SS vs Westview

Jokur

10 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

Sounded like a fast paced, up and down, very physical game. SS should win their district next year comfortably with the team and the injured coming back. 

Everyone returning plus 3 returning from injuries. At least 1 top 8th grader! Look out if and hopefully we do stay healthy all year! We will be deep! 

Congrats to Westview on a good win and congrats to South Side as well. Took a bunch of young girls a long way when things weren’t looking so bright. One of the best coaching jobs in our area rallying your troops. Westview  is playing lights out right now and is my pick to win it all in AA. 

2 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

#10 for Westview is Jada Harrison and is a freshman. She is going to be fun to watch the next three years!

Probably going to be a Miss Basketball finalist before her Senior year. She has all the tools... beat the South Side press without a problem, awesome form on her shot, and an assist machine with penetration, draw, and dish. #15 is underrated too... steady.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Probably going to be a Miss Basketball finalist before her Senior year. She has all the tools... beat the South Side press without a problem, awesome form on her shot, and an assist machine with penetration, draw, and dish. #15 is underrated too... steady.

Jada had an argument to be up for it this year... My guess is she will be on there for the next 3 years and will likely win it multiple times.

Edited by GCPioneer

1 minute ago, GCPioneer said:

Jada had an argument to be up for it this year... she has better stats the two of the other Miss Basketball finalist this year. My guess is she will be on there for the next 3 years and will likely win it multiple times.

In my opinion, she single handedly doomed the Hawks early. Their impressive pressure was broken without much effort, and that's where SS lives and dies... put them in a half court offense and they are average. Westview didn't even have to apply their own full court defense, and the old adage is that pressing teams don't like to be pressed.

13 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

Coach McNeal did a great job considering the loss of Sharnecce earlier this season to go along with losing Q, Transou, and others off of last year’s squad. I know losing sucks, but that was a pretty good job of coaching them up.

We came into this year knowing that our guard play will be our weakness! We lost 3200 points with Miller & Transou graduating! It showed last night! We looked horrible! We had no fight! We had no leadership! We had no get up in us and that’s not the South Side! We will reload next year! I will be looking forward to playing Westview at full strength!