Class 1A Mr. Football Finalists

cherokee23

5 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

So, so, so proud of Holden he is THE best player in 1A. Absolutely dominant wide receiver.  No one in the state can cover him 1 on 1. If he doesn't win and the fact that the TSSAA left the #1 qb in the state off the list will prove that this entire award is a joke.

Not arguing the young mans playing ability or stats...I just have two question for you!

Hypothetically speaking, if one of the mentioned finalists happens to play against one of the other finalists and (remember hypothetically speaking) not only covers him man to man but him and his team win, are you going to still believe everything in bold or will you retract that statement? 
 If GB losses to said finalist are you going to get mad and say he wasn’t deserving of the award?

Hopefully I’ll get to see this ALL STAR WR in person and see for myself if your opinion is true. I mean no disrespect to you or your opinion in anyway! I just know I heard all this hype about a certain QB and let’s just say I failed to see during 4qtrs all the hype that was spoken about him! Could of had a bad night or it could have been the defense he faced practically shut him down all night! I’ll keep my opinion about that to myself! 
 Congratulations to all nominees and especially to the final three left! Regardless of if you win or not, your athletic abilities have been recognized and that is an honor in itself!

2 hours ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Not arguing the young mans playing ability or stats...I just have two question for you!

Hypothetically speaking, if one of the mentioned finalists happens to play against one of the other finalists and (remember hypothetically speaking) not only covers him man to man but him and his team win, are you going to still believe everything in bold or will you retract that statement? 
 If GB losses to said finalist are you going to get mad and say he wasn’t deserving of the award?

Hopefully I’ll get to see this ALL STAR WR in person and see for myself if your opinion is true. I mean no disrespect to you or your opinion in anyway! I just know I heard all this hype about a certain QB and let’s just say I failed to see during 4qtrs all the hype that was spoken about him! Could of had a bad night or it could have been the defense he faced practically shut him down all night! I’ll keep my opinion about that to myself! 
 Congratulations to all nominees and especially to the final three left! Regardless of if you win or not, your athletic abilities have been recognized and that is an honor in itself!

I will say this and only this... then I’ll let BlackHelmet reply with his answer. If SP or anybody for that matter tries to guard our WR 1 on 1, you’re making a huge mistake. Whether it’s Tipton, Hubbard, Kelley, Beene.... doesn’t matter. You can’t guard him 1 on 1. You might be able take away things playing underneath and over the top but you won’t guard him 1 on 1. And Grider knows that too. That’s just a fact. Not being biased. It’s just the truth. 

Edited by cherokee23
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, team69 said:

i've seen him play....wished we had him! Ronto is a good football player too as I'm sure the other guy is. I would hate to be the one to choose. I've seen a couple of lineman who could present a fair argument for that title also. The award says Mr. Football but we all know that it's usually the guy scoring the TD's and not the guys stopping the TD's or protecting or knocking the holes to allow the TD's.

Which is why they should bring back the lineman award as well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

First in almost every category other than INT's. The next closest QB in 1A in passing yardage according to "m a x p r e p s" is Copper Basin's QB with 2202 yds.

3,340 Passing Yards 150/221 (50th in nation)

47 Pass TD's (13th in nation)

140.9 Passer Rating (10th in nation)

5 INT's

So, just doing some math on this, the Willis kid had 1300 yards receiving on 57 receptions, did any of the other GB have any other 1000 yard receivers? Also, on Willis that’s 23 yards per receptions wow 

26 minutes ago, Makinplays said:

So, just doing some math on this, the Willis kid had 1300 yards receiving on 57 receptions, did any of the other GB have any other 1000 yard receivers? Also, on Willis that’s 23 yards per receptions wow 

Stinnet thrown to 41 times caught 37 for 941 yards 11 TDs (pretty dand good too)

Ruetgerson has 775 rush and 444 receiving.Kid is a baller!

I know this is going to make some upset but it’s really not directed that way. Hypothetically.. who would have been the QB if the kid from Maryville hadn’t come? Who would have been the RB had Rutgerson not came? I just see that those two have put together some unreal stats and was curious about it. The QB has around 4000 total yards and the RB/WR has over 1000 yards. That’s a bunch of yards.