Who wins AA in 2020-21, and why?

tssaafan

On 2/20/2021 at 5:34 PM, maddams said:

You’re talking district games. I’m talking about region. According to TSSAA website, first round of girls region is Friday, Feb 26 not Thursday.

That’s what I thought that it started Friday and not Thursday. I don’t see how a region tournament (boys or girls) would start before all of the district tournament play for the corresponding district was completed

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

That’s what I thought that it started Friday and not Thursday. I don’t see how a region tournament (boys or girls) would start before all of the district tournament play for the corresponding district was completed

It was talk about it starting Thursday to get it completed! We almost didn’t play today in 14AA but we got lucky the sun came out. School is remote to day has the back roads are still bad 

My last Top 10 as we head into tournament play

1. Upperman (26-1) - loss to Macon could be a positive; relieves any pressure of being undefeated

2. Jackson SouthSide (18-0) - really excited about their likely region matchup vs Westview

3. Northview Academy (27-1) - senior heavy; I expect them in Murfreesboro and could make some noise

4. Grainger (28-3) - experienced and talented; should be in Murfreesboro and would be tough out

5. Westview (20-1) - all about Harrison; will their weak schedule cost them?

6. Meigs Co (16-4) - tough region matchup with any of the top 4 from 8AA

7. Westmoreland (20-3) - really good defensively; can they score enough to get to Murfreesboro

8. Macon Co (18-5) - win over Upperman could right the ship; Gregory is good enough to carry them

9. Covington (20-5) - always tough; will not be challenged until substate game

10. Sullivan East (23-4) - likely region title game v Grainger with loser likely going to Northview for substate

Other teams to watch: Alcoa, Creek Wood, East Nashville, Fairview, Livingston Academy, Maplewood, Scotts Hill, Signal Mountain, York Institute

3 hours ago, maddams said:

1. Upperman (26-1) - loss to Macon could be a positive; relieves any pressure of being undefeated

2. Jackson SouthSide (18-0) - really excited about their likely region matchup vs Westview

3. Northview Academy (27-1) - senior heavy; I expect them in Murfreesboro and could make some noise

4. Grainger (28-3) - experienced and talented; should be in Murfreesboro and would be tough out

7. Westmoreland (20-3) - really good defensively; can they score enough to get to Murfreesboro

8. Macon Co (18-5) - win over Upperman could right the ship; Gregory is good enough to carry them

10. Sullivan East (23-4) - likely region title game v Grainger with loser likely going to Northview for substate

Other teams to watch: Alcoa, Creek Wood, East Nashville, Fairview, Livingston Academy, Maplewood, Scotts Hill, Signal Mountain, York Institute

Have you seen #3 or #4 play? 

1 hour ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Have you seen #3 or #4 play? 

I watched them both a couple times online. Very good teams. Strong defenses and good shooters. Don’t think either team is particularly deep. I think they’re very evenly matched but a little behind Upperman and SouthSide from a talent standpoint 

3 hours ago, maddams said:

I watched them both a couple times online. Very good teams. Strong defenses and good shooters. Don’t think either team is particularly deep. I think they’re very evenly matched but a little behind Upperman and SouthSide from a talent standpoint 

Oh I see. They seem to a very decent team 

2 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Oh ok yea I seen Northview  Academy won against  Galtinburg-Pittmane tonight by 13 

I was wrong. I said Gatlinburg and I meant Grainger. Grainger played Westview last year and Gatlinburg Pittman played Upperman in the first round. They both are usually in the hunt as well as South Green. I hadn’t watched Northview Academy.

Edited by pioneer42

12 hours ago, maddams said:

What are your picks based off on? Have you seen all of these teams?