Trenton vs Milan week 1

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I wish we were where we were in 2012....

Small town football. The ebbs & flows of talented kids comes in waves. There will be a time in the future when Milan will be up & Peabody will be down. It’s the cycle but hopefully this current cycle lasts for a while longer. Milan has a really good football team. No question about it. Peabody has a championship football team & they were a prime example of it. Down 13-0 before they even got off the bus but didn’t waiver once in fear. They took it one drive at a time & put up 34 unanswered points. Milan punched Peabody in the mouth right out of the gate & the Tide responded. Can’t say Milan responded once Peabody returned the favor. That’s the stuff that championship teams do. Peabody was on the losing end of those games for a few years before they got to where they are now. Milan will be the same way. Best of luck to the dawgs the rest of the way. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Small town football. The ebbs & flows of talented kids comes in waves. There will be a time in the future when Milan will be up & Peabody will be down. It’s the cycle but hopefully this current cycle lasts for a while longer. Milan has a really good football team. No question about it. Peabody has a championship football team & they were a prime example of it. Down 13-0 before they even got off the bus but didn’t waiver once in fear. They took it one drive at a time & put up 34 unanswered points. Milan punched Peabody in the mouth right out of the gate & the Tide responded. Can’t say Milan responded once Peabody returned the favor. That’s the stuff that championship teams do. Peabody was on the losing end of those games for a few years before they got to where they are now. Milan will be the same way. Best of luck to the dawgs the rest of the way. 

Thanks bro. 

27 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Peabody plays the game of football a lot like Milan used to back in the day under Jeff Morris & Co.  They just lined up in Twins I and ran Zone, Double Dive, Power, and Counter and #7 gashed them as the game wore on.  Early in the 2nd Quarter when Peabody got down on the Goal Line and got out of Twins I and got "cute" with their play calling I was screaming at my computer screen.  They had such a major advantage across the offensive line that they don't need to reinvent the wheel when it comes to running the football.  When they got basic after that they controlled the remainder of the football game.  

Milan is too much "all over the place" with what they are trying to do offensively.  They don't need to be so "creative" to try to move the football.  It worked early and had Peabody confused but after the 1st quarter they never got in any type of offensive flow whatsoever.  The gadget stuff works here and there but over the long haul it will get you beat when you play a well coached football team that can adjust over time.  

If these teams had gotten a chance to scrimmage this fall and there had been pre-existing film out there on both teams I could very easily have seen a scenario where Milan would not even have scored in all honesty.  

Peabody is once again in line to compete for the Class 2A State Championship.  They have a great football team.  Milan has a great football team also and will be a Class 3A Playoff Qualifier.  

Yeah you weren’t the only one screaming all we had to do was push them in to the end zone. 

I think that’s just what they run in the area he coached in Mississippi. Woods ran a hurry up offense when was in Trenton too minus all the shifting and motion.  I do think once they get more practice and they are able to speed the play calling and offense up it will be more effective. The whole gist of that offense is to get the defense out of position and it’s hard to do that if you aren’t running it fast enough. 

1 hour ago, MidStateFan1 said:

Saw the game streamed. Milan looked like the far more talented team as far as the looks test. Peabody didn't look like they have the athletes they had last year, but still won convincingly. Great coaching and program building. 

Actually looks test" wise Milan looked to be superior last year,Peabody has young skill players that will get better,several reciers 6'3 plus,didnt even use 2 of our backs last night.. I will say our lines coaching is second to none,take Johnson for instance 6ft 330 lbs and footwork and speed to the ball like few have. The first quarter absolutely validated your point of "Athletes" being in the Dawgs favor,I will quote a great friend from last year @GoldDoctor  and say athletes are great but you gotta have football players to win championships !!!!

10 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Actually looks test" wise Milan looked to be superior last year,Peabody has young skill players that will get better,several reciers 6'3 plus,didnt even use 2 of our backs last night.. I will say our lines coaching is second to none,take Johnson for instance 6ft 330 lbs and footwork and speed to the ball like few have. The first quarter absolutely validated your point of "Athletes" being in the Dawgs favor,I will quote a great friend from last year @GoldDoctor  and say athletes are great but you gotta have football players to win championships !!!!

In the 1st Q I was thinking there is no way Peabody OL is blocking that Milan DL. As the game progressed, they were able to in large part because the Milan D got tired because they were on the field forever because of their offense couldn't sustain drives. Looks like Milan also has a very tough schedule ahead.

Edited by MidStateFan1