Who wins AA in 2020-21, and why?

tssaafan

7 hours ago, repoman said:

Calm down Lady Cav you aint king of the county just yet,its coming, just be patient maybe couple years away.

I didn’t say that.  I said it would be a great game this year.  I know how good Upperman is.   But Cookeville has the guards to eliminate the press advantage and would make it a very good game.  And the next 2 years for Cookeville will be special.  I have been saying that for a couple years now.  But if they won’t play us this year,  I know they won’t play us the next two! 

Just now, LadyCavsFan said:

I didn’t say that.  I said it would be a great game this year.  I know how good Upperman is.   But Cookeville has the guards to eliminate the press advantage and would make it a very good game.  And the next 2 years for Cookeville will be special.  I have been saying that for a couple years now.  But if they won’t play us this year,  I know they won’t play us the next two! 

Understand your confidence, however you are 1-2 against 8 AA and would be battling to finish 3 or 4th in the 8AA district,  Cookeville guards are 1-3 steps slow, speed kills.

On 1/28/2021 at 6:30 PM, LadyCavsFan said:

Maybe 4 or so years ago....the past couple years would have been great games.  This year would be an amazing game.  Next couple years would be heavily favored towards Cookeville.  Look at Knox Webb game.  Cookeville blew that team out of the gym.  Would have beat them by 50 if they wanted.  UHS beats them by 7.   If you think it wouldn’t be a game you are nuts.

Upperman would blow Cookeville out of the gym.  Hurst and Crouch would be unstoppable not to mention Upperman has a far better coach. 

Edited by Dad0414

1 hour ago, repoman said:

Understand your confidence, however you are 1-2 against 8 AA and would be battling to finish 3 or 4th in the 8AA district,  Cookeville guards are 1-3 steps slow, speed kills.

Ohh that was cold!  Lol.  Partially  true but cold!  :o  Look at those games again.  If you actually watch those games you will see we led the entire game vs MC and refs called everything for MC for the final few minutes.  And they took first lead with 1:00 to go in the game and won game on FTs.  And we helped them by missing wide open layups in closing minutes.   York game 1 we won by as many as we wanted to.  Game 2 we missed FTs in final seconds to send game to OT.   We are inconsistent on many nights but especially in that 4-5 game stretch.  But I assure you that nobody in 8AA would blow us out like the scores being posted at the top.  We would love to run those games back!  

2 hours ago, repoman said:

Comparing scores, common opponents ,watching films,  huddle etc. York is even to 10 points better than Northview and Grainger. 8 AA is just different.  As always West Tennessee is hard to find coverage ,common opponents etc..

You may be right. Everything will work itself out. And I have a feeling that York will be making a trip to Meigs.

3 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Year in and year out Upperman wins the majority of these matchups. Cookeville is absolutely getting better and that’s a great thing. These programs need to play each other would be a great rivalry. Only problem is Cookeville never brings much of a gate unless it’s for White County. 

21 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

York can compete and have a chance to beat most teams in AA outside of maybe Upperman, Westview and JCS. 

It is amazing how the tide has changed with Upperman. They used to play second fiddle to Livingston Academy and now they are the big dogs. Although I have noticed that Livingston Academy looks to have a better team this year or at least looks more competitive and has won some games.

2 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

You’re probably right but Meigs is a lot closer to Upperman than you think.

Meigs is very tough and definitely a threat but in my comparison, I dont consider Meigs east tn. and yes Meigs should/will be hosting sub state hopefully 8AA can send a worthy opponent if they don't beat the h  e  l  l out of each other b4 substate!

On 1/30/2021 at 8:58 AM, LadyCavsFan said:

Ohh that was cold!  Lol.  Partially  true but cold!  :o  Look at those games again.  If you actually watch those games you will see we led the entire game vs MC and refs called everything for MC for the final few minutes.  And they took first lead with 1:00 to go in the game and won game on FTs.  And we helped them by missing wide open layups in closing minutes.   York game 1 we won by as many as we wanted to.  Game 2 we missed FTs in final seconds to send game to OT.   We are inconsistent on many nights but especially in that 4-5 game stretch.  But I assure you that nobody in 8AA would blow us out like the scores being posted at the top.  We would love to run those games back!  

Upperman would blow Cookeville out of the gym this year. That’s not even up for debate. 

3 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Upperman would blow Cookeville out of the gym this year. That’s not even up for debate. 

I have to agree it would be by 20 at least cookeville is getting tougher every year and may keep improving every year but they have no answer for hurst and cookeville scoring is inconsistent upperman brings that every night.    Cookeville would finish between 2 to 4 th in 8 aa probably 3rd