South Pittsburg vs Gordonsville (Grider against this Clemons man)

Roy Dillard

2 hours ago, croz6110 said:

Like powerp said, we were decimated with injuries when playing Clay, and it was a 13-6 ballgame going into the 4th.

Even when we were healthy we started 3 or 4 freshmen. Through the course of the year, we've started 9 freshmen. Over a dozen have played meaningful snaps.

All I know is the we have a chance to play in the quarterfinals. Most would probably say that was our ceiling even when we were healthy. With what we've had to endure this year, injury wise, I would say making it this far is an accomplishment. 

We've also seen...any given Friday.

I see what you are saying. I wasn’t meaning any disrespect. I was just comparing scores. You are right missing that many starters could have likely reversed the score. 

Edited by CaptainLongbeard

No Disrespect to Gordonsville but the way South Pittsburg is Playing right now and the fact that they are geting better every Game, South Pittsburg is the only Team that can or Will beat them. This may be the very Best total Backfield ive ever seen. We have 3 or 4 Backs that would easily be 1200+ yard rushers. The Defense is getting even more Stingy and is hard to run on.  South Pittsburg by 32.

18 minutes ago, Geno said:

No Disrespect to Gordonsville but the way South Pittsburg is Playing right now and the fact that they are geting better every Game, South Pittsburg is the only Team that can or Will beat them. This may be the very Best total Backfield ive ever seen. We have 3 or 4 Backs that would easily be 1200+ yard rushers. The Defense is getting even more Stingy and is hard to run on.  South Pittsburg by 32.

You know you are going to make the Clemons man real mad with predictions like this one. :)   We have had some really good backfields in the past. The 2007 team is still the nastiest I’ve seen as far as skill players. I think this is the best skill play we have had since 2016.

20 minutes ago, Geno said:

There is a team we will play in the semifinals that can beat us. They are so explosive it's ridiculous. I feel very confident in our run defense but we haven't been tested in our pass defense. It makes me nervous at times.  

As far as this week, Gordonsville will be fundamental and make SP earn everything they get.

38 minutes ago, powerp said:

There is a team we will play in the semifinals that can beat us. They are so explosive it's ridiculous. I feel very confident in our run defense but we haven't been tested in our pass defense. It makes me nervous at times.  

As far as this week, Gordonsville will be fundamental and make SP earn everything they get.

I understand what you are saying but we haven’t faced a team in my opinion that’s had a passing game! Meigs I guess you could say had the QB for it but SP defense had him shut down all night. He never really had a chance to throw, was being pressured and was on the run! 
 Sale Creek was another team that I can think of that kind of tossed it around but again the SP defense held that in check.

Could say Copper Basin but again, read the above for the same outcome.

IMO, I guess I’m like Geno...SP has seemed to just improve offensively and defensively every game! I told someone today, sometime between the Jasper and Meigs games SP as a team has just been on a mission! 
 They keep that kind of intensity up and it’s going to be hard for a team to beat them. Yes, I know who’s lurking down the road if SP beats Gordy but for now I hope SP just takes care of business Friday night then if the other Orange and Black team wins we can discuss that one! 

3BCA298F-1294-4BB1-981E-5CA13E797BB0.jpeg

72765E8A-C0C7-4A1D-AEF1-FF9727F46DDC.jpeg

Edited by CaptainJackRackam

8 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

I understand what you are saying but we haven’t faced a team in my opinion that’s had a passing game! Meigs I guess you could say had the QB for it but SP defense had him shut down all night. He never really had a chance to throw, was being pressured and was on the run! 
 Sale Creek was another team that I can think of that kind of tossed it around but again the SP defense held that in check.

IMO, I guess I’m like Geno...SP has seemed to just improve offensively and defensively every game! I told someone today, sometime between the Jasper and Meigs games SP as a team has just been on a mission! 
 They keep that kind of intensity up and it’s going to be hard for a team to beat them. Yes, I know who’s lurking down the road if SP beats Gordy but for now I hope SP just takes care of business Friday night then if the other Orange and Black team wins we can discuss that one! 

I will say i watched the Meigs game and the WRs let him down good balls right in their hands,they had opportunities but didnt do their job.Against us the caught EVERYTHING!

• Upvote 1

Just now, orngnblk said:

I will say i watched the Meigs game and the WRs let him down good balls right in their hands,they had opportunities but didnt do their job.Against us the caught EVERYTHING!

You are right about that. His receivers sure wasn’t helping him out that night! Again though, it was said Meigs wasn’t 100% that night! 
I just know SP defense was on him from the first play to the last! They pretty much kept him in check all night! Not knocking the young man by any means, just saying it was a bad night for Meigs that night!

12 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

That's what I was saying. Meigs and Swafford did a little bc we shut down the run. Copper Basin tried and when our starters were pulled they only had a 30% completion percentage and 2 picks. That's why I wanted to see the Red Bank game. We will be coached up. I just worry about us in space with them. We will do things they haven't seen and vice versa.

6 minutes ago, powerp said:

That's what I was saying. Meigs and Swafford did a little bc we shut down the run. Copper Basin tried and when our starters were pulled they only had a 30% completion percentage and 2 picks. That's why I wanted to see the Red Bank game. We will be coached up. I just worry about us in space with them. We will do things they haven't seen and vice versa.

Everyone wanted to see the Red Bank game happen, well except for the weather! That game would of definitely benefited us win or lose! 
 The coaches will have a plan and have our boys ready! If SP comes out like they have been with the same intensity it’s going to be a good night! I’d still like to see us play a 4 qtr game this week! Those early 35 point leads are nice but it would do our boys good to get some competition for what game could be in the waiting!