Riverside at Forrest

@38320

16 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Salem I have to agree with you about the refs. 

The explanation given to the Forrest coaches after the punt was that since Forrest didn’t field the punt Riverside got the ball back. If our guy would have fielded the ball then the penalty would have been enforced from that spot. He basically said the possession change doesn’t occur at the kick but when a returner possesses the ball. 

Is there a new rule I’m not aware of? If this is a monumental screw up  this crew needs to get a ban. They need to find another job/ hobby. 

1 minute ago, Salem said:

The explanation given to the Forrest coaches after the punt was that since Forrest didn’t field the punt Riverside got the ball back. If our guy would have fielded the ball then the penalty would have been enforced from that spot. He basically said the possession change doesn’t occur at the kick but when a returner possesses the ball. 

Is there a new rule I’m not aware of? If this is a monumental screw up  this crew needs to get a ban. They need to find another job/ hobby. 

I thought once the kick is away the possession changes unless it’s a muff. I think they got it wrong but I’m not 100%

3 minutes ago, Salem said:

I bet if you start a thread or do some digging somebody would know the answer. But the ref in the press box said they got it wrong!

43 minutes ago, Salem said:

First of all it was the game I thought it would be both teams gave it all they had. Just going to chime in my two cents on the call.   I was standing by riverside coach when ref explainEd it. Said it was a unsportsmanlike peel baCk Block and since it was during play that's why rhs got ball back. Not saying it was right call. Never saw it or the last play. They could have got it wrong. Just giving the explanation he gave frost 

1 minute ago, Bigpun54 said:

First of all it was the game I thought it would be both teams gave it all they had. Just going to chime in my two cents on the call.   I was standing by riverside coach when ref explainEd it. Said it was a unsportsmanlike peel baCk Block and since it was during play that's why rhs got ball back. Not saying it was right call. Never saw it or the last play. They could have got it wrong. Just giving the explanation he gave frost 

That makes sense.  I hope the Riverside/Peabody game is well officiated.

Just now, TPeabodyGT said:

I completely agree.  It’s like they pull the craziest officials to ref the playoffs.  I don’t get it. 

And to be honest, it seems if the #1 team might get upset they call the other team. That none PI call was terrible and that touchdown before half was pitiful as well, no lineman on that play went down field

Congratulations to Riverside on advancing to the semifinals 

This was a Heavyweight match classic 3rd round game  but who ever the 4 commentators where on the live stream keep it classy guys that was embarrassing if I was y’all I would hang up the microphone and just be a fan in the stands

Edited by Pantherpride45
  • Upvote 1

• CoachT locked this topic