Round 3 Fairley @ Peabody

Goldenpride

7 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Jacobs Vowell Driggers Taylor. Marley is middle school coach but he helps some. I was surprised when I heard marley was going to be middle school coach. It made sense when I heard an interview they did with him. 

Marley is a fantastic human being who happens to have a talent for teaching the game. USJ was nuts to fire him. To have him at the level you guys do is a Godsend.

Just now, Southtowner said:

Us fans can afford to be over confident.  It's what most do.  Coaches and players can not. 

Very true it’s fun to brag about your team. Coaches and players have to prepare for a battle no matter what. The moment you expect something as a player or a coach it can bite you 

1 minute ago, tradertwo said:

Marley is a fantastic human being who happens to have a talent for teaching the game. USJ was nuts to fire him. To have him at the level you guys do is a Godsend.

I have to agree. Now this is just hearsay but I heard it was players and parents and they pushed for him to be fired. I’ve also heard the parents who put out the cash run the school 

44 minutes ago, Havengrad04 said:

He’s definitely a baller but Fairley has a couple of other lesser known studs that have been shining lately. I’m intrigued to see how Gene does getting Fairley prepared for a team of Peabody’s caliber. On paper yes Peabody should be the favorite, but energy and getting a team to buy in and believe is something that can’t be measured on the stat sheets. He’s changing the culture at Fairley and laying the foundation for a good program if they can keep him around. It’s not a fluke that Fairley doesn’t play like the typical small Memphis team. It all stems from their coaching and his pedigree. If Fairley can minimize self inflicted wounds/penalties they’ll be fine. Their defense is what I think will win then this game. Good luck to both teams. 

I’m a believer in what he is doing...

8 hours ago, Salem said:

You just posted 12 times on 3 pages trying to dredge up racist garbage. If you didn’t know what Phi Slama Jamma referred to then look it up. Don’t make it up. It’s one of the most famous sports upsets in history. 

It was a reference to an unbeatable, invincible team losing . A reference a logical person could see as a prediction of a Fairley victory this Friday. Kudos to you for playing the race card on a high school football forum. Pathetic. 

He also made a reference to the 1980 US/ Russia hockey game in the past. Must be xenophobic too. 

I really don't care how you feel about me or my sentiments.  You can believe what you want to believe.  That guy did not mean that in a positive way.  You are on the inside looking out...………..figure that one out if you can.  Oh yeah...free speech right?

10 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

I really don't care how you feel about me or my sentiments.  You can believe what you want to believe.  That guy did not mean that in a positive way.  You are on the inside looking out...………..figure that one out if you can.  Oh yeah...free speech right?

I If I offended some, I apologize but facts are facts.  So with that said I will bury this subject.  We are very proud of our coaching staff and football team. They are a class act.  I predict a 3 td win. This prediction is based on stats, common opponents, scheme, coaching, talent level, football players and all the intangibles.  Roll Tide.  

Edited by Golddoctor

1 minute ago, Golddoctor said:

I If I offended some, I apologize but facts are facts.  So with that said I will bury this subject.  We are very proud of our coaching staff and football team. They are a class act.  I predict a 3 td win. This prediction is based on stats, common opponents, scheme, coaching, talent level, football players and all the intangibles.  Roll Tide.  

If they can contain Wilkins like they did Davis last year who is also a Mr. football finalist this year it will be a larger spread I believe. They just have to wrap up and not miss tackles.