Riverside at Forrest

@38320

34 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Congrats to Riverside on a heck of a run through the playoffs thus far. As for Forrest, nothing to hang your heads on. Incredible season & any team that makes it to the quarters is a special team. Sounds like the officiating was spotty in this game. Peabody game wasn’t the best officiated either. 

I watched both games. Trenton was bad but in chapel Hill it was really bad. I’m not saying that’s  why Forrest lost because Riverside was taking it to them all night and vise versa but refs sucked!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I watched both games. Trenton was bad but in chapel Hill it was really bad. I’m not saying that’s  why Forrest lost because Riverside was taking it to them all night and vise versa but refs sucked!

What officiating do you think was bad in our game ?  The only thing that sticks out to me is the missed pass interference and them not catching the defensive players clapping 

3 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

What officiating do you think was bad in our game ?  The only thing that sticks out to me is the missed pass interference and them not catching the defensive players clapping 

The things that stuck out that was game changing was the clapping, the pass interference, and the pass Fairley made complete when the QB was 4-5 yards pass the line of scrimmage. How do you miss that one?

9 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

First of all it was the game I thought it would be both teams gave it all they had. Just going to chime in my two cents on the call.   I was standing by riverside coach when ref explainEd it. Said it was a unsportsmanlike peel baCk Block and since it was during play that's why rhs got ball back. Not saying it was right call. Never saw it or the last play. They could have got it wrong. Just giving the explanation he gave frost 

This will go down as one of the worst calls in playoff history for the two reasons listed in my first post. There were issues the entire game with spotting the football and multiple conferences with refs I will discuss later but this one call is not human error or a judgement call; it is not knowing a basic football rule about possession. It’s not acceptable for a quarterfinal playoff game in any organization. 

First it was not a penalty. The Riverside wide cover man in punt formation goes in motion and jogs toward the center of the field and when the ball is snapped he sprints at a 45 degree angle to cover.  Our corner jogs with him and legally blocks him about 5-7 yards downfield. It wasn’t a blind side and there is no way you peel back on a guy running at that angle looking at you. Yes, he blocked him hard and he went to the ground. It was perfectly legal, head across textbook block. Granted officials are not perfect and bad calls happen. That is frustrating.  But the infuriating  part is when 4 officials huddle and give the ball back to RHS. This is a total misapplication of the rule. This is incompetence not worthy of officiating a Pop Warner game. The “penalty’ happened post kick, post possession there is no way RHS keeps the ball unless we rough the long snapper, the kicker, or commit a penalty between the snap and kick. Those group of officials should never ref a high school game again. 

We had just taken the lead in the 4th quarter and got a defensive stop. Our line had gotten on a roll and the defense was wearing down. This call was a game changer. No one saw the flag thrown or laying on the ground. Our offense had run on the field and was huddling waiting on the play to come in when the possession reversal occurred. There was some confusion who was in and who was out and we didn’t even line up correctly on the next play and it cost us. It’s not the only reason for the loss but it was a factor. Our players and coaches have to handle the situation better. Defensively they have to line up and get another stop or call a timeout to regroup and some of the play calls on the last two drives were ill advised. Hats off to Riverside for the season turnaround and I love an underdog story. All the fury from our side is directed towards an officiating crew. Someone needs to review this game and 8 guys need to find something else to do on their Friday evenings in the future. There were some pathetic calls (I haven’t even mentioned some others) and it’s disgusting to see a group of kids work so hard and overcome so many injuries and the previous two season’s frustrations to have it end that way.

7 hours ago, Pantherpride45 said:

Congratulations to Riverside on advancing to the semifinals 

This was a Heavyweight match classic 3rd round game  but who ever the 4 commentators where on the live stream keep it classy guys that was embarrassing if I was y’all I would hang up the microphone and just be a fan in the stands

Where is the live stream?

• CoachT locked this topic