1A State Championship Lake County vs Greenback

orngnblk

2 hours ago, Gbnation said:

We still sent you to the house and no one on your team could cover him so git. I would ride some else shirt tale to if I were you. You can’t get it done so let’s cheer for a team who did lol. Poor little feller  maybe next year. 

We....what # was you? Old Pirate thought sure you was Daddy Willis/Wantabe Coach Willis/ Orchestrator Willis! 

Dad Burnit, jest like you GB fellers to ignore TSSAA rules again. 

15 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

LRDAO...a decoy? Are you joking? No wonder you and junior was throwing that Ryan man under the bus for his play calling.  You telling me you use Mr Football as just a decoy in the championship game? Get out of here with your mess.  If the skillet slinger found out about this mess she would sure enough make some personnel changes.  You think im joking but im not. 

RD, GBnation done got lost in his  Smoke & Mirrors! Or else that Skillet Slinger done and rang him up, cause he’s spewing a HEEP of mess. OP says Pujo man needs to start a Late Night Sunday Revival. Decoy.........Holy Orchestrator, figure RD, OP goin to have ask Jimmy Swaggart to add him to his prayer list. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Holden Willis, like many other East Tennessee natives, grew up spending most of his fall Saturdays watching Tennessee football.

“Right in front of the TV every game day,” he said.

The three-star Class of 2020 wide receiver from Greenback (Tenn.) School might feel the need to pinch himself at times these days. He’s now being recruiting by several college programs, a handful of which have given him scholarship offers.

The 6-foot-4, 205-pound Holden, who won Tennessee’s Class 1A Mr. Football Award last week, now might even have a chance to play for the team he grew up watching.

He received a preferred walk-on offer from Tennessee on Nov. 30 during his unofficial visit for the Vols‘ regular-season finale against Vanderbilt.

“It’s a blessing,” said Willis, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 1,901 overall prospect and No. 246 wide receiver in the 2020 class. “I mean, it’s an honor just to be able to be in the position that I’m in — especially, I mean, dream school. You have a lot of people that dream of that.

“Even being able to meet (Tennessee wide receiver) Jauan Jennings in the locker room like I did — I mean, that’s just crazy.”

Willis attended Tennessee‘s spring game in April. He said he returned in June for one of the Vols‘ camps, “and we came out of there happy with what happened.”

Things slowed down between Willis and Tennessee earlier this season. But the Vols recently reached back out to him.

“And I get a text from them, and they’re wanting me to come back to a game,” he said. “(Offensive coordinator Jim) Chaney wanted me to get down there and visit them and talk to them, and we walked out of there happy about that, too.

“We’re just waiting to see what else is going to come out of that.”

For now, that’s only a chance to be a preferred walk-on for them. But he said there’s at least a chance that could turn into a scholarship offer closer to National Signing Day, depending on what happens with Tennessee’s recruiting class.

“We were talking to the recruiting coach, (assistant director of player personnel) Danny Stiff, and he was just walking us through it all and how it all weighs down,” Willis said. “And he told me they like me as a preferred walk-on and they want me, but they just don’t have that spot yet.

“He told me that (waiting to sign on) the late signing day was good, and then there could be more to come. We just have to wait and see. ... I mean, it could go either way. We’re just hoping for the best for us.

“Whatever happens, it’s in God’s hands.”

Willis said the Vols have let him know they like “my physicality” and “the toughness and the length” he could give them at wide receiver.

“I’ve got a pretty big wingspan,” said Willis, who set a state record this season with 24 touchdown receptions while also piling up more than 1,300 receiving yards. “I’m kind of tall, so it’ll help going over different (defensive backs).”

They already have started to make plans for him to take an official visit to Knoxville.

“I will be going back on an official in January sometime,” Willis said. “I’m going to sit down with them and talk it out.”

Mississippi State also is showing “quite a bit” of interest in Willis, he said, and Virginia Tech is “talking to me a lot.” He has received scholarship offers from Massachusetts, Georgetown, Austin Peay, Indiana State and Jacksonville State.

If he ends up having to choose between a scholarship offer at another school and the chance to be a preferred walk-on at Tennessee, he said he’s not sure what he might do.

He still has time to figure that out.

“We’ve talked about it a little bit,” Willis said. “I mean, it’s kind of tough because we don’t know the exact situation. There’s so much that could happen between now and February. But we’ve mentioned it a lot, and we’ll stay in contact with them and we’ll see how that all plays out.”

From 247 Sports. Hope he is a Vol in the end.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

You used Mr. Football as a decoy? That’s not to smart. If that’s the case then coach might have questions to answer.

I knew they would say that. The fact is he got shut down. They just cannot admit the truth. LC had a great plan for him and it worked. Decoy yeah right. You lost to a much better team that shut down your best weapon. Just admit the truth and move on. Willis is a great player but Malachi shut him completely down. Don't try and diminish what a job Malachi done on him. 

Edited by lakecounty1968

Just now, lakecounty1968 said:

I knew they would say that. The fact is he got shut down. They just cannot admit the truth. LC had a great plan for him and it worked. Decoy yeah right. You lost to a much better team that shut down your best weapon. Just admit the truth and move on. 

If that were the case,they better be hunting a new Coach. I ain't kidding either.

10 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I knew they would say that. The fact is he got shut down. They just cannot admit the truth. LC had a great plan for him and it worked. Decoy yeah right. You lost to a much better team that shut down your best weapon. Just admit the truth and move on. Willis is a great player but Malachi shut him completely down. Don't try and diminish what a job Malachi done on him. 

That’s the game I watched as well. SP tried to do that to him but we didn’t have the size that LC had to match up. 

5 minutes ago, pujo said:

If that were the case,they better be hunting a new Coach. I ain't kidding either.

He’s a great player no doubt about it but a decoy? He would be the first Mr. Football in history to be used as a decoy all game. This is 1A football. People can’t afford to use their best players as decoys. 

• CoachT locked this topic