1A State Semi Finals South Pittsburg @ Greenback

orngnblk

5 minutes ago, HingleMcCringleberry said:

Just keeping it real homie idc how many athletes you got in secondary when they don’t go against passing offense all year they aren’t getting any better. SP getting pressure on qb is the key to the game. Just Keeping It real A-ARon

I don’t have anyone in the secondary kinfolk. I don’t play and not from SP. I agree with all that. Same goes when you don’t play big time running teams. I like SP defense better than Greenbacks though regardless. I’m just keeping it real

Other than athletes on the field it's like comparing apples to oranges this game. A pass heavy team vs a run heavy team. Can GB qb pick SP decent secondary apart? Can SP rbs find the holes and wear the defence down. Is each team gonna play to their potential? Are both d and o lines gonna show for both teams? Are the refs gonna let the boys play ball? Is the weather gonna be good? There are so many factors on a game of this type. GB has home field advantage which makes me want to give them the edge but deep down i.want to say SP can pull it off. I personally have never liked playing a pass heavy team. I still don't but I really like our d line. Another big huge factor is what happened last night that some of you already know. I would love to hear any updates if anyone knows. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spfan2011 said:

Other than athletes on the field it's like comparing apples to oranges this game. A pass heavy team vs a run heavy team. Can GB qb pick SP decent secondary apart? Can SP rbs find the holes and wear the defence down. Is each team gonna play to their potential? Are both d and o lines gonna show for both teams? Are the refs gonna let the boys play ball? Is the weather gonna be good? There are so many factors on a game of this type. GB has home field advantage which makes me want to give them the edge but deep down i.want to say SP can pull it off. I personally have never liked playing a pass heavy team. I still don't but I really like our d line. Another big huge factor is what happened last night that some of you already know. I would love to hear any updates if anyone knows. 

Good post! A lot of scenarios takes place in a football game. That’s why we line up and play the game. I hope the young man gets to play. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Nah you got it twisted kinfolk. Been reading all year just haven’t said much. Y’all all do enough talking for all of us. I don’t play games on here. Y’all might not be as annoying as Dillard or as dumb as Old Pirate but y’alls statements and delusional views about your team are more skewed than any team on these threads. SP fans and Meigs fans are both bad too but y’all take the “Homer” award for 2019. Without your QB that has thrown 4,000 yards your team just isn’t great. You have no run game and your defense plays like a little league team. I’ve witnessed your Safety up at line of scrimmage about every game. I was also at the Loudon game and when 23 had even sized athletes matched up on him he looked average to me. He is just so much better than every other 1A DB it’s not even funny. I am not a fan of all that showboating and to most casual fans ya boy comes across as cocky. Every team y’all have played says same thing.  I do find it comical that y’all think without Carnes you would be good. Carnes to ya boy is YOUR team. Can’t have one without the other. It starts and ends with the QB. I just think SP has a better team.  I could be wrong but I honestly didn’t think that at beginning of year and my past post would also show that. I’m just keeping it real 

Try again

+1

7 hours ago, CoachT said:
Previous Meetings Since 2001
Date Result
Nov. 24, 2017 icon-game12.gif at Greenback 31 South Pittsburg 21
Nov. 25, 2016 icon-game12.gif at South Pittsburg 27 Greenback 42
Nov. 11, 2011 icon-game12.gif at Greenback 17 South Pittsburg 28
Aug. 18, 2006 icon-game12.gif at Greenback 14 South Pittsburg 62
Aug. 19, 2005 icon-game12.gif at South Pittsburg 20 Greenback 16

Oct 2, 1998   at Greenback 30   South Pittsburg 77                     

Oct 4, 1997   at South Pittsburg 43   Greenback 12                     

Oct. 11, 1996   at Greenback 12   South Pittsburg 14                    

Oct. 6, 1995   at South Pittsburg 49   Greenback 12                     

Sept. 23, 1994   at Greenback 14   South Pittsburg 31                     

Sept. 24, 1993   at South Pittsburg 27   Greenback 7                     

Nov. 13, 1992   at Greenback 42   South Pittsburg 12                     

Nov. 15, 1991   at Greenback 35   South Pittsburg 8                     

Nov. 9, 1990   at South Pittsburg 7   Greenback 16                       

Nov. 8, 1985   at South Pittsburg 48   Greeback 12                     

40 minutes ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

This should be a real good game. SP has only played one team in Greenback’s class (Meigs) while Greenback has played two teams in SP’s class (Loudon and Meigs.) No doubt that this is two of the four best teams in 1A. It seems like a few years ago there was some discussion that we weren’t as good as their quarterfinal opponent. I don’t think that’s the case in this one. 

You got that right!

You are right about that one. Those were the days. SP had some teams in the mid and late 90’s that were so fast. I also have to throw in the 2007 SP team. They were a once in a lifetime type team. They were like a 2015 NCS or 2016 Dresden type teams. Unfortunately we don’t get to see those types of teams very often. 

• Like 1