COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

4 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Hey WTW, you and I have never interacted much here but I have always liked reading your football comments over the years as you are obviously a passionate OR fan.    Just something to consider here, there is a way we can absolutely kill off the coronavirus and keep it from spreading, this will work with 99.999999% results.   Here it is:     Every person inside the US borders stays inside their homes until the virus is declared dead.    Nobody is allowed outside your home for any reason.    Think one of those Little House on the Prairie episodes where the Ingalls get snowed in for a week and can't go outside.     Say we all do this until the end of the year, so after a few months of the virus not having any chance to spread from one person to another then it will be gone and we can all get on with life.     The death toll from the virus starts spiraling downwards rapidly until there are no more virus-related deaths.    I have looked at this plan every which way and cannot see any fault in the logic, the virus would have to be wiped out after a complete 100% no exceptions 5 month sequester.    Thoughts?

Something tells me he'll think this is a good ideal.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Hey WTW, you and I have never interacted much here but I have always liked reading your football comments over the years as you are obviously a passionate OR fan.    Just something to consider here, there is a way we can absolutely kill off the coronavirus and keep it from spreading, this will work with 99.999999% results.   Here it is:     Every person inside the US borders stays inside their homes until the virus is declared dead.    Nobody is allowed outside your home for any reason.    Think one of those Little House on the Prairie episodes where the Ingalls get snowed in for a week and can't go outside.     Say we all do this until the end of the year, so after a few months of the virus not having any chance to spread from one person to another then it will be gone and we can all get on with life.     The death toll from the virus starts spiraling downwards rapidly until there are no more virus-related deaths.    I have looked at this plan every which way and cannot see any fault in the logic, the virus would have to be wiped out after a complete 100% no exceptions 5 month sequester.    Thoughts?

Yep, it's always that .000001 that messes everything up.

Nearly 100K Children in US Test Positive in 2 Weeks

Since the coronavirus pandemic began, at least 338,982 children have been infected with COVID-19 in the US—and more than a quarter of those infections happened during a period of just two weeks.   A new report from the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Children's Hospital Association reveals that at least 97,000 US kids tested positive for the virus during the last two weeks of July. The actual numbers could be higher, because the report did not include complete data from Texas and New York.

https://www.newser.com/story/294721/nearly-100k-children-in-us-test-positive-in-2-weeks.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=uol&utm_campaign=rss_top

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But, by all means, let's rush them right back into crowded high school hallways so football won't be cancelled or postponed until spring.  That way all of us "Uncle Rico" types won't miss one fall of living vicariously through another generation of 17-year-olds.

And by the way, I woulda took state in '82.  

Like most people I halfway hear the numbers that are thrown out every day and just try to carry on ,live and let live . I've listened to how bad it was in New York a month or two ago but they have done this and that.I had no idea how the numbers looked up there right now but was just thinking that if it was reported correctly  that New York was going to start back to school live, that's interesting,so I looked up their numbers and ours as well. One of the things the report said was we were doing 14 % better in the last week then the previous two.I will admit, I'm behind and it was stunning that we are doing that much worse then  New York   is right  now.I told one of my brothers who lives  in California a couple  months ago that if Tennessee had the people they do In New York,it would be gosh aweful here because a very small percentage are taking it seriously .If they do start back to school live in NY,then it will be something to see how that works out. 

Edited by BatmanLives

22 minutes ago, fb247 said:

Oregon’s high school football season won’t start until March; OSAA moves start of competition for 2020-21 sports to January

Them there or-gone hippie lebrul gun-grabbing commie so-shul-ist wimp 'murica-hating Jesus-haters.

They don't de-serve no dadgum football anyways.  No way, no how.  I betcha they don't even force the kids in pray in school or have rebel flags and stat-yous.

2 hours ago, nrgrizzlies said:

Nearly 100K Children in US Test Positive in 2 Weeks

Since the coronavirus pandemic began, at least 338,982 children have been infected with COVID-19 in the US—and more than a quarter of those infections happened during a period of just two weeks.   A new report from the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Children's Hospital Association reveals that at least 97,000 US kids tested positive for the virus during the last two weeks of July. The actual numbers could be higher, because the report did not include complete data from Texas and New York.

https://www.newser.com/story/294721/nearly-100k-children-in-us-test-positive-in-2-weeks.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=uol&utm_campaign=rss_top

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But, by all means, let's rush them right back into crowded high school hallways so football won't be cancelled or postponed until spring.  That way all of us "Uncle Rico" types won't miss one fall of living vicariously through another generation of 17-year-olds.

And by the way, I woulda took state in '82.  

Now look up the Swine Flu numbers. HINT: Six times as many kids died from Swine Flu, sadly. Did we have all these rules, cancellations, mandates and shutdowns for it??

11 McCallie players test positive, practice canceled for 14 days.

This is the EXACT reason why people are scared of testing.  Not because it could possibly give little Johnny Football a nose bleed or a headache or break the bank (free testing available), but because parents, coaches, and administrators are scared of the number of positive tests that will be returned.  Once that happens, parents won't be able to watch little Johnny Football poppin pads under the lights on Friday nights like we did.

3 minutes ago, TeeterTot2 said:

11 McCallie players test positive, practice canceled for 14 days.

This is the EXACT reason why people are scared of testing.  Not because it could possibly give little Johnny Football a nose bleed or a headache or break the bank (free testing available), but because parents, coaches, and administrators are scared of the number of positive tests that will be returned.  Once that happens, parents won't be able to watch little Johnny Football poppin pads under the lights on Friday nights like we did.

Why are they scared? Are they going to die or even be hospitalized? Please explain. Were there false positives and are some of these players asymptomatic? Explain your comments about fear.

13 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Now look up the Swine Flu numbers. HINT: Six times as many kids died from Swine Flu, sadly. Did we have all these rules, cancellations, mandates and shutdowns for it??

Kids can just be carrier’s. If they cancel SEC and the power 5 conferences they are little hope for sports in high school.  We just need to focus on keeping kids in school not sports. Two weeks away from season being cancelled for HS. 

9 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Why are they scared? Are they going to die or even be hospitalized? Please explain. Were there false positives and are some of these players asymptomatic? Explain your comments about fear.

There is nothing to be scared of but this is why there will be no football this fall. Sad for coaches and players who are preparing to play only to told at last minute ,we tried but sorry. And every school that has a positive will have there program shut down. If McCallie and Knox Catholic shut down you know public school will follow

• CoachT locked this topic