Milan searching for a new skipper..... again.

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Yep. After his injury he was a graduate assistant at Memphis. Went to be an assistant at Mississippi College and is now a D line coach at MGCCC. He is a special person. 

Yeah, I talked to Rod at the Highland Hundred meetings once or twice when he was a Graduate Assistant. I told him that I still remembered the time his senior year that Milan came to Covington and he beat us almost single-handedly. So, was Dan Bland's son, John, coaching at Mississippi College when Rod went there? 

21 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Yeah, I talked to Rod at the Highland Hundred meetings once or twice when he was a Graduate Assistant. I told him that I still remembered the time his senior year that Milan came to Covington and he beat us almost single-handedly. So, was Dan Bland's son, John, coaching at Mississippi College when Rod went there? 

I don’t know. 

1 hour ago, riverrat said:

No sir.  I simply divided classes equally by five based on 2018 numbers accounting for new schools that played in regions this year.

New public and charter schools opening all the time.  Most appear to be small (less than 400).  If they decide to field football teams that would likely push Milan up.  All is pure speculation on my part.

Not to be argumentative, but I think that the majority of TSSAA member school openings would be larger than the current 1A/2AA classification schools... also three of the four privates that remained in the last cycle were small. Memphis (Shelby County Board Of Education) is working on a "plan" to close 7 and reopen 3, which would also remove smaller schools and add larger ones in the not too distant future. Williamson and Sumner Counties have already opened a few large.

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

No push that I know of. Should have been and should be now. He has the character, work ethic and coaching experience. Would be a no brainer. 

Might be a good time for a fan to make a call!!! I have been guilty myself... there's only one person that could just offer the job, but anyone can dangle the carrot.

15 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

His Facebook has been blown up I’m sure. 

I'm going to start a new "old saying"... the only way you get more than one shot at getting this right, is to get it wrong.

From experience, this is serious business and the administration needs to do everything in their power to make the best hire possible... it takes years to overcome a mistake.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, dhstennis said:

Sorry for the delayed response...no I have not

Extremely low teacher pay. Even if they get a huge coachmen’s my supplement the vast difference in base pay negates it. By the way. Heard a little rumor today’s out the future of your program. Can’t say on here. But when spring practice arrives look back on this post. Maybe sooner....

I told you guys this was coming midway through the season. It's not over, there will be more at the close of the school year. The administration at Milan is tanking the program intentionally. They want a big name coach, but need the boosters to foot the bill. What better way to get those checkbooks open?

By the way, what about that play calling this year? Highly suspicious.

5 hours ago, BLACKFRIDAY said:

I told you guys this was coming midway through the season. It's not over, there will be more at the close of the school year. The administration at Milan is tanking the program intentionally. They want a big name coach, but need the boosters to foot the bill. What better way to get those checkbooks open?

By the way, what about that play calling this year? Highly suspicious.

I personally find it interesting that high school football coaches are taking the same path as college football coaches... Without the comma's of course. 

Programs that are truly committed to winning can buy themselves a championship. 

Don't believe me? Ask Peabody. Haney is a football guy and the head man over there. He has rolled out the red carpet for his football coaches and it has resulted in gold balls..... 

Coaching is not everything..... It really is not... It is the ONLY thing. 

The same coaches win every single year. 

The same coaches lose every single year.

If you want to be a winner you have a winner as a coach.  Even if you have pay them....

6 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Extremely low teacher pay. Even if they get a huge coachmen’s my supplement the vast difference in base pay negates it. By the way. Heard a little rumor today’s out the future of your program. Can’t say on here. But when spring practice arrives look back on this post. Maybe sooner....

...unless you’re dropping 6 figures I really don’t see TT headed back this way