1A State Semi Finals South Pittsburg @ Greenback

orngnblk

Well I just noticed there is two different pages for this game so I will say hi to you as well. I ope you have had a good start to Turkey week. This will be my first ever South Pittsburg and Greenback game. I have heard when these teams play its usually a great ball game. I came to Greenback early in the season but I guess since SP wasn't the opponent it don't count.  It was a nice night, but I believe this one will take the cake. We stood in that far end zone around some trucks away from your scoreboard last time but Roy is wanting to be near the sideline fence Friday.  Also guys, Roy is my friend and he is truly a nice man ,but he's on his own if trouble starts. I'm no spring chicken anymore and I know my place. 

Good gracious what a bunch of mess!  I have spent two days trying to catch up on this thread.  Greenback has become a very familiar foe for the Pirates in the last 4 years.  When I played in the 90s, Greenback had our number.  My senior year was the first time we beat them in 3 tries.  Much respect for this fan base and this team. 

If SP does not give up the big lead last year, the Pirates and Cherokees would have squared off for the right to represent the east for 2018.  This is a match up both teams/fan bases knew was coming since the start of the season.  Both have solid teams but the QB and #23 for the Cherokees pose a huge challenge.  If Greenback was a primarily running team, I would like the Pirates chances.  A good passing game in 1A is hard to stop...most teams just do not have enough solid players to cover the receivers.  I do not see the Pirates stopping the human highlight...he will get his touches and probably score a couple touchdowns.  I just hope the Pirates can outscore them and get a few breaks in this game.  Regardless, it should be a good one to watch and I am jacked up and ready to be sitting on the vistors side around 12:00 Friday...LOL.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

Just a heads up but SP has one of their finest causing a ruckus. She did it at SP earlier this year over the same issue. She eventually got her point across. It was said the state got involved and other associations. I suspect she will be on this horse again now. Smh

2 hours ago, muskox said:

What's going on now lol 

1 hour ago, cherokee23 said:

Started it with you??

So basically this lady has someone that is handicap. They came in and made us do renovations at Beene Stadium and at the school to accommodate handicap folks a few weeks back. I was told it wasn’t up to code. Well you know if Beene Stadium isn’t up to code then Greenback sure isn’t. The made all kinds of new parking, poured concrete ramps and lowered railing around the stadium. We weren’t going to be able to play our home game that Friday night until it happened.  She apparently called Greenback about handicap accessibility and was given a simar answer to what she got at SP. Then called the TSSAA about not having handicap accessibility. The answer she got was that the school would have to call and report that and then they would support moving it to a neutral location.  She starts spouting off all the laws and things that I don’t know anything about but technically she’s right. Long story short the SP admin (Coach Grider) won’t make the call to force that issue. I’m not downing handicap folks at all I’m just saying it would have had to come from a higher up and our admin doesn’t play those games. Regardless of what some folks think SP tries to run a pretty classy school and program. That’s it in a nutshell so when people take a shot at Coach Grider they might should consider everything. 

15 minutes ago, UncleDave said:

Good gracious what a bunch of mess!  I have spent two days trying to catch up on this thread.  Greenback has become a very familiar foe for the Pirates in the last 4 years.  When I played in the 90s, Greenback had our number.  My senior year was the first time we beat them in 3 tries.  Much respect for this fan base and this team. 

If SP does not give up the big lead last year, the Pirates and Cherokees would have squared off for the right to represent the east for 2018.  This is a match up both teams/fan bases knew was coming since the start of the season.  Both have solid teams but the QB and #23 for the Cherokees pose a huge challenge.  If Greenback was a primarily running team, I would like the Pirates chances.  A good passing game in 1A is hard to stop...most teams just do not have enough solid players to cover the receivers.  I do not see the Pirates stopping the human highlight...he will get his touches and probably score a couple touchdowns.  I just hope the Pirates can outscore them and get a few breaks in this game.  Regardless, it should be a good one to watch and I am jacked up and ready to be sitting on the vistors side around 12:00 Friday...LOL.

