Round 3 Fairley @ Peabody

Goldenpride

3 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I did not mean for my post to come off as meaning you were looking for something in particular in General's post.

It's a general statement to anyone and everyone, that if any of us go looking for something in particular that is what we will most likely find.

I found nothing racial about.  But then again that's just me.  

Same sentiment here. After reading the comments, I felt like I had missed something obvious maybe, but when I read it again, I'm still not sure. General likes being a contrarian, but never seen anything dirty out of him.

5 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Same sentiment here. After reading the comments, I felt like I had missed something obvious maybe, but when I read it again, I'm still not sure. General likes being a contrarian, but never seen anything dirty out of him.

I try to look for the good in people.  All the time.  Maybe too much.  My thoughts are that eventually their spots will show.  If not in this lifetime then the next one.  

3 minutes ago, Havengrad04 said:

He’s definitely a baller but Fairley has a couple of other lesser known studs that have been shining lately. I’m intrigued to see how Gene does getting Fairley prepared for a team of Peabody’s caliber. On paper yes Peabody should be the favorite, but energy and getting a team to buy in and believe is something that can’t be measured on the stat sheets. He’s changing the culture at Fairley and laying the foundation for a good program if they can keep him around. It’s not a fluke that Fairley doesn’t play like the typical small Memphis team. It all stems from their coaching and his pedigree. If Fairley can minimize self inflicted wounds/penalties they’ll be fine. Their defense is what I think will win then this game. Good luck to both teams. 

Back to football. You make great points, but may not realize the caliber of coaching at Peabody... they literally have 4 excellent HS head coaches training and instructing these kids. Jacobs, Vowell, Marley, Bland. I am not familiar at all with Trenton's team or staff, yet these names are familiar to me because they have earned reputations separate from Peabody. The most incredible thing about Trenton may just be the "how on earth does a 2A team have an all star coaching staff" story.

5 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Back to football. You make great points, but may not realize the caliber of coaching at Peabody... they literally have 4 excellent HS head coaches training and instructing these kids. Jacobs, Vowell, Marley, Bland. I am not familiar at all with Trenton's team or staff, yet these names are familiar to me because they have earned reputations separate from Peabody. The most incredible thing about Trenton may just be the "how on earth does a 2A team have an all star coaching staff" story.

Jacobs Vowell Driggers Taylor. Marley is middle school coach but he helps some. I was surprised when I heard marley was going to be middle school coach. It made sense when I heard an interview they did with him. 

4 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

You’re right, I know nothing about Peabody except they are the clear favorites to repeat as champs and have been taking everybody they've played so far to the woodshed. From the clips I’ve seen and the talk on these boards; they have the athleticism and talent as a Memphis team topped with a winning program, great coaching and community support. I definitely understand why they are the favorites to win this game. Gonna be a great challenge on both sides. Of course over confident fans will underestimate  their teams opponents but I doubt that Fairley or Peabody coaches and players will. This is what playoff football is all about. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Havengrad04 said:

He’s definitely a baller but Fairley has a couple of other lesser known studs that have been shining lately. I’m intrigued to see how Gene does getting Fairley prepared for a team of Peabody’s caliber. On paper yes Peabody should be the favorite, but energy and getting a team to buy in and believe is something that can’t be measured on the stat sheets. He’s changing the culture at Fairley and laying the foundation for a good program if they can keep him around. It’s not a fluke that Fairley doesn’t play like the typical small Memphis team. It all stems from their coaching and his pedigree. If Fairley can minimize self inflicted wounds/penalties they’ll be fine. Their defense is what I think will win then this game. Good luck to both teams. 

He is a great coach you can tell. He turned the program around. 

Just now, Havengrad04 said:

You’re right, I know nothing about Peabody except they are the clear favorites to repeat as champs and have been taking everybody they've played so far to the woodshed. From the clips I’ve seen and the talk on these boards; they have the athleticism and talent as a Memphis team topped with a winning program, great coaching and community support. I definitely understand why they are the favorites to win this game. Gonna be a great challenge on both sides. Of course over confident fans will underestimate  their teams opponents but I doubt that Fairley or Peabody coaches and players will. This is what playoff football is all about. 

Great post you are right about it being a challenge on both sides. There are fans that are over confident but just like you said I doubt fairley or Peabody coaches or players will underestimate.