Trenton vs Milan week 1

5 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I agree, I think Milan got it right with this one. I love it when a community grows but does not forget where they came from. 

We are really close to some meaningful football boys!!! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Can't wait to watch the livestream tomorrow night. It is hard for me to give an edge to either team due to the newness that is taking the field tomorrow. Peabody is trying to replace the best football team that they have ever had with a lot of younger kids with only a little bit of experience. A lot of the kids playing for Peabody now did play a lot the past 2 seasons but not during the grit and grind games that require the mental toughness to push through and make a play late in the game. Milan will be a great test to see how a young Peabody team picks up from where they last left off. On the other hand, Milan is ready to show off a new stadium headed up by a young vibrant head coach. This is the first Milan and Peabody game in quite some time that I can't clearly pick a winner. Win, lose, or draw, I'm just happy to have some high school football be played given how this year has been. 

Edited by FightingBlue0

30 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Can't wait to watch the livestream tomorrow night. It is hard for me to give an edge to either team due to the newness that is taking the field tomorrow. Peabody is trying to replace the best football team that they have ever had with a lot of younger kids with only a little bit of experience. A lot of the kids playing for Peabody now did play a lot the past 2 seasons but not during the grit and grind games that require the mental toughness to push through and make a play late in the game. Milan will be a great test to see how a young Peabody team picks up from where they last left off. On the other hand, Milan is ready to show off a new stadium headed up by a young vibrant head coach. This is the first Milan and Peabody game in quite some time that I can't clearly pick a winner. Win, lose, or draw, I'm just happy to have some high school football be played given how this year has been. 

I agree with everything you just said. Great post!!

2 hours ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I will habe to disagree, if you don't know about the insane transfers Milan got then I understand,2 or 3 D 1 athletes that are seniors have moved to Milan !!! Milan was already senior loaded with speed now they have a Q B that will be a D 1 Q.B !!! That being said I will cheer and rep out boys till the clock hits 0000 but I am not such a homer that I will say we will win big. If your not from our neck of the woods you can't understand what moved into the M ! I wont be the one to dis Milan and tell all until they decide to !!! Yep I know but I am a loyal dude to friends amd can't say..... 

15 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Proud to say there are 2 top notch facilities within 15 miles of each other in lil rural west tn!!!! Love Milans turf soooo much though, its as nice and as soft as USJ field 

• Upvote 1

Call me crazy but I am going with Peabody. Main reason is I can’t get rid of Milan’s body language out of my head at Peabody last year.Peabody is the more mentally tough team I predict. I know. I know. Milan has transfers, new coach, new stadium...etc..The main thing Milan has to do is “they gotta have heart”. I didn’t see it last year. Will we see it this year??  Behind closed doors I heard Milan was even more undisciplined than they were on the field last year.  Can Milan get the mental toughness back that Tucker and Morris’ teams had?? The team with the most tradition around West TN in the Bulldogs has got to get the mental toughness back they lost. I have Peabody 21-14. Good luck to both teams. I won’t to see the old junkyard dogs back.