Oakland @ Maryville - Here we go again...

GoPats2019

1 hour ago, LawandOrder said:

I am a Rutherford County high school fan, I admit that I was pulling for Blackman, and predicted they would win by 14.  With  that said, I will be pulling for Oakland, but it is going to take a lot to beat Maryville on their home turf.  They will be well coached, talented, and will have the zebras on their side.

I would have to admit the last time Oakland went to Maryville there was a missed call when the QB's knee touched the ground and was totally missed which did benefit Maryville. The officials were not picked by the home team but by the TSSAA keep in mind. A lot of games can come down to a bad or no call which is human. The best thing to do for this situation is to have your order of business taken care of early on the field so that issue doesn't become the reason the game was lost at the end. No better a person than GQ when dealt this situation with Whitehaven in a championship game one year. He handled that with nothing but pure class unlike some coaches that look for an excuse. I still remember one turd hound that got on the local sports and brought up a penalty one of his linemen caused during a game with the kid standing right beside him but failed to mention his pizz poor offensive game calling that got them in that mess. I believe I would have left town and hid under a rock somewhere for a long time after that.

4 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I would have to admit the last time Oakland went to Maryville there was a missed call when the QB's knee touched the ground and was totally missed which did benefit Maryville. The officials were not picked by the home team but by the TSSAA keep in mind. A lot of games can come down to a bad or no call which is human. The best thing to do for this situation is to have your order of business taken care of early on the field so that issue doesn't become the reason the game was lost at the end. No better a person than GQ when dealt this situation with Whitehaven in a championship game one year. He handled that with nothing but pure class unlike some coaches that look for an excuse. I still remember one turd hound that got on the local sports and brought up a penalty one of his linemen caused during a game with the kid standing right beside him but failed to mention his pizz poor offensive game calling that got them in that mess. I believe I would have left town and hid under a rock somewhere for a long time after that.

If memory serves that 2017 officiating crew was from the Jackson area.  

1 hour ago, ttitan27 said:

Last game and a half Oakland has gotten into their strengths.   They will give Maryville all they want and then some.   I think Oakland gets over the hump this week and finally beats maryville on their field in a close one. 

I can definitely see this game going either way. Maryville has a tremendous home field advantage. 

6 hours ago, GoPats2019 said:

This will be the last thing I say on the matter...

My opinions on this matter have nothing to do with Oakland. So that we’re on the same page... Oakland and I are two separate entities. 

If you agree with something I said, that’s ok. If you don’t, that’s ok too. I didn’t come here for a Branch Davidian conference and to fall in line with the masses. I am looking for opinions about high school sports.

i tried to begin a conversation and was basically told I couldn’t by the clique. I can start any thread about any discussion, but if it involves a Maryville football contest, it has to be started by “*****” to be official or it’s considered  fake/phake. It sounds like middle schoolers picking on the new kid in class. 

It was my mistake thinking it was a community forum with equal permissions. There’s obviously a hierarchy here and I didn’t follow the chain of command. 

None the less, you fine folks enjoy your discussion in the “Official Thread” and I’ll observe from afar. 

I guess you deleted a post. For shame for shame for shame.

Edited by Red Rebels

2 hours ago, GoPats2019 said:

I can definitely see this game going either way. Maryville has a tremendous home field advantage. 

If the Oakland coaching staff and players have the same mindset with the whole “home field advantage” thing, they might as well stay in the boro. Overall Skill should prevail. A bunch of rednecks waiving a confederate flag should not intimidate the Patriots.  (Btw no need for political comebacks as I’m just poking fun for all the sensitive viewers) 

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

7 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

If the Oakland coaching staff and players have the same mindset with the whole “home field advantage” thing, they might as well stay in the boro. Overall Skill should prevail. A bunch of rednecks waiving a confederate flag should not intimidate the Patriots.  (Btw no need for political comebacks as I’m just poking fun for all the sensitive viewers) 

I would venture to say you'll find a lot more rednecks and rebel flags in Mt Juliet than you will in Maryville. 

32 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

You’re an ignorant person. You will not see one single Confederate battle flag at this game. Don’t try and stir up stuff by lying. Be creative, be witty, tell a bad dad joke, make a funny picture, but don’t start crap by lying. On another note:  If my team was down the road from Oakland, they would be the last team I’d pull for. Same with Maryville!