.

12 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

My guess is that GoPats is taking a little poke at me.  My interpretation that Oakland is not perfect seems to possibly offend him.  He and I are cheering for the same team.  Oakland.  I just don't agree with him that Oakland is the perfect team.  I THINK Oakland will handle MJ quite easily this Friday but you never know.  

As you can see from my prediction above, Oakland wins bigly.

Don't think one Oakland team is better than the other. This one is just different from last year. 2018 had a better D-Line, but this one has more big play potential. Doesn't make one better than the other or more vulnerable. The way Oakland plays on defense, runs bewteen the tackles are always going to be possible, but you have to be absolutely committed to it and have the talent/OL to make it work for an entire game. There is maybe 2-3 teams in 6A that could it work for an entire game

14 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Don't think one Oakland team is better than the other. This one is just different from last year. 2018 had a better D-Line, but this one has more big play potential. Doesn't make one better than the other or more vulnerable. The way Oakland plays on defense, runs bewteen the tackles are always going to be possible, but you have to be absolutely committed to it and have the talent/OL to make it work for an entire game. There is maybe 2-3 teams in 6A that could it work for an entire game

Agreed, not necessarily better or worse than last year, just different.  More explosive special teams play.  Upgrade at QB.  Tendency for the team to start slow several games this year.  Some teams have had success early on the ground.  You are correct that it has to be done for an entire game and Oakland has yet to see a team capable of it.  Oakland is in a group of 3-4 teams that are playing at a completely different level than everyone else in 6A.  They will be tested for certain.  Maybe not as much this week but they will eventually.

6 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

Agreed, not necessarily better or worse than last year, just different.  More explosive special teams play.  Upgrade at QB.  Tendency for the team to start slow several games this year.  Some teams have had success early on the ground.  You are correct that it has to be done for an entire game and Oakland has yet to see a team capable of it.  Oakland is in a group of 3-4 teams that are playing at a completely different level than everyone else in 6A.  They will be tested for certain.  Maybe not as much this week but they will eventually.

I said at the beginning of the year that Oakland and Maryville are heads and shoulders above everyone else in 6A.  No team in the playoffs will touch either of  them until they meet in the semis. After that game the team from the west side of the bracket will be hoping to not get mercy ruled in the 15th game.

On 11/9/2019 at 3:12 PM, DillonPanthers1 said:

I knew it wouldn't take long for MJGBs little pup to show up. Following him around everywhere he goes. And why would MJGB need to tell the kids anything? He must be a certain coach everyone assumes that he is. If you do have to tell the players this to get them motivated then they're nowhere close to being ready for a game like this anyway. Good job wingman!

WANNA SEE MY RINGS BUDDY

You noticed that too !! Every time MJGB posts and Thegreatone comes running , I can just hear him going Whatt Ya think about that one Spike ( MJGB ) huh , huh Spike , did I do Good !!?? LOL