Milan searching for a new skipper..... again.

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

33 minutes ago, Booger said:

who? Wright?.....Shirley BPM dont think thats gonna happen....they just won a championship...undefeated too

Booger just sayin :roll:

Rod smith. Graduated Milan ‘04 and was mr. football. Had a career ending injury while at the university of Memphis. Was a sure nfl draft pick. He has been coaching college ever since. 

7 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Rod smith. Graduated Milan ‘04 and was mr. football. Had a career ending injury while at the university of Memphis. Was a sure nfl draft pick. He has been coaching college ever since. 

Perfect fit BPM. I thought that there would have been a community wide push to get him hired last time (there may have been) including the administration... better late than never.

11 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Go watch a Milan game from the last 2 years, it'll make complete sense then. You don't get time when you go 6-6 with the talent Milan had

I live in Milan and used to go to ALL the games, home or away.  Last year I went to 2 or 3.  I couldn't watch the mess that was going on.  This season I did not go to a single game.  I don't know coach Teddy but from everything I hear he is a good guy.  But just because you are a good guy doesn't mean that one will have success at a HC position.  Does anyone remember when Dan Bland was fired after 3 seasons?  Winning 5 or 6 games just isn't acceptable at Milan.

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

If admin is smart the phone at the football office of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College has been ringing off the hook....

Is that where Rod Smith is an assistant now? I liked him a lot when he played for Tommy West at Memphis. Tommy said he was one of the few guys to play for him as a true freshman. 

Edited by CHARGERFAN

33 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Is that where Rod Smith is an assistant now? I liked him a lot when he played for Tommy West at Memphis. Tommy said he was one of the few guys to play for him as a true freshman. 

Yep. After his injury he was a graduate assistant at Memphis. Went to be an assistant at Mississippi College and is now a D line coach at MGCCC. He is a special person. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Perfect fit BPM. I thought that there would have been a community wide push to get him hired last time (there may have been) including the administration... better late than never.

No push that I know of. Should have been and should be now. He has the character, work ethic and coaching experience. Would be a no brainer. 

23 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

When We had the old 5 class system Milan was 2A but so was Alcoa. We played each other in the last 2A title game in the old 5 class system in ‘08 with Alcoa winning 28-14. We go back to 5 classes Alcoa would be 2A as well enrollment wise. They may decide to play up based on who is projected to be in their region to save money on travel costs. 

My projections have Alcoa being the 6th smallest in 3A if we go to 5 classes.  Milan would be projected as the second largest in 2A.  These based on 2018 numbers.  You are right in that they could be in the same class when the 2020 numbers come out.  

Edited by riverrat

2 minutes ago, riverrat said:

My projections have Alcoa being the 6th smallest in 3A if we go to 5 classes.  Milan would be projected as the second largest in 2A.  These based on 2018 numbers.  You are right in that they could be in the same class when the 2020 numbers come out.  

Got a lot of respect for you as a poster and I’m sure your numbers are solid. Question is how could you possibly know what the tssaa would use as the cut off numbers for each class??  They haven’t released this info for 5 classes have they??  I may have missed something. 

10 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Got a lot of respect for you as a poster and I’m sure your numbers are solid. Question is how could you possibly know what the tssaa would use as the cut off numbers for each class??  They haven’t released this info for 5 classes have they??  I may have missed something. 

No sir.  I simply divided classes equally by five based on 2018 numbers accounting for new schools that played in regions this year.

New public and charter schools opening all the time.  Most appear to be small (less than 400).  If they decide to field football teams that would likely push Milan up.  All is pure speculation on my part.