1A State Semi Finals South Pittsburg @ Greenback

orngnblk

44 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

We can gripe about one thing, pick on another, or go completely bat crap crazy over things that don't amount to a hill of beans in the end.  But the fact is that there are good people that do good things for others on both sides.  The above is proof of that.  Thanks to the Greenback fans that are willing to help out a Pirate supporter.

Your exactly right sailor, one of the GB posters you mentioned has offered to help out a couple of SP fans when It came to seating and offered up his truck to help! I won’t call him out but his help is greatly appreciated and will not go unnoticed! Just sayin orngnblk could be getting a new hat or shirt come Friday...:thumb:

2 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

So basically this lady has someone that is handicap. They came in and made us do renovations at Beene Stadium and at the school to accommodate handicap folks a few weeks back. I was told it wasn’t up to code. Well you know if Beene Stadium isn’t up to code then Greenback sure isn’t. The made all kinds of new parking, poured concrete ramps and lowered railing around the stadium. We weren’t going to be able to play our home game that Friday night until it happened.  She apparently called Greenback about handicap accessibility and was given a simar answer to what she got at SP. Then called the TSSAA about not having handicap accessibility. The answer she got was that the school would have to call and report that and then they would support moving it to a neutral location.  She starts spouting off all the laws and things that I don’t know anything about but technically she’s right. Long story short the SP admin (Coach Grider) won’t make the call to force that issue. I’m not downing handicap folks at all I’m just saying it would have had to come from a higher up and our admin doesn’t play those games. Regardless of what some folks think SP tries to run a pretty classy school and program. That’s it in a nutshell so when people take a shot at Coach Grider they might should consider everything. 

Is that why the handicap area has a blue stripe on it now?  I just noticed that this past Friday night.

2 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

So basically this lady has someone that is handicap. They came in and made us do renovations at Beene Stadium and at the school to accommodate handicap folks a few weeks back. I was told it wasn’t up to code. Well you know if Beene Stadium isn’t up to code then Greenback sure isn’t. The made all kinds of new parking, poured concrete ramps and lowered railing around the stadium. We weren’t going to be able to play our home game that Friday night until it happened.  She apparently called Greenback about handicap accessibility and was given a simar answer to what she got at SP. Then called the TSSAA about not having handicap accessibility. The answer she got was that the school would have to call and report that and then they would support moving it to a neutral location.  She starts spouting off all the laws and things that I don’t know anything about but technically she’s right. Long story short the SP admin (Coach Grider) won’t make the call to force that issue. I’m not downing handicap folks at all I’m just saying it would have had to come from a higher up and our admin doesn’t play those games. Regardless of what some folks think SP tries to run a pretty classy school and program. That’s it in a nutshell so when people take a shot at Coach Grider they might should consider everything. 

Guys when we built the new field house we put in Handicap accessible parking at the scoreboard endzone we dont have alot and its spoken for but the law says accessible and it is.

1 hour ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Your exactly right sailor, one of the GB posters you mentioned has offered to help out a couple of SP fans when It came to seating and offered up his truck to help! I won’t call him out but his help is greatly appreciated and will not go unnoticed! Just sayin orngnblk could be getting a new hat or shirt come Friday...:thumb:

All these guys on here are as good as gold!They would do anything for anyone in need.That is why Greenback is Greenback!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, UncleDave said:

Good gracious what a bunch of mess!  I have spent two days trying to catch up on this thread.  Greenback has become a very familiar foe for the Pirates in the last 4 years.  When I played in the 90s, Greenback had our number.  My senior year was the first time we beat them in 3 tries.  Much respect for this fan base and this team. 

If SP does not give up the big lead last year, the Pirates and Cherokees would have squared off for the right to represent the east for 2018.  This is a match up both teams/fan bases knew was coming since the start of the season.  Both have solid teams but the QB and #23 for the Cherokees pose a huge challenge.  If Greenback was a primarily running team, I would like the Pirates chances.  A good passing game in 1A is hard to stop...most teams just do not have enough solid players to cover the receivers.  I do not see the Pirates stopping the human highlight...he will get his touches and probably score a couple touchdowns.  I just hope the Pirates can outscore them and get a few breaks in this game.  Regardless, it should be a good one to watch and I am jacked up and ready to be sitting on the vistors side around 12:00 Friday...LOL.

I think we all may be in for a heck of a game!

3 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

I don't have a dog in the hunt. However, the TSSAA will be the least of everyone's problems if she wants to push it.

4 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I pay to park there. I dont mind coming out the gate and picking someone up if need be.

Thanks bud. That is an outstanding gesture for Pirate Mike. I just hope he gets to make the game. Best wishes to both teams and hope it lives up to the hype. Much respect for both programs. 

7 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

Another fine example of a solid Greenback fan. As an outsider I like this. Y’all take care of Mike and Tom. They some fine folk. 

My mom and dad park at the ends zone away from the scoreboard. They don’t have a pass but my dad is disabled and the school lets them park there. They set in there truck and can see fine. Might be able to park over there.