Peabody at Riverside Semi-finals

@38320

7 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

No doubt about that. I figured they would know what was coming to town on Friday night. Peabody understands who they're playing as well. Make no mistake about it, the Tide respects the heck outta the Panthers. But I like to say, respect all, fear none. Will the Trenton folk really need boots standing around the field like @vandyfan1 proclaimed?

Boots ? 

Just now, FightingBlue0 said:

No doubt about that. I figured they would know what was coming to town on Friday night. Peabody understands who they're playing as well. Make no mistake about it, the Tide respects the heck outta the Panthers. But I like to say, respect all, fear none. Will the Trenton folk really need boots standing around the field like @vandyfan1 proclaimed?

That's another reason they may not be posting. Their visitor sideline isn't great... yes I've stood in mud to watch a game there. There's no doubt that they know what type facilities the Tide have, and they (like us at Scotts Hill) don't receive funding to match that... that's why the community has been hard at work since knowing that they'll host this game. There's been gravel brought in and other improvements in order to make the visitors more comfortable. They have a nice stadium with plenty of home seating, but that probably won't be an option for y'all… I expect it to be full. Seating is being added behind the end zone and an extra gate for convenience. Maybe when they get the stadium spruced up, they'll have time to post.

6 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Unless they've done major renovations to the stadium in the last few years then yes, you will need boots to even walk to the visitor side & you might want to bring lawn chairs. Best I can remember, the visitor side has 4-5 rows of bleachers. It might hold Peabody's band. Hopefully they plan to bring in more seating. Don't use the address for the high school for directions to the stadium either. The stadium is at Decatur County Middle School with limited parking.

6 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Boots ? 

I know that Riverside has very very small seating on the visitors side of the field. I’m sure a lot of people will have to stand & it looks like all grass around the field. No concrete sidewalks, hence the possible need for some boots. Unless you just fancy muddying up some tennis shoes I reckon lol 

8762BA6A-342F-47CA-B7E6-53A6A876294C.jpeg

Edited by FightingBlue0

2 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

That's another reason they may not be posting. Their visitor sideline isn't great... yes I've stood in mud to watch a game there. There's no doubt that they know what type facilities the Tide have, and they (like us at Scotts Hill) don't receive funding to match that... that's why the community has been hard at work since knowing that they'll host this game. There's been gravel brought in and other improvements in order to make the visitors more comfortable. They have a nice stadium with plenty of home seating, but that probably won't be an option for y'all… I expect it to be full. Seating is being added behind the end zone and an extra gate for convenience. Maybe when they get the stadium spruced up, they'll have time to post.

Awesome effort by those folks for trying to accommodate the Peabody fans. Proud to see when a community like that pulls together for something of this magnitude. 

5 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

That's great to hear. I know this game is huge for their community,

4 minutes ago, dtownfan364 said:

Unless they've done major renovations to the stadium in the last few years then yes, you will need boots to even walk to the visitor side & you might want to bring lawn chairs. Best I can remember, the visitor side has 4-5 rows of bleachers. It might hold Peabody's band. Hopefully they plan to bring in more seating. Don't use the address for the high school for directions to the stadium either. The stadium is at Decatur County Middle School with limited parking.

Parking will be addressed by allowing parking at the baseball and softball fields, with both being lit up.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Sounds like a great community 

32 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

See page 21 for facility information. I didn't mention the gravel in that post, but several loads have been brought in. 

• Like 1