COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

16 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

A football coach will find anyway possible to win a game. The team that works together best usually wins. We are not working together and we are losing over a thousand valuable players every day. No coach would accept that. Game started in February and covid19 appears to have us on a running clock. I am confident we will make a comeback and win but how many more seniors will die before we wake up. And I am for opening Football and schools up but not like many want it; without proper protection. It just common sense!

My apologies. I mistakenly thought you were Batmanlives responding to General. 

Sorry.  :thumb:

29 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

A football coach will find anyway possible to win a game. The team that works together best usually wins. We are not working together and we are losing over a thousand valuable players every day. No coach would accept that. Game started in February and covid19 appears to have us on a running clock. I am confident we will make a comeback and win but how many more seniors will die before we wake up. And I am for opening Football and schools up but not like many want it; without proper protection. It just common sense!

lots of words. says nothing. 

1. this thing is killing those over 80, and obese. statistically, (keep in mind how many deaths it takes to register statistically), every one else is safe. 

2. see attachment 

0.jpg

24 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

lots of words. says nothing. 

1. this thing is killing those over 80, and obese. statistically, (keep in mind how many deaths it takes to register statistically), every one else is safe. 

2. see attachment 

0.jpg

Well I will hope we can agree on one thing; 1000 lives nationally is 1 too many. We are better than this...IMO

25 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Well I will hope we can agree on one thing; 1000 lives nationally is 1 too many. We are better than this...IMO

There are 7000 deaths nationally every single day.  A large portion of Covid deaths are people dying WITH Covid not FROm Covid. Medical malpractice accounts for over 400,000 deaths each year in the US according to the attorney commercial I just saw. Why don’t we have a running metric on every newscast and internet site showing that figure?

3 minutes ago, Salem said:

There are 7000 deaths nationally every single day.  A large portion of Covid deaths are people dying WITH Covid not FROm Covid. Medical malpractice accounts for over 400,000 deaths each year in the US according to the attorney commercial I just saw. Why don’t we have a running metric on every newscast and internet site showing that figure?

From my stand point in my senior years, all we seniors need is another disease, virus cancer etc.. to fight off as we try and age gracefully. 

3 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

From my stand point in my senior years, all we seniors need is another disease, virus cancer etc.. to fight off as we try and age gracefully. 

things that don't help senior beat covid

1. healthy young people locking down, wearing masks or trying to keep 6 feet apart

2. sending sick elderly back into nursing homes to avoid a hospital over-run that never came close to happening, in fact many states had hospitals who laid off workers. 

thx

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Agreed, Mavs.

This probably goes without saying, but don't even bother trying to reason with some of the "all knowing" in this thread. I gave up awhile ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Agreed, Mavs.

This probably goes without saying, but don't even bother trying to reason with some of the "all knowing" in this thread. I gave up awhile ago.

By all means any little bit of reason from the other side will be appreciated. All we get is I’m old and/or afraid of a virus so lockdown the country and especially don’t allow healthy teenage Kids  to enjoy their football season or have any normalcy. It’s not reasonable or logical. I’m a senior as well and I just chose to spend 2.5 hours in some crowded stands in the pouring rain watching our town’s kids play a game they love. It was great and a huge travesty we cost last year’s seniors their spring sports and even considered not playing this fall.

After 6 months we learned  Covid will be safe for 99.7% of the country but now we have to worry about the unknown. What  we don’t know that might happen is the new problem. Reasonable no; pathetic yes. 

11 minutes ago, Salem said:

By all means any little bit of reason from the other side will be appreciated. All we get is I’m old and/or afraid of a virus so lockdown the country and especially don’t allow healthy teenage Kids  to enjoy their football season or have any normalcy. It’s not reasonable or logical. I’m a senior as well and I just chose to spend 2.5 hours in some crowded stands in the pouring rain watching our town’s kids play a game they love. It was great and a huge travesty we cost last year’s seniors their spring sports and even considered not playing this fall.

After 6 months we learned  Covid will be safe for 99.7% of the country but now we have to worry about the unknown. What  we don’t know that might happen is the new problem. Reasonable no; pathetic yes. 

Salem, what is sad is that I was referring to people on both extremes of the aisle here. And it is no surprise to me that you were the first to respond.

I have seen you, and others, continue to obliterate measured, and sometimes conflicted, responses in this thread repeatedly, and I just don't get it. Why? Why not solely focus your energy on folks like DJ or Grizz, who think the world is burning and we must retreat to the nearest fallout shelter? Instead, you go after every single individual who doesn't have the same 100% verbatim attitude/opinion on this. 

Pardon me for feeling conflicted. I lost a healthy middle aged co-worker to this mess, and my cousin (travelling ER nurse) just came off of a ventilator from her own COVID battle, so you'll have to understand why some folks are a little more cautious and conflicted than others. That doesn't make me soft, un-American, or a liberal. It makes me human, and I just want to better understand what we are dealing with.

I just wish some of you guys would show a tiny bit of compassion for those who might have a good reason for feeling a tiny bit conflicted. And if that means we just agree to disagree, that's a lot better than ridicule. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Salem, what is sad is that I was referring to people on both extremes of the aisle here. And it is no surprise to me that you were the first to respond.

I have seen you, and others, continue to obliterate measured, and sometimes conflicted, responses in this thread repeatedly, and I just don't get it. Why? Why not solely focus your energy on folks like DJ or Grizz, who think the world is burning and we must retreat to the nearest fallout shelter? Instead, you go after every single individual who doesn't have the same 100% verbatim attitude/opinion on this. 

Pardon me for feeling conflicted. I lost a healthy middle aged co-worker to this mess, and my cousin (travelling ER nurse) just came off of a ventilator from her own COVID battle, so you'll have to understand why some folks are a little more cautious and conflicted than others. That doesn't make me soft, un-American, or a liberal. It makes me human, and I just want to better understand what we are dealing with.

I just wish some of you guys would show a tiny bit of compassion for those who might have a good reason for feeling a tiny bit conflicted. And if that means we just agree to disagree, that's a lot better than ridicule. 

You really could have not said that any better. Sad to hear of the loss and sickness.   :(

• Like 1

There was a staggering lack of mask compliance and enforcement at last night's JP2/Smyrna game, at least on the Smyrna side where I was.

It was simultaneously great to be at a sports event for the first time in several months and extremely off-putting to see the mask requests from the PA announcer be completely no-sold/ignored. More kids without masks than with them. Social distancing was non-existent.

And it wasn't just the kids with all of that. I greatly resented the people whose indifference put me (and others) at risk. If I hadn't needed to be there, I wouldn't have gone.

But prep work is non-optional for a broadcaster, and I've got JP2 in week 4. Because JP2 inexplicably didn't livestream it, and I don't think Smyrna does any streaming, the only way I was seeing that game was in person.

So I went. But I wasn't happy about it. At all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• CoachT locked this topic