Good post Uncle Dave. I am glad to be back now where I can go to a lot more games than I use to. I use to go all the time and post on here years ago. It’s good to be back local again to say the least and feel the football fever again. I saw Greenback play and agree with you. I’m not dumb enough to say we’re going to win but I will say I am hoping to win. 

HEEELLLOOOOOO!!!! HHHHHHEEEEELLLLLOOOOOOO!!!! HHHHHHHEEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOO!!!

ITS TIME!!! ONE TIME!! ONE MORE TIME!! THIS IS THE WEEK WE HAVE BEEN WAITING ON BOYS!!! WE HAD IT THERE LAST YEAR AND DIDNT FINISH THE JOB WITH 2 MINUTES LEFT IN ROUND 3. HEEELLLLLOOOOOO!!!! YOU GOTTA GET YOUR MIND RIGHT!!! THIS IS THE WEEK WE STARTED WORKING FOR BACK IN JANUARY!! YOU GOTTA GET YOUR MIND RIGHT!!!! YOU GOTTA GET YOUR MIND RIGHT!!! THIS GAME IS TO PLAY FOR WHAT WE ARE ACCUSTOMED TO PLAYING FOR!!  COME OUT TODAY AND FOCUS!! MAKE THEM REMEMBER THE NIGHT THE 2019 PIRATES CAME TO TOWN! IT STARTS TODAY!!! THIS IS IT BOYS!!! ONE MORE TIME!! ONE TIME!! HEELLLOOOO!!! HIT SOMEBODY!!!

2 hours ago, piratetom said:

Thanks man, we really appreciate that. Also, my brother will be having surgery in Nashville on Wednesday and will most likely not get out until Thursday (Thanksgiving) evening sometime. As long as everything goes smooth, he is coming to the game Friday. With that said, who could we maybe get permission from to park down behind the visitor bleachers to save him a long walk from the parking lot. Back in 2017 we got there so early we just went right on in and parked back there but eventually had to move the vehicle. Do you know if this is possible or not?

I pay to park there. I dont mind coming out the gate and picking someone up if need be.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, muskox said:

Not really supposed to park there unless u have a pass. But I'm sure they will let u drive him in to let him out. If not contact any of us and he can ride in with us. Only if he wears a greenback shirt lol 

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Im on it!

13 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I pay to park there. I dont mind coming out the gate and picking someone up if need be.

We can gripe about one thing, pick on another, or go completely bat crap crazy over things that don't amount to a hill of beans in the end.  But the fact is that there are good people that do good things for others on both sides.  The above is proof of that.  Thanks to the Greenback fans that are willing to help out a Pirate supporter.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Eraser said:

HEEELLLOOOOOO!!!! HHHHHHEEEEELLLLLOOOOOOO!!!! HHHHHHHEEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOO!!!

ITS TIME!!! ONE TIME!! ONE MORE TIME!! THIS IS THE WEEK WE HAVE BEEN WAITING ON BOYS!!! WE HAD IT THERE LAST YEAR AND DIDNT FINISH THE JOB WITH 2 MINUTES LEFT IN ROUND 3. HEEELLLLLOOOOOO!!!! YOU GOTTA GET YOUR MIND RIGHT!!! THIS IS THE WEEK WE STARTED WORKING FOR BACK IN JANUARY!! YOU GOTTA GET YOUR MIND RIGHT!!!! YOU GOTTA GET YOUR MIND RIGHT!!! THIS GAME IS TO PLAY FOR WHAT WE ARE ACCUSTOMED TO PLAYING FOR!!  COME OUT TODAY AND FOCUS!! MAKE THEM REMEMBER THE NIGHT THE 2019 PIRATES CAME TO TOWN! IT STARTS TODAY!!! THIS IS IT BOYS!!! ONE MORE TIME!! ONE TIME!! HEELLLOOOO!!! HIT SOMEBODY!!!

ric flair GIF