Peabody at Riverside Semi-finals

@38320

5 hours ago, TPeabodyGT said:

I'm still reeling over this game tonight.  I have to do my research on Riverside.  Though it always throws me off to see @38320 posting for Riverside when all I see is the Camden zip code.  I know he teaches there, but still.   I hope for a good game but nothing like what played out tonight.   This was not typical for Peabody.  None of it matters though because we got the W.  Fairley has a long ride home to Memphis singing nananana, nananana, hey hey, goodbye to their football season.    They'll know next time to never count Peabody out no matter the 4th qtr circumstances..... and to never sing that song before the game is officially over.   Though I'll give them credit.  That's the biggest crowd out of Memphis I've ever seen at Walter Kilzer Stadium.   Memphis teams rarely have much support, but I'll give to Fairley because for once we had more than 6 people on the visitor stands for a Memphis team.    At the same time,  I know Riverside might ought to add some additional bleachers because Peabody travels big!   We bring the crowds. 

Home is where the check is. Live in Camden, and work in Parsons. Being so far from Nashville and Memphis, we feel like year in and year out these schools don't get enough press. They usually don't even report our scores on the Jackson TV station, unless we are playing Lexington. This year they reported one game where  they said we had lost when we had actually won! I think football is important to these smaller communities and I love every minute of it. 

• Upvote 1

It has been a strange season for Riverside. They have one of the best teams they have had since Frost has been here and tied for the worst record since his first year here. Before the season began I thought they would be slightly less than last years' team, but very slightly (they were 9-1 last year and went to the 3rd round, two losses all year both to Waverly). Then there were a a handful of injuries to begin the season and they stumbled out of the gate at Lewis Co. and again at Lexington. Starting out 0-2 was not in the cards. Then they go up and running and won a few, only to be upset at homecoming by the best team Houston Co. has put on the field in probably 30 years. Then they had a dress rehearsal for the playoffs in the rain at Adamsville and lost 7-0 to a decent Cardinal team. Then they spent two weeks cutting wood and handing out food and tarps to people after Decatur Co. had its worse storm in 100 years. They were out of school for two solid weeks. (Some people still didn't have any electricity after two weeks.)  After that they went to Waverly and lost the region championship to them, after holding a slight lead at the half. After the playoffs got started, you know the rest of the story. There are 20 seniors on this team, and 8 of them start. Win or lose to Peabody, they will be back next year. If you look at Frostie's playoff record, he almost always wins at least one he wasn't supposed to. This year he has won three as an underdog.  

20 minutes ago, @38320 said:

Home is where the check is. Live in Camden, and work in Parsons. Being so far from Nashville and Memphis, we feel like year in and year out these schools don't get enough press. They usually don't even report our scores on the Jackson TV station, unless we are playing Lexington. This year they reported one game where  they said we had lost when we had actually won! I think football is important to these smaller communities and I love every minute of it. 

Oh I completely understand that. Those teams along the river never got coverage.   Heck even Union City in their great years didnt get coverage other than from Western KY which most folks don’t watch or see.  Y’all aren’t the only ones, my friend. It sucks when that happens.   Small town football is where some of the best games are played.  It’s a shame some teams are ignored like that. 

I looked at Riverside's schedule and made my decision real quick. They lost to Adamsville 7-0.  Peabody obviously want see players like Fairley had rest of the way. Peabody big. If CB plays 4 TD victory. If he is out 2-3 TD victory. Peabody played worse game I seen them play in two years last night and won against a quality team. They won't play like last night again.

6 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I looked at Riverside's schedule and made my decision real quick. They lost to Adamsville 7-0.  Peabody obviously want see players like Fairley had rest of the way. Peabody big. If CB plays 4 TD victory. If he is out 2-3 TD victory. Peabody played worse game I seen them play in two years last night and won against a quality team. They won't play like last night again.

I will for sure accept your observation without oposition as you have seen is play alot !!! Agreed we layed a egg and still escaped...

Huge Congratulations to Riverside!! So glad you guys made history tonight! Way to represent your home town and Region 6! I do feel bad for Forrest kids, but it’s still a heck of a season for them! On the flip side I hope General is so miserable this morning. Hope he is curled up in his bed still whining. Serves him right in my opinion. Region 6 proves again they are tougher than Region 5. 

Congratulations to the Peabody Pride Nation on a nail biter! I truly believe the best 2 teams in the state played last night! 

As much as I would like to see Riverside make it to State, I just don’t see it happening! Peabody with the win to go to state by a few scores!

I also believe it will be a repeat of last years 2A Championship with Trousdale beating Meigs in a close one! 

Like I said! Peabody back to back State Champs in 2019! 

Good Luck to All!!!

9 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Hey man I’m not here to argue or am I? But you can’t look at Riversides schedule and say Peabody will beat them based off a schedule. That’s bull crap!!