Milan searching for a new skipper..... again.

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

8 minutes ago, Mtown38 said:

I’m not talking about  black coaches that are in predominantly black areas of the state or predominantly black schools. Those coaches probably have not experienced in racial setbacks. I’m talking about the rural west Tn Schools that rarely have black head coaches.  In these areas you have to be extraordinary to say the least. You will not get the time that other coaches or given to succeed.  The coaches you named didn’t start out winning 8,9, or 10 games the first few years as a head coach.  It takes time. 

Milan is a great program but it’s not like y’all have 3, 4 , 5 star recruits like the serious powerhouse programs have throughout the state.  Humble yourselves

Check the records of Alvin Palmer and Floyd Walker in their first 3 seasons.  Both rural (predominantly white) areas.   I actually feel they're more tolerant of slow starts  in some cases because schools don't want to get the accusations that Milan is receiving now.   I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.  

Edited by FridayMainEvent

20 minutes ago, Mtown38 said:

I’m not talking about  black coaches that are in predominantly black areas of the state or predominantly black schools. Those coaches probably have not experienced in racial setbacks. I’m talking about the rural west Tn Schools that rarely have black head coaches.  In these areas you have to be extraordinary to say the least. You will not get the time that other coaches or given to succeed.  The coaches you named didn’t start out winning 8,9, or 10 games the first few years as a head coach.  It takes time. 

Milan is a great program but it’s not like y’all have 3, 4 , 5 star recruits like the serious powerhouse programs have throughout the state.  Humble yourselves

Milan SHOULD be a great program still. You can tell they have a ton of athletes coming through their system. Starting in middle school. The middle school has had kids the size of small high school teams and backs that are lightning fast. Real athletes. But lose to a team that played together with less talent, size and speed. Still lack discipline and players in wrong positions. There were numerous times the high school team would have too many players on the field, even after a time out, and get penalized. That’s on the staff. Starting practice too soon....on the staff. Taking too long getting the play in, penalty.....on the staff. Player’s arguing back and forth....on the staff. Not having enough on kickoff...on the staff. Were there other coaches on his staff that did these things on purpose? That’s on the head coach. You can sit on the other side of the field and see things were not going smoothly.

Edited by Waker

I've not posted in years as I usually just read the boards, but I've just received information that may be important to your search. Yesterday, I was talking to a friend that coaches at Alcoa about their upcoming game. He asked me if I had heard anything about the Milan job out west. I replied that I had not and he proceeded to tell me the following. Their defensive coordinator Brian Nix's wife just received a lucrative business opportunity in Dyersburg if they were willing to uproot and move. Yesterday, he asked several of the younger coaches who aren't married if they would possibly be willing to work with him if he took a job in West Tennessee. The coach said that he never mentioned the school, but with everything that has happened, it's not difficult to put 2 + 2 together.  Now would he be willing to move? From the opportunity I've heard his wife received, it would be a no brainer. Again, I'm not one to spread rumors, this is just what was told.

13 minutes ago, ETNfootball said:

I've not posted in years as I usually just read the boards, but I've just received information that may be important to your search. Yesterday, I was talking to a friend that coaches at Alcoa about their upcoming game. He asked me if I had heard anything about the Milan job out west. I replied that I had not and he proceeded to tell me the following. Their defensive coordinator Brian Nix's wife just received a lucrative business opportunity in Dyersburg if they were willing to uproot and move. Yesterday, he asked several of the younger coaches who aren't married if they would possibly be willing to work with him if he took a job in West Tennessee. The coach said that he never mentioned the school, but with everything that has happened, it's not difficult to put 2 + 2 together.  Now would he be willing to move? From the opportunity I've heard his wife received, it would be a no brainer. Again, I'm not one to spread rumors, this is just what was told.

You haven't posted in years because this is your first post. Sneaky sneaky

14 minutes ago, ETNfootball said:

That's what I meant when I said I haven't posted in years. I signed up in 2013 and never posted because I like to just read the posts.

your statement implied that you have posted before just not in years. You should have led off with "Hi CoachT, long time reader, first time poster". That would have been a solid first post. Welcome to the club buddy.

28 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Actually.... Milan has put out several GREAT football players...

Just some recent names that I can recall... Avery Williamson (NFL), Jacob Rimmer (Duke), Christian Coleman (Kentucky) just to name a few... for a town the size of Milan, that ain't too bad.....

Yes they have had great football players, but powerhouses have numerous players offered scholarships on a yearly basis.  Too many programs in the area are more focused on wins and loses and not kids making it to the next level and succeeding in life.

16 minutes ago, Mtown38 said:

Yes they have had great football players, but powerhouses have numerous players offered scholarships on a yearly basis.  Too many programs in the area are more focused on wins and loses and not kids making it to the next level and succeeding in life.

How many 3A teams in the state are putting out kids like you're claiming they should put out....?

Edited by GCPioneer

29 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

How many 3A teams in the state are putting out kids like you're claiming they should put out....?

I was talking about powerhouses

32 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

None from your area, because of all the focus on winning football games.  It you can get a kid to improve year after year on the football field then the same improvement should show in the classroom as well as getting kids getting scholarships 

12 minutes ago, Mtown38 said:

I was talking about powerhouses

None from your area, because of all the focus on winning football games.  It you can get a kid to improve year after year on the football field then the same improvement should show in the classroom as well as getting kids getting scholarships 

How many of the 4 and 5 star recruits that you speak of does Alcoa put out yearly.... real facts, not an opinion...

Edited by GCPioneer

3 hours ago, riverrat said:

No doubt! 

The biggest difference if there are 5 classes and my point is: No privates, no Alcoa=More State Championships=Better Applicants for your job.

But if you want to play up I am sure everyone will respect you for doing so.

When We had the old 5 class system Milan was 2A but so was Alcoa. We played each other in the last 2A title game in the old 5 class system in ‘08 with Alcoa winning 28-14. We go back to 5 classes Alcoa would be 2A as well enrollment wise. They may decide to play up based on who is projected to be in their region to save money on travel costs.