BEECH IS COMING TO POWELL WEEK 1

keepitmoving

2 minutes ago, eers said:

Tough test for Beech on the road and short notice against a good Powell team. Can’t help but think Jackson NS was a much better warmup for a week 2 game at Henry County. 

This definitely makes for a tough start. 

Great way to start the season though.  Those first two games are playoff caliber teams.  

• Like 1

Just now, PatriotsNation said:

That's how we was last year. On the road against Haywood and Beech. Its nothing but good for yall later in the season. 

Definitely gets you ready for the rest of the schedule. This could be an exciting year for Beech. They could be better than last year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eers said:

Definitely gets you ready for the rest of the schedule. This could be an exciting year for Beech. They could be better than last year. 

I agree. Beech is gonna be there towards the end. I love the Beech/Powell game though. That's a game we usually don't get to see unless it happened to be in Cookeville. Man I can hardly wait for football season! I'm beyond ready.....

Edited by PatriotsNation
  • Like 1

This game will come down to whoever has the better defense. Both teams have athletes and good offenses, but I know Powell has question marks on defense. My initial thought is to take Beech, just wonder if they have enough horses to keep up with Powell on the outside for 4 quarters. For now, give me Beech though.

7 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

This game will come down to whoever has the better defense. Both teams have athletes and good offenses, but I know Powell has question marks on defense. My initial thought is to take Beech, just wonder if they have enough horses to keep up with Powell on the outside for 4 quarters. For now, give me Beech though.

I know very little about Powell but if they have questions on defense then I would take Beech Defensively. But still should be a great great game.