4 Classifications

Redrage4life

20 minutes ago, OrangeGuru said:

Be interesting to see which team is thought more highly of. Looking like the girls program on the move up and boys has remained a bit flat. 

They may go to 2 A. Never know. Wherever one goes they both go. 2 A will be tough no doubt. The way I see it it is a 2 year deal. Whichever they decide won’t be permanent if they don’t want it to be. 

Edited by pioneer42

I've changed my projections after schools changed some of their original numbers and the general consensus being that the total number of schools will be 329. Class 1A will have 83 schools and the other classes will have 82 schools. The four-class system spreads the state thin with 82-83 schools divided into 16 districts. This will result in a lot of four-team districts. It looks like Class 2A will have eight four-team districts out of 16 total.

I mapped out Class 2A again, feel free to suggest changes that can be made. I think it is better than the previous one I did

DISTRICT 1 DISTRICT 2 DISTRICT 3 DISTRICT 4 DISTRICT 5 DISTRICT 6 DISTRICT 7 DISTRICT 8
West Greene Kingston Gat. Pittman Sweetwater Tyner Sequatchie Co Jackson Co Westmoreland
Chuckey Doak Cumberlad Gap Pigeon Forge Meigs Co. Brainerd Grundy Co. Smith Co Cheatham Co.
South Greene Happy Valley LN STEM Loudon Chatt. A&S Marion Co Watertown Harpeth
Johnson Co. Union Co. Alcoa McMinn Central Tellico Plains Bledsoe Co Cannon Co WH Heritage
      Polk Co.     York  
            Monterey  

DISTRICT 9 DISTRICT 10 DISTRICT 11 DISTRICT 12 DISTRICT 13 DISTRICT 14 DISTRICT 15 DISTRICT 16
Republic Stratford Lewis Co. Mt. Pleasant Huntingdon Adamsville Hillcrest Mitchell
LEAD Whites Creek Waverly Summertown Milan DC Riverside Freedom Prep Memphis East
Pearl Cohn Fairview Camden Loretto Union City Scotts Hill Fairley MLK Memphis
East Nashville KIPP Nashville East Hickman Cascade Gibson Co. Bolivar Oakhaven Sheffield
    Hickman Co. Forrest Westview Haywood Power Center Trezevant
    Stewart Co. Community   Madison Mag. Crosstown Mem Bus Ac
      Giles Co.     RISE KIPP Memphis
            Manassas Douglass

36 minutes ago, StudCantrell said:

I've changed my projections after schools changed some of their original numbers and the general consensus being that the total number of schools will be 329. Class 1A will have 83 schools and the other classes will have 82 schools. The four-class system spreads the state thin with 82-83 schools divided into 16 districts. This will result in a lot of four-team districts. It looks like Class 2A will have eight four-team districts out of 16 total.

I mapped out Class 2A again, feel free to suggest changes that can be made. I think it is better than the previous one I did

DISTRICT 1 DISTRICT 2 DISTRICT 3 DISTRICT 4 DISTRICT 5 DISTRICT 6 DISTRICT 7 DISTRICT 8
West Greene Kingston Gat. Pittman Sweetwater Tyner Sequatchie Co Jackson Co Westmoreland
Chuckey Doak Cumberlad Gap Pigeon Forge Meigs Co. Brainerd Grundy Co. Smith Co Cheatham Co.
Johnson Co. Union Co. Alcoa McMinn Central Tellico Plains Bledsoe Co Cannon Co WH Heritage
      Polk Co.     York  
            Monterey  

DISTRICT 9 DISTRICT 10 DISTRICT 11 DISTRICT 12 DISTRICT 13 DISTRICT 14 DISTRICT 15 DISTRICT 16
Republic Stratford Lewis Co. Mt. Pleasant Huntingdon Adamsville Hillcrest Mitchell
LEAD Whites Creek Waverly Summertown Milan DC Riverside Freedom Prep Memphis East
East Nashville KIPP Nashville East Hickman Cascade Gibson Co. Bolivar Oakhaven Sheffield
            Manassas Douglass

So you got 83 without Dyersburg and you did include Huntington. chill’s post on page 20 has Huntingdon possibly being the 83rd team in Single A. So you have AA with 83 including Huntingdon and no Dyersburg?? I assume you have 82 in AAA and 82 in AAAA to make the 329 right?? What are your numbers for cutoffs?? Looks like lots of different opinions on who is private or who actually has basketball or??? Think everyone agrees there are 329 but everyone don’t agree on who the 329 are. 

3 hours ago, StudCantrell said:

Polk Co.     York  
            Monterey  

Manassas Douglass

I can only speak to the area I am intimately familar with....Happy Valley will be grouped with Chuckey Doak, Johnson County, etc based on geography.  No way they will drive past the Greene Co schools to play in Union, Cumberland Gap, etc. 

Edited by GregReece

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

So you got 83 without Dyersburg and you did include Huntington. chill’s post on page 20 has Huntingdon possibly being the 83rd team in Single A. So you have AA with 83 including Huntingdon and no Dyersburg?? I assume you have 82 in AAA and 82 in AAAA to make the 329 right?? What are your numbers for cutoffs?? Looks like lots of different opinions on who is private or who actually has basketball or??? Think everyone agrees there are 329 but everyone don’t agree on who the 329 are. 

When I was editing my spreadsheet, I forgot to take out Haywood from my original list as they are 3A. So, it should be 82 in Class 2A now. With so many of these new charter schools, it is hard to tell which schools to count as some of them may co-op with other schools. I'm probably way off base but I gave it my best shot, LOL. it will be interesting which schools decide to play up a class or not.

Here are my cutoffs:

Class 1A - Clinch (36) to Oneida (386) - 83 schools

Class 2A - Monterey (395) to Giles Co. (700) - 82 schools

Class 3A - Dyersburg (702) to Memphis Overton (1,224) - 82 schools

Class 4A - Lenoir City (1,228) to Collierville (2,865) - 82 schools

2 hours ago, GregReece said:

I can only speak to the area I am intimately familar with....Happy Valley will be grouped with Chuckey Doak, Johnson County, etc based on geography.  No way they will drive past the Greene Co schools to play in Union, Cumberland Gap, etc. 

After looking at the map closer, I agree with you and will make some more changes. I'm trying to get this as accurate as possible. I'm not familiar with where some schools are located. Thanks!