Region 7AA

sportslover88

1 hour ago, SportsWestTN said:

I think the higher seeds will sweep. I don't see any of the lower seeds being able to matchup with the talent of the higher seeds. Anything can happen, but I certainly wouldn't count on an upset.

The chester and dyerburg game i think could go either way. Dyersburg has great defense but struggle to score at times and Howard can not get in foul trouble. Chester has a good zone defense and 3 kids that can score on given nights, but they turn it over a lot. This is the only game i think that has a chance of the lower seed winning. JUST MY OPINION!

9 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

At times looked more like roller derby than basketball. Amazing how much body contact officials are allowing. Teams need a good weight program. Otherwise a great game that both teams fought like heck to win. Sure got my money's worth.

Yes refs let them play for sure. These two teams flat get after it when they play each other

14 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

West TN has allowed a lot of contact this year for sure. They won’t give them that contact in Murfreesboro. I talked to some officials while doing our Thanksgiving Tournament and they said if you call games in the state they are instructed to call a foul if it is a foul, no matter how big or small. Loretto and Gibson County both had intentional fouls called on them in the championship game last year. Different world up there.

I also heard from refs that at the state tournament refs are instructed to call charge moreso than block no matter what. I wonder what refs from this area goes this year. Saw some of who I would call the worse officials in the area up there the last few yrs

7 minutes ago, RealisticFan45 said:

I also heard from refs that at the state tournament refs are instructed to call charge moreso than block no matter what. I wonder what refs from this area goes this year. Saw some of who I would call the worse officials in the area up there the last few yrs

Don’t know who goes but the guy I talked is a good ref who reffed at state last year. Your right about the charges. We had our share of charges called for us last year. GC did well up there IMO because they are taught how to play defense without fouling. We didn’t foul much and created a lot of fouls by attacking. Ref also told me we don’t invent fouls to even them up. He said if you foul you foul. What ever the foul count is is what it is.

6 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Don’t know who goes but the guy I talked is a good ref who reffed at state last year. Your right about the charges. We had our share of charges called for us last year. GC did well up there IMO because they are taught how to play defense without fouling. We didn’t foul much and created a lot of fouls by attacking. Ref also told me we don’t invent fouls to even them up. He said if you foul you foul. What ever the foul count is is what it is.

That last part is a lie! They say that but if it 7 fouls to 3 fouls be ready for at least 3 fouls quick. It’s been that way for a while now. I also had a ref tell me if someone hits the floor it is a foul. I totally disagree! If they hit the ground & they tripped or just had 2 left feet how is that a foul on me. Or the most famous now these kids flop like Marcus Smart in the NBA smh it’s embarrassing! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

That last part is a lie! They say that but if it 7 fouls to 3 fouls be ready for at least 3 fouls quick. It’s been that way for a while now. I also had a ref tell me if someone hits the floor it is a foul. I totally disagree! If they hit the ground & they tripped or just had 2 left feet how is that a foul on me. Or the most famous now these kids flop like Marcus Smart in the NBA smh it’s embarrassing! 

I agree that could be ref talk too. But they all said we were privileged last year and the teams we played had larger foul numbers than us and they all complained about it. But we had some defensive ballers that wouldn’t foul.

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

I agree that could be ref talk too. But they all said we were privileged last year and the teams we played had larger foul numbers than us and they all complained about it. But we had some defensive ballers that wouldn’t foul.

I am waiting on y’all rematch with Loretto! Yalls whole team is tough & Loretto’ s sophomore Weather is tough as a nail. I don’t see y’all losing to anybody! 

17 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

At times looked more like roller derby than basketball. Amazing how much body contact officials are allowing. Teams need a good weight program. Otherwise a great game that both teams fought like heck to win. Sure got my money's worth.

If you think that was a lot, you haven't watched our district much this season.