TSSAA meeting live today at 1:00 PM (Central)

6 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Concerning concessions:

Concession stands are discouraged because they tend to invite gatherings of people in close quarters. If a member school chooses to operate a concession stand at a contest, signage or other appropriate markings must be in place to encourage customers to maintain physical distancing while standing in line. Where possible, schools that choose to operate concession stands are encouraged to arrange for call-in orders in order to reduce the number of people gathering to stand in line and to limit the number of concession workers. All concession stand workers must wear facial coverings and must maintain as much physical distance as possible in the confines of the concession stand.  

If their going to require masks, then why worry about the physical distancing part...doing both simply says to me that mask don't really help to start with.

2 hours ago, cherokean said:

If their going to require masks, then why worry about the physical distancing part...doing both simply says to me that mask don't really help to start with.

I'd say the chance of going to school or playing any type of ball is getting worse by the day. Trump has gone from Dem Hoax that would disappear in a day or 2  ,hating masks and so on, to thinking this is real,going to get worse and carrying a mask. One would think we would have some sore of straight talk from someone by now. Instead ,it just gets foggier by the day.  Soon as warp speed and the Vaccine arrives,we'll get back to normal. Guess is that will happen before the end of the year. Might be able to play during the spring.

9 hours ago, Salem said:

A few questions, please clarify. 

1. If the Governor removes his restrictions by Aug 3rd then we play the regular schedule?

2. If the restrictions are still in place on Aug 4th we automatically go to Option 2 Hybrid?

3. What will a option 2 schedule look like?

4. If he removes the restrictions between Aug 3rd and Aug 29th we start playing 3 weeks after that date?

5. If the governor does nothing and then extends his order 60 more days we are done with fall sports?

6. Any idea what middle school or youth football leagues can do?

7. How do you recall a governor?

Childress stated yesterday as August 3rd would be the "drop dead" date to implementing Option 2 Hybrid.  

Edited by FridayMainEvent

10 hours ago, Salem said:

1. If the Governor removes his restrictions by Aug 3rd then we play the regular schedule?

2. If the restrictions are still in place on Aug 4th we automatically go to Option 2 Hybrid?

4. If he removes the restrictions between Aug 3rd and Aug 29th we start playing 3 weeks after that date?

5. If the governor does nothing and then extends his order 60 more days we are done with fall sports?

I'll give it a shot.

1.  yes

2. yes

3. for the most part, you will keep your existing schedule with adjustment for region games missed.  Meaning, if your school has to make up a region game, the TSSAA comes in and gives you the date to play based on if you have a date when both schools have a non region opponnet scheduled.  The non region teams are free to play each other on that date or have a bye week.

4. yes, with the appropriate schedule adjustments.

5. Strictly my opinion on this one, look for spring football

6.  they are under the same order, regardless if they are a part of the TMSAA or not.  in my opinion, local school districts will determine about middle school football.   The youth leagues in middle tennessee haven't started yet.  They are under the order too.

7.  again, in my opinion I don't think you can do that under Tennessee law.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Salem said:

My understanding is that each week starting Aug 3rd that passes we lose that week unless the Governor lifts the restriction or the order ends Aug 29th. If it does go to Aug 29 the then they used Rhea’s schedule as the example. 

Under the plan 2 hybrid if the season were to not start til Sept 19 (week 5) then 

Rhea schedule looked like this 

Week 5 Lenoir City -region game

Week 6 Open (we would have to find a new game that week or take a bye) We were originally scheduled to play Gibbs that week. 

Week 7 Ooltewah 

Week 8 Red Bank 

Week 9 @ Soddy- region game 

Week10 Karns 

Week 11 @ Marion Co 

Week 12 Walker Valley -Region game 

Our original schedule was 

Week 1 @ Knox Carter 

Week 2 @ Tuscola NC ( I doubt this game gets played even if we do start on time) 

Week 3 Walker Valley-R

Week 4 Bye 

Week 5 @ Lenior City-R

Week 6 Gibbs 

Week 7 Ooltewah 

Week 8 Red Bank 

Week 9 @ Soddy-R

Week 10 Karns 

Week 11 @ Marion 

Edited by Rhea Co.
  • Like 1

Can someone clear up the Virtual Learning vs Virtual School debacle?  I know some schools will do virtual learning meaning the actual teachers the kids would have had will teach them.  So this means they are eligible, correct?

The ones who go to a virtual academy would be ineligible, correct?