Peabody at Riverside Semi-finals

@38320

2 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Agreed 100 percent !!! Riverside is no where near the same team they was even a month ago !!!!!

I know both of these teams very very well. Peabody will win this game BUT the panthers will fight till the end. Riverside will be in shock when the see the Tide march on the field and that is no joke. This is Great for Riverside and the town. Something to build off of. They have paid their dues and worked hard. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Huge Congratulations to Riverside!! So glad you guys made history tonight! Way to represent your home town and Region 6! I do feel bad for Forrest kids, but it’s still a heck of a season for them! On the flip side I hope General is so miserable this morning. Hope he is curled up in his bed still whining. Serves him right in my opinion. Region 6 proves again they are tougher than Region 5. 

Congratulations to the Peabody Pride Nation on a nail biter! I truly believe the best 2 teams in the state played last night! 

As much as I would like to see Riverside make it to State, I just don’t see it happening! Peabody with the win to go to state by a few scores!

I also believe it will be a repeat of last years 2A Championship with Trousdale beating Meigs in a close one! 

Like I said! Peabody back to back State Champs in 2019! 

Good Luck to All!!!

Peabody escaped last night. I don’t know if the good Lord pronounced Trenton his promise land much like he did Israel but my gosh could that not have been any more entertaining for a spectator. Peabody did not play to their best last night by any means. But I don’t think Riverside will be anywhere as talented as what Fairley was. & that’s no knock on Riverside, that’s all respect & compliments to Memphis Fairley. They were as advertised. But in order to win it all & make these deep runs you have to have that edge & that willingness to do whatever it takes & this Tide team has proved that over & over again. You can never count them out no matter what. Peabody should win this game Friday despite the showing they had last night. Riverside will be a formidable opponent but I think the two best teams left in 2A in this side of the bracket played in Trenton last night. & again, no knock on Forrest or Riverside, I just think Fairley was the real deal. Athletes all over the field & very good schematically for the most part. Their judgement on coaching at the end is what cost them that game. But I digress. Dickson is a stud by the way & glad to see the Panthers fight the way they have to this point. That’s a feat within itself. Should be a good game between these two I’m praying it will be live streamed. Also hope Baugus will be okay. I know it’s going to take something as serious as ever to keep that kid from playing. (sorry for rambling) lol 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Hey man I’m not here to argue or am I? But you can’t look at Riversides schedule and say Peabody will beat them based off a schedule. That’s bull crap!! 

They lost to a team Peabody blew out. Nobody in our district played them tough. Riverside probably a better team as the year went on but on paper Peabody is a big favorite. Let's not kid our selves. Peabody the more talented team obviously.

14 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

They lost to a team Peabody blew out. Nobody in our district played them tough. Riverside probably a better team as the year went on but on paper Peabody is a big favorite. Let's not kid our selves. Peabody the more talented team obviously.

They have made some personnel adjustments along the way and it has paid off. 

57 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I know both of these teams very very well. Peabody will win this game BUT the panthers will fight till the end. Riverside will be in shock when the see the Tide march on the field and that is no joke. This is Great for Riverside and the town. Something to build off of. They have paid their dues and worked hard. 

Why will they be in shock ? 

45 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

You can’t  go by that stuff man. If that was the case then Riverside should have laid an egg all three rounds!

30 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

They have made some personnel adjustments along the way and it has paid off. 

I will say this. Any thing can happen. The thing that hurt Peabody last night was penalties and bad snaps. They clean that up and they are almost impossible to stop with 4, 7 and 8. They need to hit teams in the mouth like the Milan performance. They will not IMO play a team with as good of skill players as last night. 4, 14, 2, 1 I can go on and on about Fairley. Really good team.