Who will be new coach at Shelbyville??

District12AA

10 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Shad has been successful every other place he's been.   It will be a battle for anyone to win with open zoning in Blount County and Maryville, Alcoa, and Greenback to compete with for players.

Shadroach has been trying to unload him on anything or anyone without much success. 

3 hours ago, WickedTuna1 said:

Anyone hear anything else about this job? If it really was Shadowens, it’s be a great hire in my opinion. 

Palmer at Whitwell would also be very interesting. 

Not happening. He is going to go to Summit and restore his image.

39 minutes ago, ecu said:

Not happening. He is going to go to Summit and restore his image.

Really? Now, that’s very interesting. Palmer melding his offense with those two twins. They’d put on a show out there together for sure I’d imagine. How does that work with the dynamics of that coaching staff though? A wing-t guy through and through, turning his offense over to a spread/more modern offensive minded guy? 

I would think he could restore his image well at a place like Whitwell too. A small school, with a tight knit town that supports it. A guy like that could go to a smaller version of Shelbyville and build it up for a few years. That would show people he’s growing and improving too. Plus, he’s the man in charge. Not working under someone else. That’s just one random guys opinion though. 

3 hours ago, WickedTuna1 said:

Really? Now, that’s very interesting. Palmer melding his offense with those two twins. They’d put on a show out there together for sure I’d imagine. How does that work with the dynamics of that coaching staff though? A wing-t guy through and through, turning his offense over to a spread/more modern offensive minded guy? 

I would think he could restore his image well at a place like Whitwell too. A small school, with a tight knit town that supports it. A guy like that could go to a smaller version of Shelbyville and build it up for a few years. That would show people he’s growing and improving too. Plus, he’s the man in charge. Not working under someone else. That’s just one random guys opinion though. 

Can Whitwell give him 150k like Shelbyville was going to do?

11 hours ago, ecu said:

Can Whitwell give him 150k like Shelbyville was going to do?

No public school in this state can or would  pay anywhere close to that.... I would guess 80 being the top with a master's and many years experience. Booster money or not 150 is unheard of anywhere in this state unless it's a private. Shelbyville paying 150 is not even within 50 grand of reality.

20 minutes ago, 422PT said:

No public school in this state can or would  pay anywhere close to that.... I would guess 80 being the top with a master's and many years experience. Booster money or not 150 is unheard of anywhere in this state unless it's a private. Shelbyville paying 150 is not even within 50 grand of reality.

Local businesses (Trane I believe) was chipping in the 50k and  calling it (speaking engagements) in order to get around state law.  The owners of the business lives what Palmer was doing with the program.  With that being said there is no guarantee that those businesses would give the same to a new coach.

6 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Local businesses (Trane I believe) was chipping in the 50k and  calling it (speaking engagements) in order to get around state law.  The owners of the business lives what Palmer was doing with the program.  With that being said there is no guarantee that those businesses would give the same to a new coach.

Still the teacher pay and coaching supplement is only totaling 60k max so even if they actually gave that much you would be at 110.... I think the general public assumes that coaches make a whole lot more money than is actually paid..

It's pretty sorry pay for the mass amount of hours and work that goes into it, especially when you consider the social and success expectations and compare the money to what most college educated professionals in the business world make for working MUCH less hours........and when was the last time a business exec got fired for making a mistake that had absolutely nothing to do with the job? 

10 minutes ago, 422PT said:

Still the teacher pay and coaching supplement is only totaling 60k max so even if they actually gave that much you would be at 110.... I think the general public assumes that coaches make a whole lot more money than is actually paid..

It's pretty sorry pay for the mass amount of hours and work that goes into it, especially when you consider the social and success expectations and compare the money to what most college educated professionals in the business world make for working MUCH less hours........and when was the last time a business exec got fired for making a mistake that had absolutely nothing to do with the job? 

"Absolutely nothing to do with the job"? That would not apply to this situation whatsoever. Several things that were happening had everything to do with the job. Don't automatically believe the spin.