COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

25 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Wonder why Beech wouldn’t just play Green Hill in Week 1? Both had their opponents cancel, and it would make sense for these two nearby schools to play each other and get in a full 10-game schedule. 

good idea if it would work out. Although Green Hill may not enjoy the butt kicking they will get.

23 minutes ago, hardtackle said:

good idea if it would work out. Although Green Hill may not enjoy the butt kicking they will get.

It wouldn’t be about the butt kicking at all. They play Gallatin and Pearl Cohn too. They are a first year program, so that’s to be expected. Getting 10 games in and banking as much experience as possible seems to be smart when beginning a brand new program.

It's funny how all of us (myself included) cite different media statistics and stories to bolster our views.   But over and over we get information like below that erode our trust in the ones who are supposed to keep us informed.  Really makes you wonder huh.....

https://www.ajc.com/politics/georgia-keeps-key-virus-information-from-public/DHZGBAGKJRFLVDCGCWGJ2NGCLE/

5 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

Wonder why Beech wouldn’t just play Green Hill in Week 1? Both had their opponents cancel, and it would make sense for these two nearby schools to play each other and get in a full 10-game schedule. 

Beech is officially going to come to Powell on 8/21, since both needed a game.

7 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Curious why Powell isn’t traveling to Beech? Beech needed a home game and Powell lost a road game at Greeneville. So, now Beech gets only 4 home games and Powell gets 6. Just curious?

HTV might be able to answer that. I think both schools are just happy to be playing.

1 minute ago, osunut2 said:

HTV might be able to answer that. I think both schools are just happy to be playing.

I’m absolutely sure they are! It’s great that they can play a highly competitive opener! I’m just always curious about such things, especially with the travel involved. Seems like Beech would want to play 5 home games on their new field and not travel 6 times. For instance, schedule the game at Beech but then they return the favor and travel to Powell for a scrimmage either in the spring or in camp next year. Glad they are playing regardless!

On 7/16/2020 at 11:29 AM, Djohnson said:

If cases keep rising they will cancel season 

On 7/17/2020 at 3:37 PM, Djohnson said:

You will see

On 7/18/2020 at 6:42 AM, Djohnson said:

It’s crazy how fast death rate is raising in TN. Plus, its getting worse and they are thinking about playing ball and filling up the stands??? 

On 7/18/2020 at 2:53 PM, Djohnson said:

It will only get worse

On 7/19/2020 at 11:41 PM, Djohnson said:

How can we play when high school football players are testing positive for COVID-19 and contact has not started? Just wait till they let them start contact. Kids will be getting it left and right.

On 7/20/2020 at 1:47 PM, Djohnson said:

IMO it’s to early to say let’s go on with are lives while the virus is spreading more that it ever was. 

On 7/20/2020 at 10:37 PM, Djohnson said:

I guess all the teams with overweight linemen is at risk. They will need to stay home because being overweight is real bad for covid.

On 7/21/2020 at 6:40 AM, Djohnson said:

They are schools all over TN with football players testing positive and having to quarantine for two weeks. This is no contact drills. Just think if they open practice up. Crazy like I been saying they need to cancel.

On 7/22/2020 at 9:19 PM, Djohnson said:

Schools will not be able to control social distancing in the stands or concessions.  Teams will be forfeiting games because kids will get Covid. I do not see any way high school gets played this season

On 7/24/2020 at 11:56 AM, Djohnson said:

We need to move football to spring.

On 7/25/2020 at 5:58 AM, Djohnson said:

I see football back big time in 2021 in the fall. This year not so much. They are no way they are going to allow football to happen how things are today.

On 7/26/2020 at 8:54 PM, Djohnson said:

I agree football will be back after the election. Can’t wait for fall 2021!

On 7/26/2020 at 9:57 PM, Djohnson said:

With the amount of cases that we are seeing local and state. I bet they will delay students going to school. Man it is a worse now than it was in March when they canceled school and spring sports.

On 7/27/2020 at 8:17 AM, Djohnson said:

It’s crazy to me that if they are social distancing during school they should do it at school functions not let kids from all over different counties play each other. To me that is how you spread it.

On 7/28/2020 at 6:18 PM, Djohnson said:

Season has not started yet. Nothing has changed except they can have full contact practice.

On 7/28/2020 at 6:35 PM, Djohnson said:

Exactly the only way we will be able to play is if the cases start going down not up

On 7/28/2020 at 8:38 PM, Djohnson said:

As of today in TN they are around 1,000 deaths and 100,000 cases in TN

On 7/29/2020 at 2:26 PM, Djohnson said:

I’m not letting myself get excited. At least Gov Bill is letting them get some practice in. Games won’t happen

On 7/31/2020 at 4:19 PM, Djohnson said:

I just think they will back out because what everyone else is canceling. Lee still has not signed. 

On 7/31/2020 at 8:46 PM, Djohnson said:

They are still 3 weeks before 1st game so let keep are fingers crossed that it don’t get worse.

On 8/3/2020 at 5:54 PM, Djohnson said:

COVID - 19 TEST ARE FREE!! IF A CHILD FEELS SICK PLEASE HAVE THEM TESTED 

On 8/3/2020 at 11:35 PM, Djohnson said:

That’s why it might get bad. If a kid test positive for it then think about all the kids he has been around in the 7 days. It could get ugly quick. 

On 8/7/2020 at 11:05 PM, Djohnson said:

They won’t be a championship this year. 

On 8/8/2020 at 2:49 PM, Djohnson said:

At least they get to practice some before it gets shut down. 

On 8/10/2020 at 11:24 AM, Djohnson said:

Kids can just be carrier’s. If they cancel SEC and the power 5 conferences they are little hope for sports in high school. Two weeks away from season being cancelled for HS. 

On 8/10/2020 at 12:28 PM, Djohnson said:

For now ...

On 8/11/2020 at 2:02 PM, Djohnson said:

They need to go ahead and shut it down

On 8/12/2020 at 8:04 PM, Djohnson said:

I’m starting to agree with you. Numbers are getting better although it is real it’s not going nowhere. So might as well live life .   I watched some practice tonight and I cant wait to see our new coach first game. I myself was convinced that they would shut it down but Gov Lee stood his ground

If this guy can come around, there's still a chance that Pelosi will vote for Trump.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tradertwo said:

If this guy can come around, there's still a chance that Pelosi will vote for Trump.

How dis the Scotts Hill scrimmage go?? Been so busy didn’t even get to buy a Milan Peabody ticket. Hail storm got me busy.

Edited by pioneer42

8 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

How dis the Scotts Hill scrimmage go?? Been so busy didn’t even get to buy a Milan Peabody ticket. Hail storm got me busy.

I'm happy with how they looked. Sloppy, timing off, thinking before playing... everything you'd expect from this type of game speed "practice". There was also flashes of some stout play when everything becomes second nature. Worst thing was an injury, but he's a tough kid and will be back by mid season. Coach Woodmore and his staff are steadily rebuilding our roster, as we dressed about 50 and had four or five out with minor stuff. It's uplifting to talk with the kids and hear over and over how great the coaches are, how much they believe in them, and to see most of the athletes from other sports turning out to play football again.  We've actually got some depth on the lines and good athletes at the skill positions who are sophomores and freshmen too, and some of them show a high ceiling for potential with a couple of speedsters and a couple of monster sized (6'2"/6'4"-300+) linemen. All in all it was a great night... had some good eats, watched some football, and wandered around the field (it looked amazing) talking football for over an hour after it was over with some great people. Life was almost back to normal for one night, and I really needed that!

• CoachT locked this topic