COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

18 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I think it's all a hoax...Lol no unfortunately this is no hoax. It's serious and we all need to take precautions. We still have no idea of long term effects years to come is my thoughts. Even on those that never get sick.

so a virus where people have no symptoms, and never get sick, is quietly placing time-release elements that are silently destroying us all?

13 hours ago, nrgrizzlies said:

Actually, not only am I very pro-sports (including football... but would rather see it moved to spring for obvious reasons)... I actually HAVE a life... unlike the guy with almost FIVE THOUSAND posts on here.

I would pity people like that except they are beyond redemption.  They give sports a bad reputation.

moving it to spring is dumb. 1. it wont be spring, it will be winter. viruses are more abound then 2. why spirng. what is different then besides no election

4 hours ago, Salem said:

Great news you left out was the abnormality was mild, this is just a precaution, and he expects to be back on the field when the hysteria subsides after the election. So just like quarantining hundreds of healthy students for precautions and headlines we're now doing detailed cardiac exams looking for abnormalities. Same abnormalities are associated with influenza and other respiratory infections.

Here's a quote from the QB himself:

“The cardiologist was pretty confident it’s a case more on the mild side,” Colasurdo told The Athletic. “A lot of it is going to just be precautionary because they really just don’t know what’s going to happen in the long term. If the cardiologist wasn’t super worried, I’m doing OK.”

Good news is not important to ole grizzar. 

It's all about the headline. Liberal comprehension discombulates after the initial knee jerk/emotional response to words written by irresponsible journalists. It's been proven time and again. 

I think once they read a headline they are incapable of being objective. Probably because in large part, The Media is their Daddy. 

I talked to a couple folks  today that are older and at risk for anything really.Both are hardcore conservatives and know Covid is something that is killing people .The deference was why they had on a mask at the market.One said he didn't want the market to get shut down but didn't really care if he got covid,he was ready to die if it was his time.The other said he didn't care if the market got shut down ,he just wanted to live a little longer. I thought about that on the way home and agree in part with both.I'd hate for the market to get shut down  { if that's possible }, but on the other hand,I'd like to shop there a few more times just the same.maxresdefault.jpg

6 minutes ago, BatmanLives said:

I talked to a couple folks  today that are older and at risk for anything really.Both are hardcore conservatives and know Covid is something that is killing people .The deference was why they had on a mask at the market.One said he didn't want the market to get shut down but didn't really care if he got covid,he was ready to die if it was his time.The other said he didn't care if the market got shut down ,he just wanted to live a little longer. I thought about that on the way home and agree in part with both.I'd hate for the market to get shut down  { if that's possible }, but on the other hand,I'd like to shop there a few more times just the same.maxresdefault.jpg

You're about as wish washy/fence rider as anyone I've seen on here. 

Here's a good option for all of those scared though. Stay home and quarantine  

It's really that simple. This is still America for another generation or so. You still have the freedom to decide whether you want to go to the supermarket or not. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Swarm said:

You're about as wish washy/fence rider as anyone I've seen on here. 

Here's a good option for all of those scared though. Stay home and quarantine  

It's really that simple. This is still America for another generation or so. You still have the freedom to decide whether you want to go to the supermarket or not. 

museum-urinal-fly.jpg

4 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

so a virus where people have no symptoms, and never get sick, is quietly placing time-release elements that are silently destroying us all?

The unknown. We do not have years of research like with the flu of which is no comparison to the death rate that covid19 has done in this short period. So yeah anything is possible hopefully not what your indicating. It will take years to know how safe covid19 could or could not be. I am not drinking the kool-aid this year. We mishandled this virus since February or we would not still be talking about it now mid August. 

5 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

The unknown. We do not have years of research like with the flu of which is no comparison to the death rate that covid19 has done in this short period. So yeah anything is possible hopefully not what your indicating. It will take years to know how safe covid19 could or could not be. I am not drinking the kool-aid this year. We mishandled this virus since February or we would not still be talking about it now mid August. 

1. flu death rate is nothing like covid? thats what u just said?    

2. what should have been done, since you say the US mishandled it?

5 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

So you think that if we had "masked up" and rotated who we were in contact with every nine minutes beginning in February that CV-19 wouldn't be around now? Here's a news flash from an admittedly amateur prognosticator... Covid is here permanently, and you will be exposed (probably already have) to it at some point in time. Covid would still exist no matter what anyone did from the beginning too. The Spanish Flu played out it's initial deadly course beginning in 1918, and is still around in the form of the H1-N1 strain... the difference is that mankind has had time to develop a natural resistance, or partial immunity to it, as we will do with this virus.

34 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

1. flu death rate is nothing like covid? thats what u just said?    

2. what should have been done, since you say the US mishandled it?

28 minutes ago, Swarm said:

Fence riding response coming...

23 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

So you think that if we had "masked up" and rotated who we were in contact with every nine minutes beginning in February that CV-19 wouldn't be around now? Here's a news flash from an admittedly amateur prognosticator... Covid is here permanently, and you will be exposed (probably already have) to it at some point in time. Covid would still exist no matter what anyone did from the beginning too. The Spanish Flu played out it's initial deadly course beginning in 1918, and is still around in the form of the H1-N1 strain... the difference is that mankind has had time to develop a natural resistance, or partial immunity to it, as we will do with this virus.

A football coach will find anyway possible to win a game. The team that works together best usually wins. We are not working together and we are losing over a thousand valuable players every day. No coach would accept that. Game started in February and covid19 appears to have us on a running clock. I am confident we will make a comeback and win but how many more seniors will die before we wake up. And I am for opening Football and schools up but not like many want it; without proper protection. It just common sense!

• CoachT locked this topic