Peabody at Riverside Semi-finals

@38320

8 hours ago, PHSRollTide said:

@Tide21 @BigEdMo @Golddoctor @PeabodyPride @allgoodlf @FightingBlue0 @vandyfan1

correct me if I am wrong but does Peabody have the second longest win streak in the state at the moment? 

1. Oakland 26 wins

2. Peabody 21 wins

That is quite a feat. I would love to make it 23 wins in a row *fingers crossed*

While this may not have been the matchup a lot people expected before the season in the semifinals, it should definitely be an interesting matchup!  It’s the semifinals, so I think it’s kind of ridiculous that anyone expects a shutout or a blowout either.    Riverside has home field advantage too as well as a lot of momentum.   Trenton has a very good football team this year and it will be interesting to see their response after a very emotional and grueling game against Fairley, and if that game may have any lasting after effects.  Should be a good game

4 minutes ago, Archiewho said:

While this may not have been the matchup a lot people expected before the season in the semifinals, it should definitely be an interesting matchup!  It’s the semifinals, so I think it’s kind of ridiculous that anyone expects a shutout or a blowout either.    Riverside has home field advantage too as well as a lot of momentum.   Trenton has a very good football team this year and it will be interesting to see their response after a very emotional and grueling game against Fairley, and if that game may have any lasting after effects.  Should be a good game

Good post. Riverside will come at Peabody throwing haymakers I'm sure. They are a tough football team. Anybody that makes it this far is a tough team that has resiliency. I expect Riverside to give their best showing. Peabody on the other hand will come out 1 of 2 ways. They will either let last week's game continue to hang over them and show up still hungover from that victory. Or they will come in laser focused and prepared understanding that they must take no one lightly after the miracle that happened last Friday. I'm going with the latter of the two. Peabody has been in the semifinals 4 times in the past 6 years if you're including this game. They have the experience especially after playing against a potent Waverly team in last year's semis. Seems like its the battle of the known vs the unknown. How will Riverside handle the momentum swings and adversity? Same goes to Peabody. I don't think that Riverside will be able to match the speed on the field. But can Peabody match the physicality that Riverside brings? Only time will tell. 

13 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Good post. Riverside will come at Peabody throwing haymakers I'm sure. They are a tough football team. Anybody that makes it this far is a tough team that has resiliency. I expect Riverside to give their best showing. Peabody on the other hand will come out 1 of 2 ways. They will either let last week's game continue to hang over them and show up still hungover from that victory. Or they will come in laser focused and prepared understanding that they must take no one lightly after the miracle that happened last Friday. I'm going with the latter of the two. Peabody has been in the semifinals 4 times in the past 6 years if you're including this game. They have the experience especially after playing against a potent Waverly team in last year's semis. Seems like its the battle of the known vs the unknown. How will Riverside handle the momentum swings and adversity? Same goes to Peabody. I don't think that Riverside will be able to match the speed on the field. But can Peabody match the physicality that Riverside brings? Only time will tell. 

Good post, I expect the Panthers to come out and go full throttle. I’ve got to see 1 practice on my way home from work and we haven’t had a let down from the emotional game.. lots of physicality and head knocking. That’s what we need to stay focused and ready. 

1 hour ago, Archiewho said:

I will come back to this post late Friday night and comment!